Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

This thread hasn't gone away you know etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

So no old boys club in Newry , given grant’s for taxis and licenses by the British Government to give them employment as they would struggle as they are are former provos .

Never heard of that - any data to back it up (otherwise it is just waffle)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

There’s still a big story brewing about how a political party operating in Ireland and Northern Ireland can own 50 properties. That’s extraordinary. Where did the money come from to buy these properties considering there’s a ban on overseas political donations in the Republic?

They also have 200 employees, which would cost millions every year in wages, employer PRSI etc. More employees than the Tory party in the UK, of the CDU in Germany. Who are these people, and what do they do all day? Are they the famous 'community activists' we used to hear a lot about?

There’s still a big story brewing about how a political party operating in Ireland and Northern Ireland can own 50 properties. That’s extraordinary. Where did the money come from to buy these properties considering there’s a ban on overseas political donations in the Republic?

They also have 200 employees, which would cost millions every year in wages, employer PRSI etc. More employees than the Tory party in the UK, of the CDU in Germany. Who are these people, and what do they do all day? Are they the famous 'community activists' we used to hear a lot about?

is this the party that apparently is economically illiterate?

they obviously are quite good with the economics. Must sting that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Great performance from SF over the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

maccored wrote: »
    Never heard of that - any data to back it up (otherwise it is just waffle)

Friends Father is one of the beneficiaries of that scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,218 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

From the previous hamster wheel thread. Well done mod on the hamster reference by the way!

Previous: thread is it just me or has SF vanished:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058063227&page=247
    Chiparus wrote: »
    I have no doubt you are not a supporter of FF and are probably a hard core shinner.

Not sure he gave substantive answers- a property developer gave him money to keep and he hid it in his wifes bank account.
    When he was found out - it was a "political donation " - helps avoid taxing questions if you know what I mean.

Here is more of the substantive answers , (if by substantive, you mean evasive).

https://villagemagazine.ie/micheal-m...ading-in-2020/

I can assure you I am a supporter of neither FF or SF.
    Bertie Ahern and CJ Haughey are two main reasons I would not vote FF. SF obvious reasons that I am sure will be listed on this thread and other SF threads.

But I feel the hammering of Martin is based on a cheap shot. Wife had money in account, great headline. Kind of father Ted - money resting in my account idea. But dig a little deeper you will learn. Mary Martin (Nee O'Shea) was working in FF and very political active when she was younger. O'Shea joined the FF Cumman in 1981. Has a Masters in Local Government, and has lectured on public administration in the Department of Government in University College Cork (UCC). She worked for FF at the time in other words.
    A former Fianna Fail national youth organiser.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/elections/latest-news/the-real-force-behind-micheals-machine-26695416.html

So it would not be simply a case of a wife used as cover. Also in the Mahon tribunal there was never any mention of improper conduct from Martin because of loans received from O'Callaghan. Also unlike Bertie Ahern the tribunal did not state Martin was dishonest.

https://planningtribunal.ie/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/sitecontent_1257.pdf

Now political donations are almost a dirty word these days. But I feel it is only fair to look at how SF fund thier party and associates.

Wikileaks showed that SF was aware of the Northern Bank Robbery where did the 26.5m go?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2010/dec/12/wikileaks-sinn-fein-northern-bank

A robbery which was said to be planned by 'Good Republican' Bobby Storey.

If you look back even further at the likes of Noraid in the USA funded Republicanism and SF.

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP90-00965R000605480034-5.pdf

It was styled as to be a charity for relief work in NI!
    But Noraid were forced to list the Provisional IRA as a foreign principal in the US courts.

https://www.csmonitor.com/1985/0114/anor1.html

The world of SF is different rules to any other political party and it can be a bit of a cesspit, which they struggle to remove themselves from. You only have have to look a former SF MEP Anderson's recent tweet on pensions for victims of the troubles. Bitterness and myopic thinking

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0826/1161323-victims-tweet-troubles/

"All victims should qualify for the pension. It reflects the Brit Gov policy & only its narrative of the conflict.

"It's given legal protection to Brit armed forces who killed or injured or tortured Irish citizens during the conflict.

"NO to Discrimination Criminalisation Exclusion."

Not only that Martina Anderson had to be TOLD to apologise by O'Neill.

Again, you only have to scratch the surface and all the SF shít comes flooding out. Leaders in SF are clever enough to used couched language, but the subordinates give the truer reflection of the make up/mindset of the party. Again, it comes back to lack of human decency.

Edit: Previous thread link added to provide continuity (no pun intended)

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Superfoods

I see the best Mary Lou could come out with on the Hogan debacle was talking about the tent at the Galway races. F**k me that was what 15 years ago and thats the best she could come up? change the record Mary Lou. If you want to start going back that far it will only end up in tears

So much for the party of "change"

Superfoods wrote: »
    I see the best Mary Lou could come out with on the Hogan debacle was talking about the tent at the Galway races. F**k me that was what 15 years ago and thats the best she could come up? change the record Mary Lou. If you want to start going back that far it will only end up in tears

So much for the party of "change"

Bookmarked this post.

I didn't know fifteen years was the limit to discuss past transgressions.

Interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

Sinn Fein ain't wondrous, they're stigmatised. The vast majority won't vote for them.

Superfoods wrote: »
    Who is firing out insults? The core Sinn Fein vote is the lads and ladies on the social. Your usual suspect thinks wearing a Celtic jersey somehow shows they are a republican. Of course dressing up is taking out the fake Utd jersey which they bought down clogher markets for a tenner.

I like how you selectively cut the part of my post where I mention your fifteen year limit on what anyone can discuss (on a thread about Sinn Fein where everything from the famine to this week's MLAs antics in Brussels gets discussed) only to come back, hide behind naivety asking "what insult" yet carry-on in the same vein.

I have been looking over your contributions to this and the other thread and it's all pretty much the same stuff tbh

You don't seem to be interested in genuine debate - just trying to grind some gears, but unfortunately for you I've seen much more seasoned and experienced posters than you fail at what you're trying to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

McMurphy wrote: »

Didn't get party break those exact same health guidelines?

I need more to go on here? Who broke the same guideline's as Phil Hogan?

McMurphy wrote: »
    I like how you selectively cut the part of my post where I mention your fifteen year limit on what anyone can discuss (on a thread about Sinn Fein where everything from the famine to this week's MLAs antics in Brussels gets discussed) only to come back, hide behind naivety asking "what insult" yet carry-on in the same vein.

I have been looking over your contributions to this and the other thread and it's all pretty much the same stuff tbh

You don't seem to be interested in genuine debate - just trying to grind some gears, but unfortunately for you I've seen much more seasoned and experienced posters than you fail at what you're trying to do.

Another lad with an issue reading. Check my post I didn't cut anything.

So you spent the morning reading my posts, another busy day for you?

Tell me in all honesty, why would Sinn Fein or any political party want to align themselves with the Sinn Fein supporters on this forum? you lot seem to have issues with basic reading and comprehension. You support paedofile's and think murder is ok. According to some on here the troubles was nothing at all and really the PIRA was like having a community police officer.

Explain to me.

Seemingly not.

We seem to have one set of regulation for everyone. Then we have a set of regulation for Sinn Fein. Totally different things.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Wrong.

I absolutely and unequivocally condemned what he had done and welcomed the fact that he was in jail.

There was a long running debate about whether he was a paedophile or not. There is a legal and medical difference.

Not getting back into that rabbit hole...the redtop crew don't like their sensationalist terms taken off them. They are firing it at me all evening because I said a man had a right to defend himself in court. :)

There’s no legal status at all - something you invented to keep defending a paedophile purely because he was linked to SF.

Are we going to add paedophilia to the list of things that Francie tries to portray himself as an expert in (all because he could find one single obscure reference online that he thinks agrees with him - and ignores the preponderance of evidence that proves him wrong)

Either way - it’s good of you to remind everyone of exactly where your priorities lie in what sort of people you choose to defend

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

McMurphy and Superfoods - stop bickering or stop posting in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Christ the Anti SF crowd are really gone into overdrive the last few days. You lads sound like trump supporters rattling on about conspiracy theories non stop about pizza gate, Benghazi and roaring Hillary every two seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

This thread hasn't gone away you know etc.

Does anyone know where this joke originated from?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Three More Big Sleeps

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where this joke originated from?

Adams...

In the early years of the peace process, Gerry Adams once quipped: "They (the IRA) haven't gone away, you know."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-50081396

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Admin - I just deleted two solid pages of shítposting. I'm not going to have my time wasted like this again - if it reoccurs, I'm closing the thread permanently because posters are seemingly incapable of discussing Sinn Féin without resorting to idiocy.

@SafeSurfer, @FrancieBrady - both of you are doing nothing except taking cheap potshots at each other. Take 1 week away from the thread. Consider this the last step before a permanent threadban.

@Edgware @McMurphy - you're treading dangerously close to joining them.

<edit> as an addendum to the above, any further ad hominem attacks or equating posters points of view to being paedophile sympathizers/supporters will be met with a permanent threadban.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,169 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

There is an awful low of murkiness around the Sinn Fein finances. It is bound to get more attention in the coming years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭PatrickSmithUS

The last thread was closed on page 666 :O

blanch152 wrote: »
    There is an awful low of murkiness around the Sinn Fein finances. It is bound to get more attention in the coming years.

there isnt. their books are available for scrutiny as far as I am aware, so thats not really 'an awful low of murkiness around the Sinn Fein finances'

The main point to take is that the one party that has been deemed economically stupid has managed to become a richer party than the rest.

Again, it exposes more of the lies being fed to people like yourself.

Obviously if they can manage their own finances better than other parties, then they aren't economically illiterate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

maccored wrote: »
    there isnt. their books are available for scrutiny as far as I am aware, so thats not really 'an awful low of murkiness around the Sinn Fein finances'

The main point to take is that the one party that has been deemed economically stupid has managed to become a richer party than the rest.

Again, it exposes more of the lies being fed to people like yourself.

Obviously if they can manage their own finances better than other parties, then they aren't economically illiterate.
    Simpleton theory.

It's not how they manage it, it's where they get it in the first place

Edgware wrote: »
    Simpleton theory.

It's not how they manage it, it's where they get it in the first place

That is the point being lost here.

How can a party which takes pride in avoiding big business be such a big business itself, and how did it get there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

blanch152 wrote: »

Think you are quite wrong. To facilitate the "peace process" wagon loads of criminality both historical and ongoing has been overlooked and ignored. Any time any effort was made by the PSNI or the Guards to investigate or prosecute any "good Republican" it resulted in howls of rage accompanied by dark hints that it would "threaten the peace process" (ie we might have to kill a couple more or organise a riot).

The wealth amassed over the years will be viewed as "old news" and any effort to investigate the source will result in the usual Sinn Fein allegations of a Free State conspiracy against them (because they are now used to the idea that normal laws do not apply to them). The only real hope was that Revenue might investigate but I expect they have been told not to touch it and to concentrate on painters doing nixers and unconnected shopkeepers taking a bit of cash

Truthvader wrote: »
    Think you are quite wrong. To facilitate the "peace process" wagon loads of criminality both historical and ongoing has been overlooked and ignored. Any time any effort was made by the PSNI or the Guards to investigate or prosecute any "good Republican" it resulted in howls of rage accompanied by dark hints that it would "threaten the peace process" (ie we might have to kill a couple more or organise a riot).

The wealth amassed over the years will be viewed as "old news" and any effort to investigate the source will result in the usual Sinn Fein allegations of a Free State conspiracy against them (because they are now used to the idea that normal laws do not apply to them). The only real hope was that Revenue might investigate but I expect they have been told not to touch it and to concentrate on painters doing nixers and unconnected shopkeepers taking a bit of cash

Sadly for democracy you may be right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,940 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

The problem with SF is that the mask slips much too often. It is hard to change that culture from within.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement