Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Movie Pictures

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭dasdog

14xfna1.jpg

Young Frankenstein

• Registered Users Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Old Frankenstein
    79_cops_7.jpg

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭RichT

Speaking of Planes, Trains and Automobiles...........

pillows.jpg

“Those Aren’t Pillows!” :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

From my most favourite film of all time - Tarkovskys Stalker, 1979...

c3e6493333df93f11291461b6cf809d8--film-school-scene.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

One of my favourite French films 'Jean de Florette'.

yves-montand-and-daniel-auteuil-jean-de-florette.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Before Peter Jackson went almost 100% green screen for his Hobbit films remember how he stunned everyone with the beauty of New Zealand. The Edoras outdoor set was amazing. Built on Maori land, as part of the agreement, it had to be removed and the land left as if untouched after filming. You could fill this thread with beautiful New Zealand scenery but I just loved the introduction of Edoras.

ttttr40-cb179062.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The Hobbit movies really are an abomination compared to those.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I've heard that Tolkein based a lot of scenery of the Rings on Ireland, especially the Burren.

Speaking of the Burren, here's a pic of the dread pirate Wesley climbing the Cliffs of Insanity

Westley_on_cliff.png

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Rain Man
    380640.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Another example of Christopher Nolan's amazing cinematography choices. From the Dark Knight. For all the amazing Imax footage and full scale practical effects (The amazing truck flip later) the introduction of The Joker at the very start of The Dark Knight told you everything you needed to know: This was not the dapper crime lord at the top of the chain in an expensive tailored suit. This was as far removed from Nicholson and Romero's Jokers as you could get: The hunched shoulders, the greasy hair and disheveled suit. The mask held carelessly in his hand. The very fact that he's on the street waiting to be picked up. You can see that this guy is not there to make as much money as possible. This guy is there purely for the addictive chaos element of the heist.
    Sure, this is expressed more blatantly later on (Especially in his scene in the hospital with Harvey Dent) but you can gather that from this single intro shot without a word of dialogue or even seeing his face. Amazing intro.

character_the_joker_-tiff-scaled1000.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

b005a29e23844cc3f8a4d9a3d89512a5.jpg
    Hudsons last stand

maxresdefault.jpg
    You gotta be....

6865_3.jpg
    Not that Nick Cage shoit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭dball

maxresdefault.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,163 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Death Race

Not as good as the original with David Carradine but this scene... Wow!

Release the Dreadnought!

This is by far the most iconic 'bad guy' vehicle as far as I'm concerned, it's amazingly done

4136323-4342984019-i1833.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Uncle Buck

93a9c90a06fb68242ea320abbe5775f2-495x330.jpg?w=1200&h=1&fit=max&auto=format%2Ccompress

• Registered Users Posts: 14,736 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Kubrick's Barry Lyndon was on TV over Xmas - one of the most beautifully shot films ever (much of it filmed in Ireland). Each scene is like a classic painting, with Kubrick often starting scenes in close up before gradually zooming out to reveal the full picture. Many of the indoor scenes were shot using candlelight on special low-light lenses developed by NASA.

barry-lyndon-12acy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

North By North West - Bus Stop Scene

vlcsnap-2010-08-22-20h22m00s150.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

American Psycho:
    0fcf82eaa66e123cfdcfc9a2c506d1222009380019.jpg

War of the Worlds:
    war_of_the_worlds.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭dball

image-w1280.jpg?1481134213
    duel.1971.1080p.bluray.x264.yify___57352bc148d21.mp4.jpg
    Duel1.jpg
    Drycleaner.JPG
    MV5BZDRkZmExN2QtYTI2OS00ZmY4LWFmYjUtOGY4MDYzOTdmYTE3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzc5NjM0NA@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,1333,1000_AL_.jpg

the cinematography and close ups of the character (& truck) along with the soundtrack made this movie what it was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

12 Angry Men

28aa5c9f9074243ec9068dc51ba6ebe9.jpg

Unforgiven

Unforgiven-blog-620x282.jpeg

I only watched this in full for the first time a year or two ago. It's long, and slow, but it's all worth it for this scene... epic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

once-upon-a-time-in-america-review.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

O-Brother-Where-Art-Thou-George-Clooney-surprised.jpg?x52603

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I'm (rather cruelly) dedicating this to New Home and woodchuck.
    21cazpe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Major Lovechild

23w7fi9.jpg

Wo ist die Gemütlichkeit?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

:eek: Mod note: The Princess Bride banned in perpetuity for mental cruelty!

(You big meanie!!!)
    Ok, ok, you're not really banned.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,163 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

New Home wrote: »
    Ok, ok, you're not really banned.

I guess it is safe, after all :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Watch it, Ten of Swords, or you'll be next in that dentist's chair!

Rocky Horror Picture Show

Criminologist.jpg

I found the end of Runway Train to be powerful stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGS3yGRiPAc

runaway-train-the-greatest-ending-ever_dvd.original.jpg?itok=S1BJnIJs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The-Great-Escape-LB-3.jpg

Advertisement