Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Football Manager 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Or is he in the under 21s/18s?

Might be talking simple solution here since it could be a simple problem

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Or is he in the under 21s/18s?

Might be talking simple solution here since it could be a simple problem

true had asumed he had looked there

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Have looked at all the squads,signed him as a free agent he isnt there, when the international duty message popped up he was one of the players going on international duty, have the same problem with another player in the squad

This is the problem Im having

https://community.sigames.com/topic/510481-invisible-squad-players/

Have looked at all the squads,signed him as a free agent he isnt there, when the international duty message popped up he was one of the players going on international duty, have the same problem with another player in the squad

This is the problem Im having

https://community.sigames.com/topic/510481-invisible-squad-players/

sell him or release him or start a new game as there a fix to stop it
    by the posts there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

This takes on a whole new meaning

4a5425cfac65f6d291590772a2b404f6.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Started my usual non league save as Gateshead in Vanarama North, predicted to finish 24th.
    Won league by 4 points and FA trophy

Applied for Blackburn Rovers job thinking no way I'm getting this as they were in Championship and lost in playoff final, but got offered interview then job.

So I've jumped 3 leagues after 1 season as a non league manager

4th in league now after 10 games, have Curtis Jones and Rhian Brewster on loan from Liverpool, both wonder kids

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

best of luck with Rovers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Has anyone played the touch version or previous touch versions

• Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

So....I have been indulging in CM 01/02 since lockdown began pretty much, and feel I have perhaps one more season left in me with WBA (three league titles in a row and chasing the CL this season :D). Avoided getting this when it was available for free on Steam, but thinking of making the plunge shortly. Is it worth spending €54.99 on?

So....I have been indulging in CM 01/02 since lockdown began pretty much, and feel I have perhaps one more season left in me with WBA (three league titles in a row and chasing the CL this season :D). Avoided getting this when it was available for free on Steam, but thinking of making the plunge shortly. Is it worth spending €54.99 on?

It's not worth spending €54.99 on through the Steam store, but for less than €20 through CD Keys it's worth it. The code comes instantly there's no reason to buy it for more through Steam.

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/football-manager-2020-pc-steam-cd-key

• Advertisement

It's not worth spending €54.99 on through the Steam store, but for less than €20 through CD Keys it's worth it. The code comes instantly there's no reason to buy it for more through Steam.

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/football-manager-2020-pc-steam-cd-key

Thanks.

I've done just that.

Bye bye social life :D

Thanks.

I've done just that.

Bye bye social life :D

No problem, spend an hour downloading and installing facepacks and logopacks and you'll be even more sucked into your own world, at a minimum download the leagues and nations fixed that you'll see on the likes of fmscout since they need to be done before starting a save

No problem, spend an hour downloading and installing facepacks and logopacks and you'll be even more sucked into your own world, at a minimum download the leagues and nations fixed that you'll see on the likes of fmscout since they need to be done before starting a save

Are there any essential patches or anything like that that I should download before getting started? Will use FMscout for the tips and advice etc.

Are there any essential patches or anything like that that I should download before getting started? Will use FMscout for the tips and advice etc.

Just the main ones under add ons on fmscout will see ya good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Started a save as Shamrock Rovers. Tactic I'm using is a 4-5-1 gegenpress attacking with no offside trap and custom full-backs (Some tips I got from BustTheNet on twitch).
    Won the league in the first season, second season got through to the first knockout round of the Europa League and lost by one goal to Galatasaray after beating them at home. had some unbelievable wins in the group stage a 5-0 and 6-0. it seems playing high tempo attacking football against a better opposition can actually work.
    In my third season now and not really enjoying it, the fixture congestion is a pain in the backside but it's true to real life in the LOI. Also my scouts aren't really finding any good young players for me.
    I'm looking to try and move to a club with more room to improve, I've applied to Watford who are in the Championship and it seems I might have a chance just waiting on an interview now.
    Overall I am enjoying the game just the scouting system is a bit annoying when you are a small club.

Update:Didn't even get an interview with Watford, after applying for a few more jobs I've ended up at Royal Antwerp. It's a good challenge they;ve not won the league since the 50s and Belgium have great youth prospects so it's a good place to try and develop hone grown talent which I enjoy.
    Finished my first full season in 5th and got manager of year which was a bit of a surprise. I was up around the top 3 until the end of the season where the table splits and the championship group was a struggle.
    I've bought mostly young players and so far some have worked out and some haven;t yet. The tatic I used at Rovers isn't as successful at Antwerp but I'm not giving up on it, I think that the players need more time to gel.
    Some weird thing that happened was that I loaned a player with the option to buy but the game never gave me the option to buy and he went back to his club with his value having risen 4 fold....a real pain in the back side that was.

Update: Finished 2nd in the league after a good championship group run in. Looked at my team and seen that my defence wasn't as good as the other top teams so my plan was to strengthen my backline. I was given 20 Mil to spend on transfers so I finally got the right winger I've had on loan twice for 3.3M and then bought a cracker of a Striker from Brazil that Arsenal were looking at, looks like a proper superstar but it blew the rest of my transfer budget so my hopes are all on him for the league and champions league. Hopefully my weak defence can cope for another season :)

Update: Started the season terribly , was mostly all draws really struggled but from January onwards only lost two games and ended up winning the league, Royal Antwerp's first since 1957. The Brazil regen wonderkid striker was the star of the team so it was almost inevitable that someone would come in for him and they did, my board accepted a bid of 77M from Liverpool.

I was sad to see him go but we needed the money, I bought another wonderkid from Brazil but he is only 17 and not at the same level yet. So far this season has been ok only about 8-9 games gone and we are battling for top spot, I think it will be a struggle to win the league as our back four still aren't the best. We got demolished in our first two champions league group games so don't fancy our chances of progressing in that.

Not sure if I'll hang around at Antwerp or try and find a bigger club. I've enjoyed managing in Belgium as I haven't managed their in a long time. I might try another country , maybe France or Spain.. look for another club that haven't won the league in a long time. If anyone has any recommendations let me know.

Update: So my 17 year old wonderkid didn't light up the league like I hoped he would, so in the January transfer window I picked up a slightly older Argentinian wonderkid striker who was much more consistent.
    But even with that it wasn't an easy season and we ended up just winning the league on goal difference, in our last game that we needed to win the 17 year old wonderkid scored a screamer in the 88th minute.
    In the 4th season (I think) now, strengthen the defence with a Belgium CB from Ajax who is very good and also bought an excellent young Brazilain MC who Arsenal wanted... they always seem to want the same players as me but never bid for them.
    Goal this season is to win the league for the 3rd time and improve on our Champions League campaign which so far has been very poor.
    Still undecided how long I'll stay in Belgium, I think it depends on how this season goes... I am still keeping an eye on the job vacancies.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭505_

Anyone find 2020 much harder? Or I'm just awful. Hadn't played in years then played 2019 had two saves on that where I was very successful. Just got 2020 and driving me mad this weekend. Started two careers. One with Sunderland and one with Bayer Leverkusan. Sacked in both just after Christmas. Couldn't get any consistency in either. No matter what I tried, conceeding too many and barely scoring. Generally had two tactics 4-3-1-2 Geigen press and counter 4-1-4-1. Sunderland save I was completely arrogant didn't assess the squad or anything just got Connolly and Parrott on loan thinking I'd walk the league when I didn't have any creative midfielder so I know what went wrong there. Leverkusan no money to sign anyone but the squad is very strong and I was still complete rubbish :(

• Advertisement

you generally need a few different tactics at the start and change now it up bit by bit and they have to suit your team in some way, later in the game you can setlle on one with a tactic more but not for a log time

if your sacked if you get the right job after it helps

If anything im finding 2020 easier tactially compared to previous versions. I am using 4-5-1 with advanced wingers. i am using gegenpress with attacking higher pressing. I have wingback set to auto and have customised their instructions depending on their abilities. Also and I think this is the big one, I have use offside trap turned off. If you have this turned on you seem to get done by balls over the top too much.

I'd recommend you watch Bust the nets videos on youtube or even better watch him and twitch and you can send him your static and he will let you know what he thinks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

I have found 4-3-2-1 very useful. I create my own tactics from scratch however.

splashuum wrote: »
    I have found 4-3-2-1 very useful. I create my own tactics from scratch however.

Same but some tips I've gotten have been invaluable, like settings wingback to automatic and customising their instructions and also turning off the offside trap.
    I find an attacking mentality can work well against better teams whereas in other versions I often tried counter-attacking football and it rarely worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭barryribs

I really struggled tactically in the beginning when going from 19 to 20 but bhat I've found with the tactics is that you really need to adjust them to the team you have. So working the ball into the box if you have a striker that's good in the air won't do you much good.

I have two primary tactics, both using 4231, one set up with high tempo, pressing, work the ball into the box, and I use it in games that I think I should win. I then use the same formation, only with much slower tempo, time wasting on games where I think I'm going to get a hiding.

I adjust my tactics based on the players I have, so at the moment I have two defensive full backs, so my instruction is to underlap my midfielders, whereas if they were better as attacking full backs, I'd have the instructions set to overlap. I've noticed that its considerably more difficult to score with defensive full backs

I let my assistant look after opposition instructions, unless they are playing with wing backs, where I will just show them onto weaker foot & tackle harder.

I don't have anything to back these tactics up except for the fact that I got to a champions league semi final, won the league cup, FA cup and Europa league with Wimbledon. Moved on since to Bradford and have re-established them as a championship team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Hey guys...

I am looking for some feedback from folks in relation to a game world in FM...

Looking at a lot if Irish Junior Sides in the game, there is missing info...

Stadium, Colours(a lot of side are just blue & White), Wrong Place names if any, No info re foundation of clubs.etc

So i have started to fill this information in...

I have so far done the
    Kerry District League
    Clare District League
    Limerick Desmond League

I have added those leagues into the game for the illustration purpose really...

To get feedback on the accuracy of the jerseys, stadium, history etc

Here is the link
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2169230912

The long term plan is to have all the junor sides & leagues done, and then move onto the intermediate leagues

520255.png

520256.png

520257.png

520258.png

520254.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,786 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I've played Football manager all the way back from it's inception.

This year is the first time in a long long time that i have invested serious time in the game - i gave up years ago due to the detail level (don't get me wrong i'd have loved that when i was a young lad starting out at it). Basically i delegate everything.

I put the time at the start into finding good staff and delegating everything.
    My career has been Man Utd->West Ham->Arsenal->France -> Man Utd -> Salford.

In my game I am now in 2038, I am at Salford where i have won everything there is to win. I am not here to tell you that though, you might not believe Salford could reach the top and win it all? I am only here to show you who won the 2038 World Cup. I attended the game once i noticed they had made the final.

I present you with the following:

520606.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

"Alexa show me the most FM result that has been FM'd"

• Registered Users Posts: 37,751 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Jose must be a fan of FM20

Icon can be seen on his laptop, bit mad that even real football mangers even use the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Doogs27

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Jose must be a fan of FM20

Icon can be seen on his laptop, bit mad that even real football mangers even use the game

Caught that too!! Yeah, from that good documentary years back Ole supposedly is a fan too.

I’d say it’s a great resource to supplement their knowledge on the team or players they’re facing.

Advertisement