Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Footwear for indoors

• 19-09-2020 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭

Spending lots of time working from home. Have a pair of slippers. I think natural wool lined. They make my feet a little sweaty/clammy when I wear them au natural, with socks less so, particularly fine cotton socks.

Wondering what people are wearing. Is there soemthing really comfy, cosy, thst dont make feet clammy? I don't have particularly sweaty feet at all, but house is cold, and looking at a fairly long winter. Would be interested to hear if people out there have nailed indoor footwear. I suppose I could always wear a pair of socks and comfortably shoes, but would prefer indoor only solution

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭Passenger

Slides are the way to go imho. Comfy and aerated. ASOS and the likes will sell them for decent prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Passenger wrote: »
    Slides are the way to go imho. Comfy and aerated. ASOS and the likes will sell them for decent prices.

Worn with socks, presumably?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭Passenger

Worn with socks, presumably?

That's up to the wearer. Depends on the weather imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Going to stick my head above the parapet and cast a vote in favour of crocs, picked up a pair for $5 years ago in the states and for walking around the house, by the pool or beach you can't beat their functionality. They are admittedly hideous to look at, but I've seen plenty of Irish blokes wander around in 3/4 length shorts and they are an absolute affront to fashion.

Any time I see a pair in amazon warehouse deals I pick up a pair. Don't knock em till you try em, take a look at the feet of anyone in surgical garb the next time you happen to be in a hospital and you'll see more crocs or similar on their feet then not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Go for a decent pair of driving moccasins. Make sure they are leather.

Another option is a pair of leather mule slippers such as these rohde ones.
    https://www.charlesclinkard.co.uk/men-c9/slippers-c14/mule-leather-slip-on-mens-slippers-p1755

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Reg'stoy wrote: »
    Going to stick my head above the parapet and cast a vote in favour of crocs, picked up a pair for $5 years ago in the states and for walking around the house, by the pool or beach you can't beat their functionality. They are admittedly hideous to look at, but I've seen plenty of Irish blokes wander around in 3/4 length shorts and they are an absolute affront to fashion.

Any time I see a pair in amazon warehouse deals I pick up a pair. Don't knock em till you try em, take a look at the feet of anyone in surgical garb the next time you happen to be in a hospital and you'll see more crocs or similar on their feet then not.

You are quite correct that they are hideous looking! The more expensive and refined Classic Birkenstock Clog is a far superior option.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Reg'stoy wrote: »

Haha that's because they're easy to clean. That said I've never worn them, are they comfortable?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Keep the thermostat at the right temp and you'll only ever need socks inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Have a pair of crocs. Agree they are hideous, might dig them out. Old House and I'm a bit tight, so the heating isn't on all the time and the temp of the house drops during the day. So may look at moccasins or similar. Thin socks plus footwear I think is the key.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I never wear anything on my feet indoors. Bare foot all the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

Canadian made "Sorel" brand mocassin type loafers. Very nice if they go up the ankle. I would try different pairs of socks to feel if there is a difference in clamminess. It helps to change socks during the day, too, much like working outdoors in very cold weather, the condensation will be a bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

s1ippy wrote: »
    Haha that's because they're easy to clean. That said I've never worn them, are they comfortable?

Really comfortable and last for ever, first pair must be a dozen years old at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Wore slides almost exclusively while at home for the first couple of months - to the point it felt weird putting on shoes. I wear boots in work, but might look at mocassins to wear at home in the evenings for the winter.

Advertisement