Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Instant access to 5000 newspapers

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

digitaldr wrote: »
    Random 8 digit number worked for me. Good to see lots of magazines there too - they even have Viz! Unfortunately ever time I try to go beyond the first page I'm kicked back to the home screen using Chrome on my PC. On the mobile site it just gets stuck on "Loading, please wait..." Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Was that on the Magazines or the Newspapers? I can use the Magazines but newspapers doesn't work for me anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I was in the library last week and saw a sign saying that zinio access would be withdrawn in a number of weeks. It'll be replaced by something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭scheister

just managed to log in with a 8 digit code

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I got in there, stuck in an 8 digit code, which was denied, then stuck a 0 in front of it and got in.

Thanks op!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

nava wrote: »
    Was that on the Magazines or the Newspapers? I can use the Magazines but newspapers doesn't work for me anymore

Both

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

I can access magazines through Zinio, but failed to access the newspapers. Followed link in OP, tried random 7 digits, 8 digits, library card number preceded by 0.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I was in the library last week and saw a sign saying that zinio access would be withdrawn in a number of weeks. It'll be replaced by something else.

Oh no! Thats pretty much the best bargain ever. Do you know what the replacement will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

I'm having luck with 8 digit numbers starting with 3. I have tried about 10 and they have all worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Random 8 starting with number 3 worked for me just now

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

yoshimitsu wrote: »
    Stupidly logged out from the website on my PC and now cant get back in with my previous "credentials" (made up 7 digit number).
    I've opened a S. Dublin Public Library account, went in to put my number and it still says invalid. Is anybody else able to get in with a Dublin Library card number??
    Thanks

I was able to get in with a "random" 8 digit number starting with a zero. I must've tried 10x with true random numbers (and my proper Library ID number) but wasnt able. Thanks for the tip
    Pity about Zinio as the interface on tablets was great. Will ask the Library what it will be substituted with

• Advertisement

I wrote to the librariesireland.ie about this to ask if it was the case and they said that it's not true, there are no plans to change Zinio access.

Maybe you saw an old poster from last year when they changed the Zinio service and made it nationwide. People had to delete their old accounts and make news ones on the librariesireland.ie site.

Hopefully that's the case anyway as there's so much great content for free on that service now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,373 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Any time I try to read a magazine, it shows the first page, when I try to go to the next page, it just goes back to the home page? Anyone else seeing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Any time I try to read a magazine, it shows the first page, when I try to go to the next page, it just goes back to the home page? Anyone else seeing this?

Exact same for me - I've tried it with Chrome and IE on 2 different windows computers + in an incognito tab. Same for Chrome on Android. Just before it goes back to the home page there a little animation of a rectangle shrinking and moving to the top of the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Shanegggg

Exact same for me - I've tried it with Chrome and IE on 2 different windows computers + in an incognito tab. Same for Chrome on Android. Just before it goes back to the home page there a little animation of a rectangle shrinking and moving to the top of the page.

Works for me in Firefox.
    Try clicking on the next page icon on the bottom of the page beside the printer icon.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,373 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Shanegggg wrote: »
    Works for me in Firefox.
    Try clicking on the next page icon on the bottom of the page beside the printer icon.
    Tried that too. Really annoying, because this worked perfect for my previously.

Same exact thing is happening to me on Firefox. Tried everything but I only get so see the front page of newspapers.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Shanegggg

Same problem with Firefox this morning.

Logged out and logged in with an 8 digit number starting with 4.
    All working again! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

working perfect on Chrome random number starting with 0

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Having problem to go to next page for me too on firefox.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

So this has been replaced by pressreader app. Not available in DCC but I signed up online with a wicklow address and within minutes had access to the likes of uncut, hot press, irish indo, the guardian etc. Nice easy to use app too.

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »
    So this has been replaced by pressreader app. Not available in DCC but I signed up online with a wicklow address and within minutes had access to the likes of uncut, hot press, irish indo, the guardian etc. Nice easy to use app too.

Did you need a library card number etc ?
    Any reason you specifically needed a Wicklow address?

Did you need a library card number etc ?
    Any reason you specifically needed a Wicklow address?

Maybe more broadly, how did you go about signing up for free?
    Many thanks in advance

Dublin City where I live didn't seem to be on the list of particapating libraries so I used my folks address instead (Easy to find a wicklow address online anyways.) I created an account and they gave me a library card number straightaway which I used to sign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Cant find link on site to register?

Dublin City where I live didn't seem to be on the list of particapating libraries so I used my folks address instead (Easy to find a wicklow address online anyways.) I created an account and they gave me a library card number straightaway which I used to sign up.

Thanks
    Is this the site you created your library account on ? http://www.librariesireland.ie/join-the-library/

Pressreader says you need a library PIN number in the app when you try to sign in. What PIN did you use?

Pressreader says you need a library PIN number in the app when you try to sign in. What PIN did you use?

Wicklow gave me a pin when I signed up on their site

Wicklow gave me a pin when I signed up on their site

Can you give us th link you signed up on please?
    Thank you! This is a fantastic bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

Bit confused, I use this every day by going to library.pressdisplay.com and logging in with an email address and library number.

When I try to log in on this pressreader app I'm asked for an email address and password. It's not accepting the library number as the password.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I use the link in the first post, and then any eight digit number beginning with 4 as membership number.

Never once had a problem, one of the best ever bargain alerts actually.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement

podge018 wrote: »
    Bit confused, I use this every day by going to library.pressdisplay.com and logging in with an email address and library number.

When I try to log in on this pressreader app I'm asked for an email address and password. It's not accepting the library number as the password.

Any ideas?

Are in Wicklow? If not it possibly won't work. It seems that only a few libraries are signed upto this scheme and Wicklow is one.

You need to sign up for a seperate library ID using your name and a Wicklow address and Eircode
    Do that here : https://lgma.iii.com/selfreg

After you've regged read the page that appears, it'll instruct to get a PIN by clicking a link.
    Click the link.
    I didn't get a pin but did see a link saying "edit pin" , click that.
    It'll ask for your present pin but when you click in that box the pin they've allocated you will appear encrypted.
    Below that are two boxes asking you to fill in your chosen pin. Do that. Click save.

That number wll now be your pin and you can enter it on the site or in the app.

Thanks to Sweetie for this pretty great bargain and for answering Qs!

Advertisement