Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Covid restrictions Dublin and flights

• 19-09-2020 6:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I have flights booked for next weekend on a trip that I won’t be going on. With the new covid restrictions for Dublin and the government advice not to travel unless absolutely necessary would it now mean that i would be entitled to a refund rather than a change of flight? I can’t find anything on Aer Lingus about this situation

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

If the flight operates you will be entitled to nothing. So apply for a voucher before departure date.

Based on past history is it unlikely any flight in the next 14 days will be cancelled to avoid a massive EC261 bill

The current situation in Dublin is advisory there is no legal restriction blocking you from leaving the country (yet) and it does not appear series of road blocks will be setup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

You are allowed to travel through Dublin in order to get to the port/airport. You won't be entitled to any refund unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭conor06

Thanks Guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

conor06 wrote: »
    I have flights booked for next weekend on a trip that I won’t be going on. With the new covid restrictions for Dublin and the government advice not to travel unless absolutely necessary would it now mean that i would be entitled to a refund rather than a change of flight? I can’t find anything on Aer Lingus about this situation

I know you’re trying to do what’s right and I’d prob be doing the same. Just curious if you would be tempted to go anyway given it’s only a recommendation?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭conor06

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    I know you’re trying to do what’s right and I’d prob be doing the same. Just curious if you would be tempted to go anyway given it’s only a recommendation?

No I’m not tempted at all, I think it would be quite selfish plus when away lots of places are probably shut so you wouldn’t enjoy it as much as you would have pre covid

• Advertisement

Is there a free change option for you. I just changed my flights on Ryanair for free (other than fare difference).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Was due to fly to New York end October and currently Irish citizens are not permitted entry to the US and I cannot see that changing anytime soon. I assume that the flight will still go but I doubt I would even get past USCBP at Dublin airport. Anybody with insider knowledge of what happens in this situation ??

You won't even get past check in.

Your ESTA will be cancelled if you attempt to check in.

You won't even get past check in.

Your ESTA will be cancelled if you attempt to check in.

So are Aer Lingus obliged to offer me a refund/voucher or rebook option?

If the flight operates you are entitled to nothing.

Wait until 48 hours before departure, if its still scheduled either change to a flight in 2021 or request a voucher.

If its cancelled or they try to rebook you via different route then you can claim a full refund as the delay will be over the threshold

Do NOT enter your passport details or try to check in

• Advertisement

If the flight operates you are entitled to nothing.

Wait until 48 hours before departure, if its still scheduled either change to a flight in 2021 or request a voucher.

If its cancelled or they try to rebook you via different route then you can claim a full refund as the delay will be over the threshold

Do NOT enter your passport details or try to check in

Thanks for that, very useful info. Will pass on the news to my travelling companions.

Advertisement