Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

westport house camping

• 12-07-2017 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

hi, logged on to westport house as planning trip in camper with kids. Could not believe cost!!!
    e79 for 2 nites....than you, Minister Ring....the most i ever paid under old owners was 30 per nite,,crazy!!! dunno who bought it,,,, but they coining it this year..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Rainbowsend

That's a bit much, I think the "better" sites are going to price themselves out of the market, and you will find more and more campers looking at wild camping instead. The sites in Kerry are expensive as well.
    Ok they have got great facilities there but not everyone wants to use them, maybe separate pricing might be better?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Freedive Ireland

Thats why there was about 8-10 campers on Westport quay last night. Last week someone was in my spot, the cheek of them. Bollards on the grass means you have to go a bit further up and no facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Rainbowsend

it is such a shame especially on families, camping used to be a "cheap" holiday not any more. I know it takes money to upkeep a good site but this is really leaning toward greed.
    They will price themselves out of the market, hopefully local councils will realise there is money to made, loads of council run sites in the UK, basic but that is whats needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bulbymc

Dragging up and old thread...checked the e168 for 3 nights with caravan. 2 kids 2 adults we never paid that before. They have obvs put prices way up this year

Advertisement