Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Finding a mentor/supervisor

• 06-06-2019 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭

I have a general question about finding a mentor/supervisor to offer guidance in the process of writing an academic paper. I have the paper written - on the problem of time in Quantum Gravity. It's effectively a philosophical approach, whic is why I'm posting here as well. I think I've gone as far as I can on my own, which is where some guidance would be invaluable.

I know the structure and formatting probably need a lot of work. The paper is relatively well referenced, I would say, although there is probably a need for additional citations in places - some well known ideas I didn't reference - and the formatting of the citations themselves probably need some work. Some feedback/critique on the ideas would also be invaluable.

Unfortunately, enrolling in an educational program isn't a viable option a the moment. So, would anyone have any advice on how to proceed in this context?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Visit a philosophy department of a local university and discuss with the department secretary if there may be a lecturer or professor that may be interested in discussing your paper.

Advertisement