Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Independent Band Opportunities / News

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭weldon

Hey,

This is just starting up in Coolock in Dublin for anyone interested.

Their contact email is sheaflivesessions@gmail.com

There's loads of info here if you befriend them:

http://www.facebook.com/sheaflivesessions

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

NOW ACCEPTING BANDS TO COMPETE IN BATTLE OF THE BANDS SHERCOCK. THE WINNING BAND PLAYS A ONCE N A LIFETIME GIG AT GLASTONBURY 2011!!
    battleofthebands6nov.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tinydancer10

Its a prize money cant buy....get to play Glstonbury next year!!
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Battle-of-the-Bands-Shercock/154397761264283

Check out last years winners Shouting at planes, seem to be doing well on the back of it....playing support for Imelda May recently. Good Luck all those who enter.

Copied this from my good friends at Knockanstockan:
    Calling all musicians, calling all musicians.... Submissions are now OPEN!!!!!
    So spread the word as KS'11 gets under way. All musicians please send 3x images, a short biography, and 3 tracks(or links to tracks) to knockanstockan@gmail.com,
    Peace, Love & Music! :)

I played the first and it was amazing to play then...

But talking to the bands that played last year, it's unreal now!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

The valley Lodge Carrickmacross Co Monaghan is currently looking for bands to take part in its Music Melee! battle of the bands contest. it is open to original artists of any musical genre.

252924_111136662309255_110433332379588_114531_7515451_n.jpg

facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MusicMeleeCmX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭son.of.jimi

Well folks,

I'm running a regular open mic night in Kilcullen, Kildare for bands/acts who are looking for somewhere new to play. The Spout itself has a great reputation for Great Music and countless top acts have performed there.

On the night acts will get 30-45 mins to show their talent smile.gif

PA and backline will be supplied on the night and there will be a sound engineer.

There is no CC and there will be drinks promotions on the night!

Live recordings of your performances can be made on the night for a small fee.

If you are interested in playing then drop me a PM or if you know someone who might be interested then drop me a PM and i can pass my number on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭inisboffin

A great session / opportunity at The Crane Bar, in Galway is Mná Mná

I've seen friends play there and it's always been a great night. It's intended to promote women in music, and the criteria is that the main/front performer is a woman, the rest of the band can be any gender or a solo show.

Mostly originals required, but the odd cover is ok or for a half set.

It's a fiver in and the acts get a split of the door. It's curated, and there is a waiting list, but they are open to, and have had, people perform from all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 benestoria2

is there nothing going on this year? come on lets keep this thread going

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭bluevoice

Mná Mná is still going - every third Thursday, in The Crane in Galway. As stated above, it's a showcase for women in music. Please Post if interested!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 benestoria2

bluevoice wrote: »
    Mná Mná is still going - every third Thursday, in The Crane in Galway. As stated above, it's a showcase for women in music. Please Post if interested!

Thanks!

Any opportunities in the crane for musicians that have a penis?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭bluevoice

bluevoice wrote: »

Thanks!

Any opportunities in the crane for musicians that have a penis?

I don't run The Crane - I just run the Women in Music night. They do have many original artists at The Crane - mainly folk and trad. You should contact them directly, Mick is the one to talk to. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Sunny86

I am launching a new service soon for bands playing shows in London
    to help connect Irish acts with fans of the Irish music scene in the city.
    Its an events listings page and will keep fans up to date of who is playing
    where and also keep them up to date on news from back here.

The launch 1st show is in Proud Camden on the 18th of feb with Dublins
    Sounds of system breakdown kicking off the initiative.

I am also on hand for help or advice on bands trying to get shows in UK
    but beware, UK scene is very tough with extremely well produced polished
    acts so i'll be blunt with my opinions, if your interested just join the facebook page below and feel free to contact me.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/I-GiGs-London-/344002095612040
    http://www.facebook.com/SOSBmusic

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Patrick Wall

Hi, my name is Patrick Wall and am a blues/oldtime country singer, I am interested in any opportunities with regard to playing in blues sessions, gigs or forming a band that can play the songs of Moon Mullican, Jerry Lee Lewis, Bill Monroe, Jimmie Rodgers, Hank Williams and similar. Any help is much appreciated. Below are my music sites:

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/patrickwall2
    http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/patrickwall
    http://www.facebook.com/PatrickWallBluesSinger
    http://www.amazon.com/Ill-Sail-My-Ship-Alone/dp/B004K2MPIO/ref=sr_shvl_album_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327651302&sr=301-1
    http://www.amazon.com/Ill-Sail-My-Ship-Alone/dp/B00721L8WY/ref=sr_shvl_album_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1327696694&sr=301-2
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/ill-sail-my-ship-alone-single/id415760510
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/ill-sail-my-ship-alone/id496191847

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭The Stoles

Hi, we are an up and coming alternative rock act called THE STOLES, we are due to releasse our first ep next month and start promoting it around the country and possibly ovearseas from may onwards, we'd much appriciate any help and suggestions.

Check out our official page www.thestoles.com for more info and contact details.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Clairesk

Hi,
    My name is Claire and I run a music and culture blog.
    At the moment I'm running a competition, primarily aimed at bands that are just starting out or those that are about to embark on a new tour and are short on funds for promo.

The winner of the competition will win a free professional photoshoot with Bettystown Based photographer and stylist, Style Shot Sessions. This could be a great way to kickstart some promo. Click here for more info

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Not sure if I can "bump" this, any more opportunities?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kielys of Mount Merrion

Hi

We are looking for bands to fill a new regular Friday night showcase slot in Kielys of Mount Merrion. The format at the moment is a small entry charge shared pro-rata between the bands on the night. We also welcome solo artists and singer/songwriters.

Kielys has a long history as a venue. Previously known as the Stella Ballroom and the Sportsmans Inn, the list of people who have played here include U2, Elton John, Jeff Lynne, Van Morrison, Wilko Johnson, Phil Lynott, George Melley, Kenny Ball, Rory Gallagher, Phil Chevron, Paul Brady, Christy Moore, Moving Hearts and just about anyone who was anyone in Irish Music.

Applications and enquiries can be sent through Facebook or by replying here. Please help us to build Fridays into a thriving club for aspiring bands and musicians.

[Note to mods: I am aware of Boards' rules on company advertising. I hope this post is not in breach of them. If you wish to make it a separate thread, by all means do so. Thanks.]

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Hi

We are looking for bands to fill a new regular Friday night showcase slot in Kielys of Mount Merrion. The format at the moment is a small entry charge shared pro-rata between the bands on the night. We also welcome solo artists and singer/songwriters.

Kielys has a long history as a venue. Previously known as the Stella Ballroom and the Sportsmans Inn, the list of people who have played here include U2, Elton John, Jeff Lynne, Van Morrison, Wilko Johnson, Phil Lynott, George Melley, Kenny Ball, Rory Gallagher, Phil Chevron, Paul Brady, Christy Moore, Moving Hearts and just about anyone who was anyone in Irish Music.

Applications and enquiries can be sent through Facebook or by replying here. Please help us to build Fridays into a thriving club for aspiring bands and musicians.

[Note to mods: I am aware of Boards' rules on company advertising. I hope this post is not in breach of them. If you wish to make it a separate thread, by all means do so. Thanks.]

Any interest in slightly heavier rock music? From your list, we'd be more along the U2/Rory Gallagher lines. We'd love to play Kiely's!

PM me or reply here and let me know what you think.

We're interested in all music. PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭NightBlind

Hi Kielys
    We'd be interested in gigging. PM Sent

Thanks

• Advertisement

And replied, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭NickMondo

Any other opportunities or comps?

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Sham Squire

Hey Kielys,
    PM Sent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 GSD

Le Cheile Arts & Music Festival in Oldcastle, Co Meath happens over the August bank Holiday weekend..... They always keep a few slots open for late applications in case of a "Wow - They're great, but where can we put them" situation...

There's a couple of acoustic slots left and maybe one or two full band slots ... 50ish acts in total... Headliners Ash, Hamsandwich, Damien Dempsey.... It's a decent festival and worthy of the trip.

lecheile[dot]com

Send applications to gigs[at]lecheile[dot]com

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭NightBlind

EP launch gig upstairs in Whelan's on Friday July 31st.
    We're looking for a band/solo artist interested in doing an opening slot from 8.30 to 9pm.
    Genre of bands is Rock but we're open to other styles. Anyone inyterested PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kasy

Deleted and banned for spam.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 guitarist14

For any bands, musicians, singer/songwriter, creators of melody in al forms. I am hosting a show on Open Tempo Fm, which broadcast every Saturday morning from 10am-12pm in Waterford and online. Looking to get in contact with any bands looking to get airplay for demo's, ep's, tracks, singles, anything you've got recorded. Please send them on in MP3 if you can please, with a little bio about yourself and any gig listing's to smurphy4721@gmail.com and I'll make sure to squeeze ye in somewhere. All genres accepted. Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Redlingerie

Its great. We did it last year and had a ball. Didnt win but that didnt bother us too much, were just glad to play it. The festival itself is brilliant also. I hadnt even heard of it until the competition caught my eye but its a small enough festival with a few big bands

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

What festival is that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Anybody know of any open mic nights on the northern side of Dublin?

Advertisement