Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bosco Presenters

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

You must have some memory. I remember watching the very first episode of Bosco aged 5 but can't recall it in that level of detail.

Watching the repeats, actually :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Anyone name the male presenter here, the guy who goes through the magic door? Can't place him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

His name is Peter

Can anyone remember what Times The Tide from Bosco consisted of? All I can recall is that it was some sort of animation.

Just to give you a heads-up, boys and girls,

The actor who plays Bosco will be interviewed on Radio 1 at -edit- 18:30; he's today's guest on Des's Irish Discs :o (knock-off version of Desert Island Discs), spilling the beans on a career voicing the puppet we all loved... or were terrified of.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Just to give you a heads-up, boys and girls,

The actor who plays Bosco is going to be on Radio 1 at 7pm, as today's guest on Des's Irish Discs :o (knock-off version of Desert Island Discs), spilling the beans on a career voicing the puppet we all loved... or were terrified of.

At 6:30 to 7:00 ? https://www.rte.ie/radio/#!

At 6:30 to 7:00 ? https://www.rte.ie/radio/#!

Almost missed it, thanks.

Bosco sounds like he smokes 20 Major a day

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Blisterman wrote: »
    Remember someone kidnapped him and threw him into the UCD pond?
    It was on the front page of all the papers. So funny.

Bosco was kidnapped. The kidnappers used take photographs of Bosco and used send them to a newspaper.

Bosco was returned safe and sound as far as I can remember

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Sir montygom

Can anyone remember what Times The Tide from Bosco consisted of? All I can recall is that it was some sort of animation.

if i remember correctly he was like a stick man character with a globe for a head and a bigger globe for his lower half.......i was just thinking of a good nick name for a mate that now thinks he knows everything the sea and tides...he is the new 2020 Mr times the tide

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    I thought it was 1985 but seeing as one the episodes on the DVD is dated 1987 I would say the latter.

If the info on this RTE archive player link is right (and I have seen incorrect dates on it) "new" episodes of Bosco were still being transmitted in 1988. Probably produced 1987 and transmitted late 87/early 88. It's safe to say this must have been the last original series to be transmitted before they began rerunning old episodes well into the 90s.

https://www.rte.ie/archives/2021/0308/1202687-boscos-easter-egg/?fbclid=IwAR0jImVLJE9d6iRVMK601XxY8ZEzHz0daya5JcWRO7p3OrFVD-5whhx7sdc

• Advertisement

Advertisement