Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Edward Snowden interview

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

P_Cash wrote: »
    This is my last post on the topic as people have little to offer opinion wise.

Why i don't give my real name? Why most of us don't? Why dont i post my login details?

In case your serious and don't know why.

None of us care if someone in an office somewhere in the world sees our name and trace our posts, but we do if its a neighbour/work collegue/ friend / boss

listen that is fair enough and you are right that all us little people have very little to fear directly.

But get this: say there was a hearing coming up to decide if this surveillance was constitutional in the US and the judge who was deciding on this very important matter was having an affair with someone who was not his wife

do you think that if the NSA knew about this affair they could just keep it to themselves or would they threaten the judge with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

catallus wrote: »
    Maybe we need PRISM and GCHQ program to protect society more than we need trifling privacy!?
    no .

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Gatling wrote: »
    Bored of a wannabe James bond who's actually nothing more than a common thief with a hero complex.

And a coward hiding in Russia .
    he's neither of those, he's a hero. if the US government was n't acting corrupt or like terrorists, then there would be nothing to leak

You see, there you go, sensationalising a pretty mundane issue.

State Security and Crime Fighting must move with the times or become redundant.

I, for one, believe that criminals should not be given a head start by some misplaced sense of reticence on the parts of those who would presume to rule.

If you have nothing to fear you have nothing to hide.
    bull****. just because i've nothing to hide does not mean i wish to allow governments to do what they like

As mentioned above, once your on line, your privacy concerns are none existent.

I just laugh at the idiot, i mean he told us what? That emais can be seen, governments can rule company's, you can be investigated to any depth if need be?

I wonder did he come down in the last shower or something?

On a basic level every org tracks your simple movements on line, called cookies, and why would anyone assume total privacy in today's world never mind on line.

Security comes at a price,

If everyone's bag was searched and pockets emptied before flying, people would complain about privacy, yet 9/11 might not have happened.

But for some lost kid trying to lift the lid workings of cia which are interested in criminals not u or me is just crazy.

Me he get what he deserves
    yes. hopefully full citizenship of russia or another country. the CIA are interested in who they decide they are interested in, criminal or not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

he's neither of those, he's a hero. if the US government was n't acting corrupt or like terrorists, then there would be nothing to leak

Utter garbage

Why is he hiding in Russia

Thief and a coward

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

bull****. just because i've nothing to hide does not mean i wish to allow governments to do what they like

You don't allow governments do anything, underling!

You are permitted to reside under their protection on sufferance. Don't forget that.

Only those with something to hide should fear this.

bollox. only the gullible would come out with such tripe
    i know they have nothing on me to get them excited.

me neither. doesn't matter though, they are wrong.
    If most people in the states cared as much they would be uproar and rallys of support to get him home.
    From what i can see 98% of americans don't care, and neither do i

i doubt he gives a **** that you don't care. he has got sanctuary in russia now

Utter garbage

Why is he hiding in Russia

Thief and a coward
    because the americans will put him up on false charges with made up evidence. he's a hero

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Thief and a coward

"Cushy job contracting for the NSA for a **** ton of money. Now shall I live the high life or go on the run for the rest of my life for fear of lifelong imprisonment and/or execution??"

Oh yeah, he chose the cowardly option alright.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

It's called democracy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

You are permitted to reside under their protection on sufferance. Don't forget that.

I imagine you're being sarcastic now, right?

In case you're not. Governments are the executive arm of our elected representatives. They are to represent the peoples political will. When they turn against us or do what they like no matter what the law is when the tail wags the dog. At least that's whats written into most western constitutions. Which are things we are allegedly all so proud of in the western world and what distinguishes us from all those evil empires. Allegedly.
    Before posting such rubbish you should ensure you understand at least the bare minimum of what you're talking about.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Maybe we need PRISM and GCHQ program to protect society more than we need trifling privacy!?

Ok, give us all your email and social media passwords just so we can have a look. After all, you've nothing to hide, right?

Yeah, didn't think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

It's okay because they are protecting our freedom or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

seems like a NWO stooge to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

New September 2019 interview with Edward Snowden ...

The man whose state surveillance revelations rocked the world speaks exclusively to the Guardian about his new life and concerns for the future

The world’s most famous whistleblower, Edward Snowden, says he has detected a softening in public hostility towards him in the US over his disclosure of top-secret documents that revealed the extent of the global surveillance programmes run by American and British spy agencies.

In an exclusive two-hour interview in Moscow to mark the publication of his memoirs, Permanent Record, Snowden said dire warnings that his disclosures would cause harm had not come to pass, and even former critics now conceded “we live in a better, freer and safer world” because of his revelations.

In the book, Snowden describes in detail for the first time his background, and what led him to leak details of the secret programmes being run by the US National Security Agency (NSA) and the UK’s secret communication headquarters, GCHQ.

more H E R E

490535.jpg

Advertisement