Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S III Jelly Bean update tipped for August 29th

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Sweet! Was wondering, do you think Samsung will incorporate Google now into the new update? Seeing as it will functionally make s voice obsolete?? (Not that it's used anyways)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

No idea, dont use S voice so its unlikely ill use Google now, ill have a look though, wonder if will help with battery life, far more important

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

you can get it now but its the unofficial one http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=8&view=5998

• Registered Users Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I tried the leaked ROM out today and it was terrible, lots of lag, force closes, issues installing apps from the market, not a keeper for now imo. It does include Google Now.

The "official" issues list

You Can't download paid Apps from Play Store
    Can only dial numbers starting with "0"
    Input languages doesn't work properly for some languages
    Contacts FC
    Maps FC
    Out of memory error

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭PG4000

Quick question on peoples thoughts about switching to 4.1.

Adobe are only supporting Flash for ICS devices and not beyond. Updating to Jelly Bean means that flash will no longer be available on your phone. I for one am very hesitant in upgrading because of this.

Are others on here happy to lose flash with the upgrade? If so, why?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,897 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I have JB and Flash :D

Got a firmware upate this morning,,, for some reason I got all excited thinking it may be some Samsung surprise JB roll-out. I was wrong :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,952 ✭✭✭opus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Wonder what Indie will come up with for his Omega rom

The leaks are leaked purposely by Samsung for the community to fix the bugs. Samsung have realised it's in their interest to have a community working on software for their hardware. Samsung even donated new phones to the Cyanogen team so they'd get to work developing for it.

Edit, Damn, should have quoted to catch that ninja edit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

He's releasing v15 later today or tomorrow. He already has v14 out, but it's based on the buggy firmware and he himself said not to bother downloading it unless you really want to see JB. v15 should be a lot more stable so i reckon I'll give that a whirl

• Registered Users Posts: 4,952 ✭✭✭opus

griffdaddy wrote: »
    He's releasing v15 later today or tomorrow. He already has v14 out, but it's based on the buggy firmware and he himself said not to bother downloading it unless you really want to see JB. v15 should be a lot more stable so i reckon I'll give that a whirl

Was thinking of doing exactly that myself, bit sad I can't wait 'til next week for the final version though :o

I'm convinced flashing roms is the geeky version of heroin. If you actually stopped and think about what you're doing objectively and logically for a few minutes you realise how pointless the whole thing is and that it affects how you use your phone very little, if at all. Yet we still do it, just to have a new menu layout or some tiny feature that wasn't available before, it's a form of madness, beautiful madness!:p

griffdaddy wrote: »
    I'm convinced flashing roms is the geeky version of heroin. If you actually stopped and think about what you're doing objectively and logically for a few minutes you realise how pointless the whole thing is and that it affects how you use your phone very little, if at all. Yet we still do it, just to have a new menu layout or some tiny feature that wasn't available before, it's a form of madness, beautiful madness!:p

Or to remove crap that shouldn't be there ala Touchwiz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Looking fw to the JB update.

Still running the stock fw on my own GS3. Root is the only thing I'd done.

Hopefully with the official JB release the AOSP roms will be a more solid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

I'm already running Liquid Jelly Bean ROM and it's amazing with the CM launcher, you simply cannot get any ROM at present which will beat this for smoothness/speed and battery life is superb.

Dualbooting CM10 (Jelly Bean) alongside CM9.. No issues and great battery life with CM10 till I went to take a photo and it's not there yet.

Can't wait for it to be fully ready cause it feels really nice.. Getting flash isn't a problem, I did the titanium backup method with Dolphin HD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭kenyard

im running the stock released jellybean H7 and its grand. had to reboot once or twice but most things seem bug free atm.
    should only be a matter of days until the update is available OTA anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭MHalberstram

Have it on my Asus transformer. Big improvements.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭kenyard

Have it on my Asus transformer. Big improvements.

was considering getting one of those. pc world have them for under 500 with the keyboard, which is as cheap if not cheaper than online...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Any more news on when the JB update will be available? Just tried the OTA software update and it says no update available.

New leak just out. (I9300XXDLH8) Must be close to the final release at this stage.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1851496

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

The expected date is in the thread title lol.

It's expected to be announced tomorrow. Don't know if that means it'll be available tomorrow or not though.

I know there's a clue in the title!

Was just wondering if there was any more confirmation of it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Nothing yet...

• Advertisement
Advertisement