Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mc vities Jaffa cakes

• 29-05-2014 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Just back from my local tesco (crumlin village) and there selling 24 mc vities Jaffa cakes for €1, there the boxes that have 100% extra free, this offer beats the 36 Jaffa cakes dunnes stores have for €2 a box.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Dub12Dave wrote: »
    Just back from my local tesco (crumlin village) and there selling 24 mc vities Jaffa cakes for €1, there the boxes that have 100% extra free, this offer beats the 36 Jaffa cakes dunnes stores have for €2 a box.

Not cakes, biscuits :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Not cakes, biscuits :D

Wrong ! they are cakes :D

sweeet-1038x576.png?bc553e

"......Jaffa cakes had characteristics of both cakes and biscuits, but the tribunal thought they had enough characteristics of cakes to be accepted as such, and they were therefore zero-rated."

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/vfoodmanual/vfood6260.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

When they go stale, they get hard (oo-er!!), therefore they're cakes. Biscuits get soft when they go stale.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭Sappy404

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

This has been an education of the definition of a Jaffa cake, thanks all, this had kept me up at night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭CH3OH

This is a great deal... just scoffed some with a nice cup of tea .. tasted even nicer at this price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

I looked at the most recent tesco catalogue and only saw a 12 pack advertised at a euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Sam Mac wrote: »
    I looked at the most recent tesco catalogue and only saw a 12 pack advertised at a euro.
    Sounds like its a 12 pack with 100% free in it so 24. This might not show up in a catalogue or online. I figure its similar to a misprice. Several times in tesco I have gotten really good deals like this. e.g. a 4 pack of kitkats for half price, but some of them are 100% free packets, so I was getting 8 for about €1.50.

I guess their computer system might just recognise them as a 12 pack and just puts a €1 price on all of them, the computer person might never see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

The Jacobs ones are 100% nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

They're also well over 100% more expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

vicwatson wrote: »
    Wrong ! they are cakes :D

sweeet-1038x576.png?bc553e

"......Jaffa cakes had characteristics of both cakes and biscuits, but the tribunal thought they had enough characteristics of cakes to be accepted as such, and they were therefore zero-rated."

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/vfoodmanual/vfood6260.htm

MOD - Picture snipped?????

Advertisement