Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So which one of ye is the Boss?

• 12-01-2019 1:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭

What's a good way to answer this? Often, to stir things, someone will ask a group of siblings "so who's the boss?". It's a kind of a **** test and you can get a very interesting reaction. This was asked to me and my siblings recently, and an awkward silence followed! I then tried to defuse things by joking "oh we all think we're bosses in our own minds"

I think it's probably better to just say "oh so and so is definitely the boss" rather than staying silence and looking resentful that you're not the boss.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

What's a good way to answer this? Often, to stir things, someone will ask a group of siblings "so who's the boss?". It's a kind of a **** test and you can get a very interesting reaction. This was asked to me and my siblings recently, and an awkward silence followed! I then tried to defuse things by joking "oh we all think we're bosses in our own minds"

I think it's probably better to just say "oh so and so is definitely the boss" rather than staying silence and looking resentful that you're not the boss.

Why on earth would any of you be "the boss" ???

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

Its a joke, Dottie

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 21,926 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

I then tried to defuse things by joking "oh we all think we're bosses in our own minds"

In the long run that will most definitely have escalated resentment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

A quick STFU is all that's required

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭Women without Makeup

Snotty wrote: »
    A quick STFU is all that's required
    Is that what you'd you'd say? Really? No you wouldn't, so STFU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Is that what you'd you'd say? Really? No you wouldn't, so STFU.

Of course it is what I would say, some ****ing idiot asking my siblings who's the boss, what would you say?
    I have no time for idiots and they usually find that out as quick as you did.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,812 ✭✭✭daheff

how about telling whoever asked the question to grow up. Adults don't ask stupid questions like that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 110 ✭✭MaryBrosnan

I’m the boss in my house. If I say jump they say how high.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

“Depends on whose asking”

Or

“Depends on the situation”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Muppet Man wrote: »
    “Depends on whose asking”

Or

“Depends on the situation”

Wot chu mean boss?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

What's a good way to answer this? Often, to stir things, someone will ask a group of siblings "so who's the boss?".

Just pull out this pic.

bruce-springsteen-1984-billboard-1548.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I’m the boss in my house. If I say jump they say how high.

If you were truly the boss then they wouldn't say a thing they would just do it. They questioned your authority with the "how high" comment.

daheff wrote: »
    how about telling whoever asked the question to grow up. Adults don't ask stupid questions like that.
    It was asked by Maura on the afternoon show to a guest recently!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Tony Danza?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Tony Soprano

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Isn’t your cousin the boss of you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Tony Soprano

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Im eating my breakfast, kate

• Registered Users Posts: 5,812 ✭✭✭daheff

It was asked by Maura on the afternoon show to a guest recently!

You’ve just proved my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

But a woman can never be the Boss.

• Advertisement

daheff wrote: »
    You’ve just proved my point.
    Yeah but the guest would have looked defensive if he took your approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,285 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Tell him you’re the boss and then shoot your brother in the face to prove your point

• Registered Users Posts: 6,385 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

What's a good way to answer this? Often, to stir things, someone will ask a group of siblings "so who's the boss?".
    I often heard it said to couples in an 'I bet she wears the trousers!'-type of way, but rarely about a group of siblings.

You could turn it around and say "Why don't you just ask who's the bossiest?". A lot of people want to be the boss, but they don't want to be known as bossy. If the person asking the original question asked who was the bossiest, you'd definitely know they were stirring trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

I often heard it said to couples in an 'I bet she wears the trousers!'-type of way, but rarely about a group of siblings.

You could turn it around and say "Why don't you just ask who's the bossiest?". A lot of people want to be the boss, but they don't want to be known as bossy. If the person asking the original question asked who was the bossiest, you'd definitely know they were stirring trouble.
    Good

Advertisement