Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minecraft dungeons

• 16-09-2020 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I downloaded Minecraft Dungeons recently. Im unsure if I bought it through Microsoft or the minecraft launcher. Either way I cannot get it to load. Still says I have to buy it. Its the first issue on the FAQ page but Im still confused. Any ideas

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

What platform are you trying to play on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Shiminay wrote: »
    What platform are you trying to play on?

The pc. Young lad asked me to download it and I never checked. It did ask me to a Microsoft log in. But it still asks to buy the game.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

They did some manner of account fkery when MS bought Mojang and it's possible you paid for it on your Mojang account rather than your MS one. I'd say you'll need to look at minecraft.net and see if it's on the account there, if not, check the Windows Store (assuming you're on a Win 10 machine?).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Shiminay wrote: »
    They did some manner of account fkery when MS bought Mojang and it's possible you paid for it on your Mojang account rather than your MS one. I'd say you'll need to look at minecraft.net and see if it's on the account there, if not, check the Windows Store (assuming you're on a Win 10 machine?).

Just checked my paypal and the sell is Mojang AB from minecraft.net. So ill try that web site again.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Kirijoleth

I bought it last night and had the same problem, after 20 minutes of frustration I figured out you have to go to the minecraft launcher and add a new account. There should be an option in relation to using a Microsoft account which will ask you to log in using your Microsoft email and password. Only thing is though; to play normal Minecraft you have to switch back to your mojang log in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement