Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Active Cold Front - 17th October 2011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,507 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Nice gust of wind there here in Swords. Has got a few house/car alarms going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

It's like dusk here in dundalk right now....grey leaden skies and wind has increased significantly...whhoooah, whistly in chimney now and rumble/howl of gust.

Teeming with rain.

[edit] Just increased to squall level there for about a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭santasbird

very strong gust in north Dublin. Clothes line(full of clothes) just came down.:(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

leahyl wrote: »
    Was OwenC banned from here?

I think so, but his mother wasn't! :D

Saw OwenC posting somewhere else on Boards recently, I think in the Aviation forum, so obviously not banned from Boards.

The line appears to be breaking up somewhat further west?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

that red line looks to be breaking up on the met eireann radar now

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Castlederg reporting 3c (and heavy rain) at 1400. Pretty impressive temps for middle of the day in mid-October.

Clear blue sky overhead here with rain blowing in the wind. Nice double rainbow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Wind picking up in Dublin city centre now. Michael D fluttering wildly on a lamp post outside my office window ! Wonder will he last the pace :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

absolutely torrential rain here in north meath now

kit3 wrote: »
    Wind picking up in Dublin city centre now. Michael D fluttering wildly on a lamp post outside my office window ! Wonder will he last the pace :rolleyes:

The good stuff should be over us within the next hour.

• Advertisement

absolutely torrential rain here in north meath now

just saw a pocket of light blue on the radar over meath!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

that red line looks to be breaking up on the met eireann radar now

Yes, the Cork defence systems are counter attacking~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Looks like a defined squall line is back..
    One of the biggest temp changes I have seen in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Going from reports on Facebook from friends it's actually snowing in Derry and also on the Glenshane Pass...

Gone quite quiet in Swords right now. A true calm before the event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

That line on the dioppler is impressive...raintoday's highest rainfall levels over much of N Louth the past 15 min, and they're spot on judging by how I can barely see out the window.

dsmythy wrote: »
    Gone quite quiet in Swords right now. A true calm before the event.

i'm 8 miles north of you... calming here too...slightly haha

also, to all those people reporting snow.. i have one thing to say:
    PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Currently 13.4c, winds SSW 30mph, gust of 46mph earlier. Overcast but dry. The squall is only 30 miles or so off to my NW behing the Slieve Bloom Mountains...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Did someone mention tornados. ?

day-after-tfree-18.jpg

i'm 8 miles north of you... calming here too...slightly haha

also, to all those people reporting snow.. i have one thing to say:
    PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN :p

You'll get first dibs on the squall line so!

• Advertisement

Line very well defined again on 1500 ME radar.

Hopefully it stays like that. These features have a tendancy to break up near Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Not far off Dublin now. The howl has subsided.. Must really be the calm before the storm.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Darwin

Squall line just passing overhead now, very impressive how you could visibly see the front as it approached. Seems to be brightening up behind it very quickly though?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cdsb46

Saganist wrote: »
    Not far off Dublin now. The howl has subsided.. Must really be the calm before the storm.. :D
    The rain here in ashbourne has started to get heavier that light blue colour is just over navan, looks like its about to get nasty :(

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭markfla

red line hitting Kilcock now

• Registered Users Posts: 23,717 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Quieter here too at the moment, less frequent gusts, although as I type light rain is falling and breeze has increased to strong again. Squall line now about 20kms from me, showing embedded downpours, dont think ive seen the 16+ mm/hr colour from the new radar resolution before!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tintean

Darkness is falling here in Maynooth as I type.... Started to rain properly a few minutes ago and wind picking up. And rain just started to come down seriously hard.

(newbie here, hello)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,009 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

tintean wrote: »
    Darkness is falling here in Maynooth as I type.... Started to rain properly a few minutes ago and wind picking up. And rain just started to come down seriously hard.

(newbie here, hello)

tintean eh, you must be my nemesis :pac:

heavy rain just started now. i went outside a few mins ago to get video.. was kinda eerie! will upload shortly

• Advertisement

Trees are almost bent over horizontal with the wind here. Sky to west getting very dark. Wind howling.
    Perfect day.

Advertisement