Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wedding Venue Ideas

• 18-07-2020 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi,

Looking to get married in 2023 and need ideas for a venue that meets our needs. Our criteria is, about 150 guests, accommodation for the majority of those to stay for a second day, not too modern but also not dated, within Leinster, nice grounds for photos.

Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

I'd highly recommend Summerhill House Hotel in Enniskerry.
    A country house feel, with the accomodation availability of a hotel.
    We had booked with them but unfortunately had to cancel due to Covid-19. We'll definitely be rebooking when it's all over.
    Great packages and amazing to deal with. They really couldn't be nicer or more accommodating.

Edit to add: they have beautiful grounds but are also directly opposite Powers court waterfall if you wanted pics there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 nivag2514

Shelli2 wrote: »
    I'd highly recommend Summerhill House Hotel in Enniskerry.
    A country house feel, with the accomodation availability of a hotel.
    We had booked with them but unfortunately had to cancel due to Covid-19. We'll definitely be rebooking when it's all over.
    Great packages and amazing to deal with. They really couldn't be nicer or more accommodating.

Edit to add: they have beautiful grounds but are also directly opposite Powers court waterfall if you wanted pics there too.

This is exactly the type of thing I'm looking for, thanks. I will be viewing it

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭customrifle

Ballymagarvey village might suit

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Tinakilly Country House Hotel in Wicklow might suit as well. It’s a country house with a huge permanent marquee outside. It’s on the water so when you’re outside the marquee, you can see the water (and, from experience, looks amazing when you’re still up to see the sun rising over it!).

The house itself is older and gorgeous, with plenty of rooms. We attended a wedding there, and honestly I’d probably pick it myself if I was getting married again.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Clonabreeny house is definitely one to look at. I'm not sure accommodation wise if it has enough but no matter where you go there will always be people who either want to travel back home after or stay in BnB so don't let that put you off anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Moyvalley in Kildare :) We got married there and couldn't fault it! Great venue and staff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

As a guest at many weddings, I thought one of the nicest was Tulfarris on Blessington Lakes. Was great.

Then again it was a relatively short journey to there and back for us. That's a bonus but hey I'm only speaking as a guest, check out as many as possible that fit your criteria, and best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

We got married in Avon Ri in Blessington, now called The Avon. Accommodation for guests is in 3 bed houses so it can work out very inexpensive for them. They have a marquee beside the lake and also indoor dining options, ceremony can be held overlooking the lake too. Very handy from Dublin and lovely relaxed feel to everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,193 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Ballymagarvey village might suit

Went to a wedding here. While lovely and very well laid out, the bar is separate to the wedding hall where the band is, so you'd end up with guests split between two rooms.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭lozenges

Faith wrote: »
    Tinakilly Country House Hotel in Wicklow might suit as well. It’s a country house with a huge permanent marquee outside. It’s on the water so when you’re outside the marquee, you can see the water (and, from experience, looks amazing when you’re still up to see the sun rising over it!).

The house itself is older and gorgeous, with plenty of rooms. We attended a wedding there, and honestly I’d probably pick it myself if I was getting married again.

Was at Tinakilly for a wedding not too long ago, thought it was fantastic. Would recommend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 elle.en

We got married in Lyrath Estate in Kilkenny - gorgeous mix of both country house and modern hotel. The hotel has gorgeous grounds also (it was lashing rain on our day and I was gutted we didn’t get to use its full potential for photos!), and there are plenty of rooms for guests to stay, as well as numerous other options in Kilkenny itself

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭niceoneted

We are getting married at Tulfarris. The views are amazing, they have been really great throughout the pandemic too. It has a lovely manor house that you can incorporate into your day and a fab courtyard too. The function room is in a separate building to the hotel which we liked and if you have any golfers golf club there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sineadmur

Trying to choose a venue myself for summer 2022!! Hearing lots of good reviews from Tinakilly? Anyone any experience dealing with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tomasgray86

did you have the dinner in the main hotel or in Ballyna house? I am trying to find out how people found the house for the whole wedding

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

If you're asking about Balyna House in Moyvalley, we had our drinks reception and meal in the house. Our number was just over 80 so it was the perfect size! Would highly recommend it 🙂

Advertisement