Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

From a Christmas Pudding to a Christmas Cracker - Weight Loss Motivation

Options

Comments

DvB wrote: »
    oooh, cheesecake!! Love it, especially if of the Baileys variety!

Enjoy!

Thanks, it's the highlight of my week so far :pac:
    It's toblerone but I hope to graduate to making Bailey's cheesecakes soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Another bad week.... oops!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Another bad week.... oops!

Snap. :(

I’m even dreaming about it. I need to get my sh..... together.

Loughc wrote: »
    Snap. :(

I’m even dreaming about it. I need to get my sh..... together.

Meet your brother... shocking how easily I've slipped back into bad habits
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

I briefly fell off the wagon on Saturday as was at a house warming party so booze, chips, snacks, ice cream, muffins. If it was there and bad for you I eat it!!

Got back on track yesterday ish! 5 more days before holidays so going to try to be good till at least Friday!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I finally got my **** together last week. Down 2kg (but probably mostly water from awful week before it). Off plan yesterday a bit. Back on it today though struggling to focus. Going for a wander with the kids now to stop me snacking in the kitchsn

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭ClydeTallyBump

Hi all! Hoping to try lose 2 stone from tomorrow onwards by Christmas. Have some pecan brownies here so once they're gone, I can get cracking!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,807 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Hi all! Hoping to try lose 2 stone from tomorrow onwards by Christmas. Have some pecan brownies here so once they're gone, I can get cracking!

Would you not forego the brownies?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Jude13

Two weeks ago I had logged that I had put on 3kg/7ish lbs and needed to get my act together. Since then I have done a single 10km run, 52mins which I was happy with but have also manged to put on another 3kg/7lbs. So basically I have put on 6kg/1 stone in 6 weeks.

I weighed myself this morning and was disgusted (not so much that I was out off my large rice left over lunch today). So this pm I will put the runners on an pound the pavement. Plus I am away from the family for two weeks so I will have time for the gym and to eat what I like, no carbs from this pm.

Just back from a 10k run myself, not gonna lie the last couple of ks hurt... i really need to get back into 3 runs a week territory or I'm wasting my time. Weight steady at about half a stone over my normal race weight... been saying that for months now so really need to get my ass in gear or Christmas will come up fast along with the usual weight gain that accompanies it and I'm back into serious work territory to fit into my clothes!!!

• Advertisement

As I have blistered feet I gave the run a miss last night and started a gym programme which I have used in the past. The weight room at the gym was rammed and it took quite a bit mental strength to get it done. Back to the gym tonight for some light legs and rowing/assault bike.

Blooming massive blisters on my heal wont heal, compeed or not.

Went to the gym again last night and then a 6km run. Day 3 of the diet and carb craving terribly. I am also avoiding pals looking to go for beers while I am home alone.

Jude13 wrote: »
    Went to the gym again last night and then a 6km run. Day 3 of the diet and carb craving terribly. I am also avoiding pals looking to go for beers while I am home alone.

2 weeks to break the cycle is all... keep it going!!!

I'm able to do a full hour working out without having to lay down on the floor! I know an hour would be fairly standard but I was so unfit when I started this that I had to start at 20 mins and work my way up. I've also moved on from beginners, to intermediate, to advanced. I still have a ways to go but I'm so so happy :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That's great. :D

That's class Eskie!

I had a great week in the gym and running and got rid of a 2.5kg/5lb(ish). Then had a terrible weekend weight wise with the OH away, out with pals two nights on the trot and the inevitable unhealthy eating the next day. Got a few gym sessions but i basically put most of my losses back on. The last two days I have been at the gym and have rung on total 17km so down 2kg/4.4lbs though I know a lot is water. I just need to keep it going this week.

So from the 6kg I put on I have 4kg to go. That's just to get my normal clothes to be conformable. I then have another 5-10kg till my optimum weight.

This is the first time in years that I have been a bachelor, when I travel for work its very easy to hit the gym each day and its generally in a dry country so no booze. Being here with pals and no OH or elves is tough.

Thank you :) I'm definitely not an athlete but I'm making sure I get back on the wagon if I fall off, which I did...
    I had a big kebab over the weekend, it was absolutely beautiful. I was killed with indigestion after it, but I'm glad I suffered a little as I need to be put off getting one again :o
    My OH and I spent the rest of the weekend hill walking/climbing and it was great to clear the heads.
    I'm doing yoga all this week, my ankles weren't great after the hills so I'm going easy on them.

I would love to get in to yoga. I used to do it a bit but I just do not have the time and its bloody difficult. My OH had a yoga company which she runs weekends and during the school holidays so I have no excuse.

We did a yoga and surf retreat years ago in Sri Lanka. Yoga all day or surfing, I did one class and felt just so out of my depth and it was pre normal people so my GAA shorts were frowned upon by the lulu lemon brigade.

One of my colleagues in work started yoga a couple of years ago and swears by it. Said it took a few months to get into it fully but now thinks its great. He had played rugby for years & had many old injuries & niggles (like anyone who played competitive sport) but reckons it has helped him massively with these and his weight.

Would love to see if it would do me any good, been told its great for sciatica and the weight benefits are a bonus too!

We used to do it as part of our rugby training recovery, once a week. IT was just us lads and more focused on stretching then breathing etc. My OH is yoga mad. I know I should do it.

• Advertisement

They do yoga in work, well did when we were in the office. I was tempted to try it as my wife swears by it too. She is always trying to get me to do it with here at home however always make an excuse not to.

I do a lot more stretching now though as got to that stage in life where I don't jump out of bed each morning feeling like I did 10 years ago!

I'm well out of practise now but I used to go to a yoga class in the gym around the corner from my old apartment. I missed it a lot after I moved. YouTube is great though, lots of yoga channels to choose from. I find it good to do a bit of gentle yoga on rest days, and I do a quick session in the morning to wake me up. The great thing about doing it at home, no one sees me wobble or fall over, and I can pause the video any time or go back if I'm not quite getting the hang of a particular stretch or pose :)

Weighed myself this morning, as predicted my week off has me back at half a stone over my 'running' weight, as I call it... so my loss has been regained essentially. But with little on the horizon for the next few weeks I'm hoping to knuckle down, stick with the regular exercise (I'm back at 4 times a week, running and/or cycling now) and finally get to grips with my eating as in reality its my diet and amount of food (& drink) thats doing the damage... less than 20 weeks to christmas now so need to lose half a stone, that way I can put a few lbs on over the most wonderful time of the year and not have to buy a new wardrobe!!

Weighed myself this morning, as predicted my week off has me back at half a stone over my 'running' weight, as I call it... so my loss has been regained essentially. But with little on the horizon for the next few weeks I'm hoping to knuckle down, stick with the regular exercise (I'm back at 4 times a week, running and/or cycling now) and finally get to grips with my eating as in reality its my diet and amount of food (& drink) thats doing the damage... less than 20 weeks to christmas now so need to lose half a stone, that way I can put a few lbs on over the most wonderful time of the year and not have to buy a new wardrobe!!

Getting fit for Christmas, now that's dedication :D

It's good to have a date to aim for :)
    I had a family wedding in October for my first stage of weight loss/get fit, then Christmas, and then my own wedding. The October wedding has recently been postponed so I may have taken that as an excuse to take my foot off the pedal :o
    I'll be back at it tomorrow. I'm trying to get back to being positive too, it's been hard lately.

I'll be back at it tomorrow. I'm trying to get back to being positive too, it's been hard lately.

Sorry to hear the Eskie. Always around for a chat if that helps, here or in PM. As I've said before I'm a big believer in talking.

TRS30 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear the Eskie. Always around for a chat if that helps, here or in PM. As I've said before I'm a big believer in talking.

Thank you, that's so kind :) I think I'm in the same boat as a lot of people, struggling to be positive with all that's happening, and worrying about what the future holds. I had a family bereavement this month so things were a little tougher than usual, but feeling a lot better.
    Tomorrow I'll be back to my usual routine so I'll feel a bit normal again :)

Thank you, that's so kind :) I think I'm in the same boat as a lot of people, struggling to be positive with all that's happening, and worrying about what the future holds. I had a family bereavement this month so things were a little tougher than usual, but feeling a lot better.
    Tomorrow I'll be back to my usual routine so I'll feel a bit normal again :)

Anytime. :)

Okay so it begins again, 95kg checking in. I have a target of 8 weeks of pain.

• Advertisement

Jude13 wrote: »
    Okay so it begins again, 95kg checking in. I have a target of 8 weeks of pain.

No pain no gain!

Full of the cringey catchphrases today :)

Advertisement