Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absolute beginner lessons for surfing

• 07-08-2020 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

We are going across to Clare\Limerick for the weekend from Kildare and I was wondering about booking a surf lesson for me and the two kids in Doolin. Is this worth it? I know it'll probably be good fun but what could realistically get out of a 2 hour lesson having never done surfing before - probably not much. Also its not like we'll be going surfing regularly

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SnowyMay

Hey

In a two hour session, you can actually learn enough to stand up on the board and ride a wave!

Depends on the person (and water conditions) obviously, but you’ll learn the basics and have fun.

Children pick up surfing really quickly. They have no fear, and are probably better at balancing than adults - in learning how to surf anyway. :)

And, you never know, you might pick up the bug (surfing bug that is), or pass it on to your kids. It’s an amazing sport!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Hope you plan to stay at home

Advertisement