Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rudolph Day

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mittimitti

ahem cough cough

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

mittimitti wrote: »
    ahem cough cough

Yep. This completely slipped my mind as I’m currently on holidays :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Loughc wrote: »
    Yep. This completely slipped my mind as I’m currently on holidays :)

:mad::mad::mad: - You should be on holidays in London!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm on my holidays in 2 weeks, and there's currently a heatwave.
    I'm taking a Rudolph hiatus! :pac:

Next Rudolph Day, the August bank holiday will be approaching and the BT Christmas shop will be getting set to open. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,104 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Watched the Gavin & Stacey christmas special on TV last night... was wondering what it was doing on in June & copped the date!
    Still makes me laugh that one.

'Galaxy truffle.... crackin'
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Jude13

Gavin and Stacy is my OH's favourite Christmas show/movie. We didn't get to see it last year as she wanted to leave it until the day we flew home but that day was far too hectic to squeeze it in.

Jude13 wrote: »
    Gavin and Stacy is my OH's favourite Christmas show/movie. We didn't get to see it last year as she wanted to leave it until the day we flew home but that day was far too hectic to squeeze it in.

I have it on DVD but still end up watching it at least twice a year... If I see it 'live' on TV i have to watch it :D

Felt weird last night though, just finished packing for a sun holiday & there we are watching a Crimbo special
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I love that people are watching Christmas shows during a heatwave! I had my niece for a sleepover on Saturday for a movie night & they decided to watch a Mickey Mouse Christmas movie! I was so proud :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

456646.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Happy Rudolf Day kitty ! Had a roast dinner this evening which felt a bit Christmassy:)

• Advertisement

Happy Rudolph Day, folks!
    The next one will fall on a Saturday. :)

Only 4 Rudolph days left in 2018... Must admit with the exception of 1 of them I have done nothing to recognise that fact...

note to self = must do better!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I think it's time we bring this back... in a big way. A Rudolph Day lands on a Saturday... I think the theme this month should be a challenge...

The challenge being can you sneak something Christmassy into your sitting rooms (an ornament, card, jumper,etc) leave it in plain sight and see if it gets noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Happy Rudolph Day fellow Elves! Only 4 months to go now.
    I have to go to Halfords to get a tube for my youngest son's bike. He got this bike for Christmas 2016 so at a very thin stretch I am marking the day by doing something Christmassy ha ha.
    I will get Turkey and Ham in the hotel carvery tomorrow to mark the day properly, hope you all have a great day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

I think it's time we bring this back... in a big way. A Rudolph Day lands on a Saturday... I think the theme this month should be a challenge...

The challenge being can you sneak something Christmassy into your sitting rooms (an ornament, card, jumper,etc) leave it in plain sight and see if it gets noticed.

A bit pointless in my house, seeing as I leave some decs up all year ' round....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Getting the decoration out of the attic was the most difficult bit but it's done.

Getting the decoration out of the attic was the most difficult bit but it's done.
    I have no patience so I dropped some strong hints today and my husband noticed the decoration. He didn't seem that surprised so I need to go big or go home next time. I'm thinking fully lit reindeer in the kitchen.

Im sitting here looking at a crystal Christmas tree on the tv stand. No one has mentioned it so far. But it’ll prob be the same no one would be surprised.

Im sitting here looking at a crystal Christmas tree on the tv stand. No one has mentioned it so far. But it’ll prob be the same no one would be surprised.

On the TV stand and no one has noticed? :D Love it.

On the TV stand and no one has noticed? :D Love it.

Right underneath the tv as well in the middle of the stand. Either that or my wife is currently trying to get me sectioned....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Happy Sept Rudolph day, Elves !

Happy Rudolph Day! :)

I'm going to eat gingerbread later while watching the Great British Bake Off's spice week. Hope that's Christmassy enough!

Posy wrote: »
    Happy Rudolph Day! :)

I'm going to eat gingerbread later while watching the Great British Bake Off's spice week. Hope that's Christmassy enough!

That's perfect! And a great idea, I must pop to LIDL tonight and see if there is any Christmas stock worth buying in for Bake Off.

Good idea, Loughc! Might do the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Happy rudolph day folks.  I might have to go back to Lidl today - I struggled not to buy the Stollen bites yesterday, but they would be ideal bakeoff eating for rudolph day.  There goes my diet :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

I had a couple of dry figs for my breakfast (dry figs are one of the flavours of Christmas for me). I bought a bag last week and eating my way though it, as slowly as I can restrain myself !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Happy Rudolph Day everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mittimitti

Only two more Rudolph days left in 2018

mittimitti wrote: »
    Only two more Rudolph days left in 2018

Crazy isn’t it! We must do something big with the last two.

• Advertisement

Happy Rudolph Day, Elves :D

Only one more left till the big one!

Advertisement