Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-09-2013, 13:29   #16
Ryath

Never thought about the dried vs fresh pasta thing. Would be interested to see that blog as you say its dried at such high temperatures some of the nutritional value is gone. I'm sure some pastas are better than others though usually buy Decceco or Barilla. Used to make fresh pasta occasionally its good few years now though. As you say it is easy but pretty time consuming. Used to really only bother for making stuffed pastas like ravioli and tortellini. Do use fresh refrigerated pasta a fair bit but for some dishes the dried is nicer. Will try and stick with the fresh stuff now though still keeps for a week or two in the fridge. You can't beat Pasta for convenience though tin of tomatoes few bits and pieces you have in the fridge and cupboard you can make quite a decent meal.

Your right about the bacteria saw this afew months ago
Advertisement
06-09-2013, 15:01   #17
AstraMonti

Here it is http://bodyecology.com/articles/avoid_pasta.php
I 've no idea about the statements regarding noodles.
Thanks from:
06-09-2013, 15:40   #18
Zyzz

Goddam you have some sexy plates.

Where to buy?
06-09-2013, 15:53   #19
AstraMonti

LOL! Dunnes' finest.
07-09-2013, 00:20   #20
AstraMonti

Training: sort spin on the new cx bike, up and down the hill. My legs were not in bits by yesterday's session in the gym so happy days.

Food: Brie with bacon and an egg for breakfast. Two salmon fillets with salad from last night for breakfast. For dinner we went out and the miss chose The counter. I had a burger with salad instead of a bun and some onion rings I shouldn't have eaten. I also had some coated peanuts that messed up my stomach.
Advertisement
08-09-2013, 20:17   #21
AstraMonti

Saturday

Training: None, rest day

Food: I woke up really late which is very surprising for me and for breakfast I had an egg with bacon and some cheese. I had no lunch and for dinner there was a massive t-bone steak with some horrific hollandaise sauce I made along with some green salad. I ll need to revisit the sauce.

I only have a pic of the precooked steak.. so yummy..

Today:

Training: 74kms spin with RokOn. I was feeling fine and I wasn't really pushing at all, but at the 62k mark I was completely drained from energy. I had a banana and two handfulls of brazil nut (i would guess around 12-15) but they didn't really help. Need to bring more food with me next time, but I don't know what yet.

Food: Breakfast was 3 slices of ham along with two boiled eggs and some cheese. Dinner was some lamb cooked in olive oil and fresh oregano, just amazing, with green leafy salad with walnuts. Also there was another dish made with orzo and beef but I barely had two bites out of it. I have no pics because it disappeared quite quickly After that the table filled with 7-8 different kinds of sweets but none of them appeal to me, so I just had a piece of dark chocolate.

Weight is still at 79kgs.
Thanks from:
08-09-2013, 20:47   #22

^
100k for me at a very easy pace.
Then I was abducted back to Astras place where after some truly excellent olives, cheese and lamb with salad I was force fed chocolate and various types of home made preserves and jams with Greek yoghurt.
It was disgusting how Mr & Ms Monti simply forced me to eat all of this sugary goodness.

Seriously you haven't lived if you haven't had MsMontis lamb and beef.
You have never seen heaven if you haven't had Turkish delight jam. Seriously addictive.

Thanks man.
(3) thanks from:
09-09-2013, 20:53   #23
Planet X

10-09-2013, 20:50   #24
AstraMonti

Yesterday

Training: none, was working late and then had no interest of going out. My legs kinda felt heavy too.

Food: Boiled eggs, cheese, sausage for breakfast. Lunch was beef steak with salad. I had grapes, nuts and cheese for a snack. Dinner was aromatic duck with egg noodles. As I found out later egg noodles have flour in them (yes I am an idiot for not knowing )

Today

Training: 1h crossfit, half an hour running and half hour on the bike.

Food: 2 eggs and some ham. Lunch was an omelette with cheese,onions, ham and peppers. Pecan nuts for snack and a piece of dark choco. For dinner I had butter fried prawns with greens.
Advertisement
10-09-2013, 23:05   #25
petethedrummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstraMonti View Post
Yesterday

Training: none, was working late and then had no interest of going out. My legs kinda felt heavy too.
No wonder, over the 8 days from Sunday to Sunday you trained 7 days! Off the back of doing nothing for a month. When are you going to schedule in rest?
11-09-2013, 08:05   #26
AstraMonti

I had a rest day on Saturday as well, but I might needed another day as I was back after holidays, you're right on that.
11-09-2013, 10:11   #27
petethedrummer

Quote:
I had a rest day on Saturday as well, but I might needed another day as I was back after holidays, you're right on that.
Why don't you try not exercising until you feel like it. In a few days when you have fully recovered you should be jumping out of your skin wanting to exercise hard again. If you are tired and you do more exercise, you are going to just get more tired. Or you're going to adapt to this schedule by performing it at a less than optimum intensity and not actually get much fitter despite all the work. IMO!

You don't need to maintain a calories in vs calories out deficit as you've already demonstrated last month that you can maintain weight with no exercise or hunger.

Or you could start taking steroids.
11-09-2013, 20:24   #28
AstraMonti

I am not worried about my calories intake or my weight, I 've been stable the past two years, going 76 to 81.

But I followed your advice and didn't go out today as I had plan because I wasn't feeling like it. Now I am thinking that I should have gone out, so I am going to leave the house tomorrow very early for an hour an half spin to the office.

So training nada today.
As for food, I had brie with bacon, an apple, steak with broccoli and feta cheese, more cheese, salami and nuts for snack and I planning to have another steak with an egg now.
12-09-2013, 12:04   #29
niceonetom

Getting to that time of the year when my mind turns to crosstraining and saw this

Quote:
Really interesting article on squats.

http://www.strengthandconditioningre...9/squat-depth/

What are you taking from that, for a cyclist? I did a bit of heavy weights last winter and felt generally better for it (though I don't know that it helped on the bike at all). This year I'm planning on lifting again but am trying to navigate all the advice on the net to figure out what kind of lifts, depth, reps v load I should do that might translate to more power on the bike.
12-09-2013, 13:09   #30
AstraMonti

My humble and very unscientific opinion is that probably deep squats with low weight and many repeats will work better for road racing. My trainers always push me for really deep heavy squats (even if it goes just 1 repeat) but I am not sure if they have studied anything out of the norm. I ll chat with them today and see their response.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion