Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'what have some travellers somewhere done this time? thread

• 20-03-2019 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Have you seen the video going round of the 4 year old child being forced to drink Guinness and practise bare knuckle fighting?

Jaysus.

What hope do these kids have?

And what will decent folk do when the next generation of bosses come to power?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

Pkiernan wrote: »
    And what will decent folk do when the next generation of bosses come to power?

I don't think they'll be running for government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭PinotNero

Careful now. Remember Peter Casey is the evil one...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

rgodard80a wrote: »
    I don't think they'll be running for government.

No but the gubernment is falling all over them and bending over for anything to give more money and hand outs to them

• Registered Users Posts: 14,101 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

Reminiscent of young Tiger Woods, aged 5, putting in the hours with his dad on the golf course. 20,000 hours and you too can be a genius in your chosen field.

• Advertisement

• john4321 wrote: »

One of the most disturbing videos I've ever watched. This is what our government puts on a pedestal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

Reminiscent of young Tiger Woods, aged 5, putting in the hours with his dad on the golf course. 20,000 hours and you too can be a genius in your chosen field.

I remember when it was 10,000 - bloody inflation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

john4321 wrote: »

One of the most disturbing videos I've ever watched. This is what our government puts on a pedestal.
    And our political and media betters will tell us that it’s our “racism” and discrimination that’s to blame when this kid has 30 or 40 odd convictions, a battered wife, alcoholism (possibly even drug addiction) to his name.

In fact, some utter idiot will be along in this thread shortly to insinuate same in some cack-handed, disingenuous way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Remember though, we’re wrong for not understanding their culture and making allowances.

Always the victims, it’s never their fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Send that vid to Tusla that child should be taken into care

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

So sad…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Noveight wrote: »
    Remember though, we’re wrong for not understanding their culture and making allowances.

Always the victims, it’s never their fault.

Not only are we wrong, we're racist aswell.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

It's only a glass be grand.
    A pint now that would be a different story altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 25,594 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Have any of you keyboard warriors actually contacted Tulsa???

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

That video is very sad the poor child doesn't stand a chance in life if these are the type of people that are rearing him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,358 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

What good would they be? Why measure us over this? Can we not voice discontent over this, or do we need to set fire to the pitch forks?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

That’s grim. Poor child never stood a chance as a result of being surrounded by borderline pschopathic men who promote their depressing, violent, and barbaric ‘culture’.

Time for some honest discussions about how society deals with the enormous issues of truancy,domestic violence, drug dealing, alcoholism, burglary that are endemic in traveller culture. And it doesn’t involve putting them up on a pedestal or turning a blind eye to this. It’s criminality.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭snickers

I’m shocked that his father actually cleaned up the spilled guinness .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Odelay

Did you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

That video is very sad the poor child doesn't stand a chance in life if these are the type of people that are rearing him.
    Why is nearly everyone on a downer? Have you ever thought of the future great culture that this child will bestow on his fellow citizens? No need to be racist just embrace this wondeful culture.
    snickers wrote: »
    I’m shocked that his father actually cleaned up the spilled guinness .
    That doesn't make up for throwing the cutlery on the ground.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Oh its our fault now is it?

Nobody can have an opinion on the video unless we act on it?

That poor kid and others like it are the next generation, God help them......and society.

Whats your opinion on it Mrs? Have you contacted Tulsa?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Healthy lookin lad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

It sounds like they are in a pub or restaurant is it even legal for them to have a child on the premises consuming alcohol. I'm surprised they weren't kicked out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,358 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

RHJ wrote: »
    It sounds like they are in a pub or restaurant is it even legal for them to have a child on the premises consuming alcohol. I'm surprised they weren't kicked out.

It looks like they were hidden away in the video and the man clearly didn't want attention drawn to them, by telling the kid to get off the table. Which is odd, considering everything else would have been so noticable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

I will.....in 24 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Yeah, good woman. Your first thought when you saw this thread and video was, “did anyone who’s already posted in the thread condemning what they’d just seen contact Tulsa? I’ll ask. That’ll put them racist scumbags in their place”!!

For fcuks sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Tusla? Might as well complain to Pavee Point about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

john4321 wrote: »

Shocking. I can't help but think that by how fast he's able to drink the Guinness he's well used to it. I remember having a sip of beer as a kid and it was the most disgusting thing I'd ever tasted. I certainly wouldn't have been knocking it back like that. Poor kid doesn't have a chance, I hope the family is investigated and charged with child endangerment and he is removed from their "care"

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Tacklebox

I remember back in the 80's it wasn't uncommon for a kid to slurp out a grandfather's or grand uncles pint because it probably made me feel big.

I used to be mesmerised with the bubbles going upwards, oh the larger too.
    More fizzy than lemonade, we weren't allowed the lager but boy didn't I love a taste of iron.

Went onto the Christmas cake then, mum leaving out the whiskey and myself taking an aul cap full.
    Sure twould warm my cockles for the evening.

A sneaky boozer from the sthart.

This takes it to another level, funnily enough travellers I knew didn't like drinking much.
    Back in the 80's lol "you'd swear I'm really old " back in the 80's the travellers considered drinking to access a Taboo....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement