Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Not all he pulled out according to the news

I assume you mean for USADA piss test

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

On the topic of dicks getting attention, I read the Pauli Mallignaggi training fight is coming to Netflix in a 3 part documentary presumably by end of the year after production wrapped up in July. Some stories coming out from people who were there saying it went exactly as McGregor tells it has me believing they are reviving the story to create some hype before the Netflix release.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

There is a Netflix doc on the Pauli training.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Dana saying on espn tonight they are talks with conor for some "fun stuff" in early 21

• Advertisement

Let the man fight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭Still Ill

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Diego Sanchez? Haha.. Worse than the Cowboy fight. I'm almost certain he said he was ready to hop in as a replacement for the Tony Khabib fight.. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Still Ill wrote:
    Diego Sanchez? Haha.. Worse than the Cowboy fight. I'm almost certain he said he was ready to hop in as a replacement for the Tony Khabib fight.. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
    Do you think there's any chance that they don't want to give him a big name until the fans are back in?

Hmmm, wonder if he's trying to establish cause for a "free me to box w/out Zuffa-UFC" clause/release argument? ie showing intent to fight named fighters etc? Going full on Dana like that usually doesn't end terribly well or bode well for future relationship with UFC

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Hmmm, wonder if he's trying to establish cause for a "free me to box w/out Zuffa-UFC" clause/release argument? ie showing intent to fight named fighters etc? Going full on Dana like that usually doesn't end terribly well or bode well for future relationship with UFC

Maybe
    But Dana mentioned recently he'd announce something big for boxing soon and also something for conor too. Could be conor drumming up some publicity too. Either way, a manny fight would make huge dough even without fans in attendance. And maybe there could be fans in the middle east..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,002 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Cali_girl wrote: »

The exchange was from Feb. He wanted to fight sooner than July. But I think the events of Feb to July we’re pretty unforeseen

eagle eye wrote: »
    Do you think there's any chance that they don't want to give him a big name until the fans are back in?

Surely more McGregor fights are better for the UFC. Just because he fights once without fans doesn't exclude him from fighting again when the fans are allowed back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Circus act at this stage. Either do a fight or stop talking about it on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

"the aul switcharoo" made me laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Circus act at this stage. Either do a fight or stop talking about it on twitter.

From those messages it looks like he is trying his best to fight but the UFC are holding out on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Let him fight Pacquio for all I care. Atleast he's not a champion this time so he isn't holding up any divisions.

Can't see anyone really caring if he fights Manny. There was a lot of excitement around the Mayweather fight. Just can't see the appetite for another foray into boxing. Although there's a 99% chance he's just talking ****e on Twitter as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

eagle eye wrote: »

Hasn't Dana said that this is the case, or at least said it in a roundabout way...

I know Frank Warren has said Fury won't be fighting Joshua until crowds are left back in as they'd be leaving too much money on the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,562 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Manny licking his lips at the chance to make big bucks in a walk in the park circus fight...

And you can bet, he won’t take ten rds and look ridiculously awkward and sloppy, like Floyd did. If Manny is in a hurry, be over in 1 round.

walshb wrote: »
    Manny licking his lips at the chance to make big bucks in a walk in the park circus fight...

And you can bet, he won’t take ten rds and look ridiculously awkward and sloppy, like Floyd did. If Manny is in a hurry, be over in 1 round.

It's not gonna happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Still Ill wrote: »
    It's not gonna happen

Its gonna happen, it's just no ones gonna care.

dashoonage wrote: »

Dont kid yourself. The fight will be massive.

No one? You seem to care enough to post about it :rolleyes: Plenty of people care.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Imagine only ever having 2 professional boxing bouts in your career and they are against Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

It's silly saying nobody will care. I buy every ufc ppv, but i wouldn't pay for Manny vs McGregor. I'd still be interested in what happens. I'm not a big enough fan of boxing to pay for one fight. No way it does Mayweather numbers or anything though.
    Dana's pissed about him sharing the messages. I thought sharing Dana's answer to the Diego suggestion was classless. If he left that out, the rest was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,562 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Plenty will care...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

After a few weeks people will start believing he is the best boxer in the world again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭Esse85

After a few weeks people will start believing he is the best boxer in the world again.

The clowns that buy into the hype will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Can’t see that much appetite in this part of the world for the fight, surely less than 50% of the PPVs that the Mayweather one sold. McGregor’s trash talk won’t sell the fight to anything like the extent it did then.
    He’s making a fool of himself, why bother when you have ur money made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Dana looks like hes running out of patience with him.

Advertisement