Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sky Sports Fantasy Football thread - 2019/20 Winner is Donegal1234

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Mendy looks slow and out of shape

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Just shy of the tonne this week with 96pts. Soyuncu(c) today worked out very nicely indeed. 29/40 transfers remaining. Up to 1.7k overall

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Is it worth bringing in Pukki for Friday if you have nobody playing? I preumse the answer is yes. I'd be taking out Kane who was a stupid transfer on Sunday before I knew he wasn't playing. I have 27 transfers left.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Is it worth bringing in Pukki for Friday if you have nobody playing? I preumse the answer is yes. I'd be taking out Kane who was a stupid transfer on Sunday before I knew he wasn't playing. I have 27 transfers left.

I don't think I'll bother with Pukki, it will cost another transfer to get rid of him then. Trying not to bother too much with these type of games where I don't want a player from either team long term, you're just wasting precious transfers

I don't think I'll bother with Pukki, it will cost another transfer to get rid of him then. Trying not to bother too much with these type of games where I don't want a player from either team long term, you're just wasting precious transfers

I got in Krul for Henderson. I'll captain him for that match as well as getting one extra game out of him before transferring Henderson back in next gw and captaining him(against Man U) :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

The league is competitive this year, 60 odd points covering the top 6/7,hanging in there with Maddy and Sane c this week, pefering it to the main one tbh

The league is competitive this year, 60 odd points covering the top 6/7,hanging in there with Maddy and Sane c this week, pefering it to the main one tbh

Yea it's a good battle. I had a good week and jumped up to 2nd. Sane captain must be killing you :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Not contributing much alright, Mane I meant to type😀

Haven't posted in here in a while. How are we gettin' on? Boards league is nice and competitive at the top - in 3rd myself, and 3171st overall with 17/40 transfers left.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

manual_man wrote: »
    Haven't posted in here in a while. How are we gettin' on? Boards league is nice and competitive at the top - in 3rd myself, and 3171st overall with 17/40 transfers left.

i gave up of the team in my the boards league. But my other team I have is in 155 place overall and 19 transfers left.

• Advertisement

i gave up of the team in my the boards league. But my other team I have is in 155 place overall and 19 transfers left.
    Shít the bed that's really good. Do you expect to make any other transfers before the overhaul?

Shít the bed that's really good. Do you expect to make any other transfers before the overhaul?
    will make 2/3 so will have 17/16 left .The Dan burn Injury is a bummer will just keep him until the overhaul.

aim is to make top 10 this year. Was in top 100 in 13/14 and 16/17

Actually 132

Actually 132
    Class. Over 300pts between your two teams! Have you played Sky FF previously? *Edit silly me, just saw your above response. Well at least you have previous experience, don't rule yourself out. What's the points gap to the leader?

Class. Over 300pts between your two teams! Have you played Sky FF previously?

Roughly 120 points but most of the top 10 have used all their transfers. I tend to go by the ffscout league which Is for players who know what they are doing and I’m 5 in that so doing well .

I'm at 2k and winning that boards league. First season for me and making a good few mistakes like forgetting to pick captain and transferring players out before the game week instead of waiting for them to play but still enjoying it.

I tend to pick players who are doing well in FPL which is working out for me so far. I put about 5 mins into my team each week tbh so I'm surprised I'm doing so well.

When is the next overhaul? I still have 18 transfers left so doing ok there too.

I'm at 2k and winning that boards league. First season for me and making a good few mistakes like forgetting to pick captain and transferring players out before the game week instead of waiting for them to play but still enjoying it.

I tend to pick players who are doing well in FPL which is working out for me so far. I put about 5 mins into my team each week tbh so I'm surprised I'm doing so well.

When is the next overhaul? I still have 18 transfers left so doing ok there too.
    Between the 2nd and 8th of February

Between the 2nd and 8th of February

After the Liverpool double game week. I guess we should just use our transfers on Liverpool now so?

After the Liverpool double game week. I guess we should just use our transfers on Liverpool now so?

Correct the optimal time to bring in Liverpool players was last night I made two transfers

Correct the optimal time to bring in Liverpool players was last night I made two transfers

How have you fared in FPL out of interest and do spend more time looking into the Sky game?

• Advertisement

How have you fared in FPL out of interest and do spend more time looking into the Sky game?

I’m like 700k average really. The lure of sky is the passing tackle and shots bonus makes games more interesting and also makes defensive mids more attractive.

I’m like 700k average really. The lure of sky is the passing tackle and shots bonus makes games more interesting and also makes defensive mids more attractive.

I haven't really noticed the defensive mids doing too well, just had a quick look and Moutinho and Rodri are doing quite well. I need to get Van Dijk into my team fast looking at the defenders!

I haven't really noticed the defensive mids doing too well, just had a quick look and Moutinho and Rodri are doing quite well. I need to get Van Dijk into my team fast looking at the defenders!

Xhaka couple of years ago and fernadinho where like 5 points guaranteed every game with passing bonus. I would bring vvd in when they play man united. Prob won’t get clean sheet away at Spurs

Depends on your setup. I already have 3 Liverpool so I think I'm content with that. Could possibly get VVD in to make it 4, but otherwise to get Salah would mean using 2 transfers which I'm not sure is worth it

Just noticed there's an option to enter a 3rd team now(by Jan 10th) and to set up or join half season leagues. Might be an idea for anyone who wants to try the game out, and for the rest of us we can add another team - it gives you the full 40 transfers as well so good opportunity to have a better shot at the monthly prize on offer each calendar month

Came up with this for a 3rd team:

Alisson
    TAA Robbo VVD Soyuncu Sidibé
    Grealish Traore Richarlison
    Vardy Sterling

Sterling and Vardy can become Manè and Firmino after a game or 2 make hay with the extra games for Liverpool hopefully, then we have the Overhaul early February so can reset things then anyway

Came up with this for a 3rd team:

Alisson
    TAA Robbo VVD Soyuncu Sidibé
    Grealish Traore Richarlison
    Vardy Sterling

Sterling and Vardy can become Manè and Firmino after a game or 2 make hay with the extra games for Liverpool hopefully, then we have the Overhaul early February so can reset things then anyway

Nice team. Is there a max number of Liverpool players you can pick?

Nice team. Is there a max number of Liverpool players you can pick?
    No max from any team

BTW I set up a league for the 2nd half of the season called 'Mid-term Exam' it can be found under public leagues just check the half season option for anyone who's setting up a new team and fancies joining

• Advertisement

Think i'm gonna go a bit nuts with Liverpool players - i can bring in VVD Henderson and Firmino to add to TAA Robertson and Mané. Will then have 13 transfers for the rest of the season

Advertisement