Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

"....we've got Tracy and Roberta here to help you...."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

And speaking of Roberta...She speaks quite highly of the band and Axl in particular here. The stuff about the camera crew trying to film them in their dressing room is fairly eeewwwwww!

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/singer-roberta-freeman-interview-guns-n-roses-pink-floyd-1016795/

And speaking of Roberta...She speaks quite highly of the band and Axl in particular here. The stuff about the camera crew trying to film them in their dressing room is fairly eeewwwwww!

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/singer-roberta-freeman-interview-guns-n-roses-pink-floyd-1016795/

First 2 paragraphs of that are rolling stone going "TECHNICALLY we were not wrong - Melissa IS the first female member as she is a 'member-member'! we do know all about the others we swear - look we will prove it, we interviewed one of them" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

29 years ago today, Axl during Rocket Queen hurled himself into the crowd during their St. Louis show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭badabing106

No guns n roses news today

But this is so cool, buckethead like shredding!

• Advertisement

Well actually there is news, just not the news we're hoping for,

Slash spoke with Sweetwater for their Gearfest 2020. He's been busy recording.. Probably has the next SMKC album done as well.
    I've been jamming with Duff and I’ve been jamming with Axl, and I’ve been doing stuff like that. So we’ve been getting some work done that way. I haven’t been doing much else. I haven’t been doing any collaborations with the odd artist and whatnot. I’m basically just focusing on writing new music and recording demos and recording guitar stuff for Guns.

Said interview is below.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Gnr back together, slane was class. Marley park won't happen but I'm glad I had the opportunity to see them.

The Marlay Park gig will happen, we just don't know when.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    The Marlay Park gig will happen, we just don't know when.

So Marley park is like Chinese democracy prior to 2008 then in that it will happen we just don't know when.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So Marley park is like Chinese democracy prior to 2008 then in that it will happen we just don't know when.

That's one way to sum it up.

Also for anyone who's interested, their Greatest Hits album is being released on vinyl next later next month.

EepTG3dXYAUgaCr?format=jpg&name=medium

We will see about June 22nd next year. Anyway I see that Matt sorums manager Contacted a Spanish podcast in regards to his autobiography because the version that got released wasn't the final version(Aka the final version made me look like a ****ing gob****e) so I'll change it. Also I see axl and duff have trademarked their names. And Fernando the gob****e manager is again blaming us the fans for all the ills of the band.

GNR posted some more songs from the NITL tour and you know what they picked some good songs from some good shows. I’m not sure whether that’s be accident or design but they should get credit. It’s 2016 so axl sounds great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Some of the selections they've realised on YouTube have been fantastic recently.

Chinese democracy was released 12 years ago today. Also, the live era Album the spaghetti incident were released 21 and 27 years ago today respectfully. Seems the 23rd of November is the date for axl. Maybe we will have something to add to the albums already released this day next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Chinese democracy was released 12 years ago today. Also, the live era Album the spaghetti incident were released 21 and 27 years ago today respectfully. Seems the 23rd of November is the date for axl. Maybe we will have something to add to the albums already released this day next year.

I remember working in HMV on the morning Chinese Democracy was released. It was around the same time Queen were releasing their album 'Cosmos Rocks' that they did with Paul Rodgers. And a lot of people were talking about how these classic bands were just dying etc. - but despite both of those albums being slated and, for me anyway, those artists being connected I enjoyed both of them.

Finally found a video I’d seen years ago from the riot in St Louis in 1991 which was shot by robert John. We see at around 5 minutes the band standing off stage which is where the shot in the behind the music documentary comes from. It’s interesting to see the whole thing in context and not just bit of it. While axl got and deserved blame for his part in the mess. The fans in the building are responsible for wrecking the venue and breaking stuff outside.

• Advertisement

I remember reading i think in either Slash's or Duff's books, or could've been both, that they had hoped to go back on once either the crowd or Axl had calmed down.

Clearly as we know now, that was never gonna happen.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I remember reading i think in either Slash's or Duff's books, or could've been both, that they had hoped to go back on once either the crowd or Axl had calmed down.

Clearly as we know now, that was never gonna happen.

Probably duffs book because slash got basic facts about the incident completely wrong so I doubt he’d mention that. But I’d have to check. It’s interesting to see the band standing by the stage after they came off stage. There’s a documentary of the riot in YouTube where they talked to the manager of the venue and he claims he saw axl walk into his dressing room and was told to bring the house lights up. But this video shows axl with the house lights up standing off stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

What do people think? Will it be this summer or next that their concert goes ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

fin12 wrote: »
    What do people think? Will it be this summer or next that their concert goes ahead?

I heard they were releasing a kids bedtime story album first...

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

fin12 wrote: »

Well the concert is scheduled to take place five months from tomorrow and to be completely honest it’s touch and go. I mean if the majority of other businesses aren’t fully open or some way open by may then I can’t see any way they’ll be allowing concerts to go ahead. It all depends on how the vaccine roll out goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

Well the concert is scheduled to take place five months from tomorrow and to be completely honest it’s touch and go. I mean if the majority of other businesses aren’t fully open or some way open by may then I can’t see any way they’ll be allowing concerts to go ahead. It all depends on how the vaccine roll out goes.

Glastonbury cancelled yesterday. I'd say there is next to no chance of gigs as we know them going ahead in the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

So 2022 then for the concert.

wawaman wrote: »
    Glastonbury cancelled yesterday. I'd say there is next to no chance of gigs as we know them going ahead in the summer

I saw that news after my post. Yeah that’s as good an indicator as any that no concerts this summer at least in Ireland.

Oh btw happy 56th birthday to Steven Adler who despite his best efforts to not be here is still alive. I still don’t know how he is actually still here from reading his book. Of all the celebs I share a birthday with I’m happy he’s one of them.

• Advertisement

Happy 57th birthday to duff mckagan and 56th birthday to del James who’s been associated with the band for years. I know I said it when it was Steven Adlers birthday that I was shocked he was still here. Well considering what happened to duff in the mid nineties and how he came out the other side it’s great he’s still here. And while I’m at it, happy 59th birthday to the one constant in GNR Axl Rose for tomorrow the 7th of February.

Advertisement