Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SUSI refused. They want P and L Accounts

• 17-11-2019 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I applied to SUSI or agrant on behal of my daughter and I gave all my details to SUSI as per their request to get a grant but they came back to me asking for a Profit and Loss account for me personally not my company. My accountant has never heard of this and he has done some SUSI grants before. Another local accountant said the same. I asked SUSI for an example of what they want but they couldn't give me one. Now I have been refused. I spoke to other people who are also self employed but they were not required to submit a P&L just bank statement and a revenue statement. Just wondering can I appeal or can anyone help with doing a personal P and L? Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wanderer19

Probably too late now ...

If you're paid as an employee through your company then the audited accounts may suffice if your salary is listed desperately. (not always).

If that doesn't suffice then ask your accountant to prepare a Form 11, which he can create a P&L or Income and Expenditure report, and will provide the figures for assessment by revenue.

What they're basically looking for is something from revenue that states how much you've earned in the previous year.

Hope that helps for this year's application.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,234 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The likely situation is that you are not self-employed, you are employed by the company, whether as a director or otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Form 11 or a certificate of income.

Your payroll department can complete a certificate of income for you basically just showing your YTD figures, how much tax you've paid to date etc essentially the same details that would be on a payslip in more detail.

Advertisement