Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shark hoovers

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

Mine arrived today .looks brand new.
    It doesn't have a docking station. Anyone elses missing a docking station?

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

honda boi wrote: »

Mine doesn’t either . Not sure if they are meant to and this is what it says on the listing

Store anywhere. Click to fold down for convenient storage, halving the size of the vacuum. Now completely free-standing, this compact vacuum cleaner can be stored anywhere without the need for storage hooks or propping against walls and furniture

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

honda boi wrote: »

Sharks don't have them, just the plug in charger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

I received mine today. It isn't working, the motor spins for a few seconds then stops then the power goes off. The battery is fully charged with 3 lights on.

Has anybody any ideas what to do?

Also, if I want to return it I can generate a Royal Mail returns slip but I doubt very much if it will be accepted from a Post Office here, has anybody done this before?

masterK wrote: »
    I received mine today. It isn't working, the motor spins for a few seconds then stops then the power goes off. The battery is fully charged with 3 lights on.

Has anybody any ideas what to do?

Also, if I want to return it I can generate a Royal Mail returns slip but I doubt very much if it will be accepted from a Post Office here, has anybody done this before?

Maybe google will give you answers ??
    Contact them through their eBay page They’re quick enough to respond

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭andydurnin

shardylan wrote: »
    Maybe google will give you answers ??
    Contact them through their eBay page They’re quick enough to respond

Any luck with eBay or shark?

andydurnin wrote: »

I wasn’t having the issue I just recommended trying those options
    This is their eBay page
    https://ebay.co.uk/usr/shark-clean

andydurnin wrote: »

It was myself, sent a message to their eBay but no response yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

How did everyone find their refurb Shark?

Ordered 2 and both seemed brand new in box . They are heavier and bit more awkward than Dyson but worth what I paid

• Advertisement

From the ratings on their Ebay store i reckon I must have been the unlucky one. When mine arrived it didn't work at all, just powered on for a few seconds and then turned off. Also the main wand was totally clogged up with about 6 inches to dirt.

That was just the start of my problems, I've been over a month now trying to get them to deliver replacement parts as they promised. I've been on the phone 6-7 times, about 20 mails, online chat etc. I've never come across a more inept Customer Service, they keep saying they'll follow up and don't bother. They sent replacement parts but stripped out the important part of my Address Pal ID so Address Pal can't release it unless I can provide the tracking number. They then promised to post them again directly to my home address, that was weeks ago and still no sign. They can't provide any sort of tracking information so I can follow up myself.

As of Friday they have re-ordered the parts for a 3rd time, I'm more hopeful this time as they have the Address Pal address correct now.

As I said the feedback on Ebay is good so I'm probably just unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭noeleeee

I ordered one and have been using it now for a good month. We are very happy with the purchase given the price we paid. Need to watch out for another such offer to buy another one for the mam.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭tobottherobot

I got the IC260UKW for £175. It's excellent and like others have said, appeared brand new in the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭poker--addict

FWIW, I have never had hair issues with dyson cordless. We have carpet and wood floors.

That said, I would not be against trying a shark or similar which might offer better value for money. No matter what way you look at it Dysons are a premium given they all result in a clean floor.

😎

Advertisement