Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newspaper lookup

• 04-10-2019 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi there, just wondering if someone who has access to newspapers.com would mind looking up an obituary for me?

Mary Hutchinson death date 18 Feb 1981 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Any help/information appreciated,
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭SophieLockhart

Here you are:

XSbNFN.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭aine1980

Here you are:

XSbNFN.jpg

Thank you so much!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Never thought of checking the Irish papers - good find!!

For reference there are lots of free newspapers at the Google Newspaper Archive including about 3 dozen Montreal titles.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭aine1980

Same here, just assumed it wouldn't have been in the Irish papers as she was living in Canada when she passed.

Great tip on Google newspaper archive I always thought newspapers.com was the only place to get access - thank you for the tip!

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

Sorry to Hijack but looking for a favour also.

Could someone with a worldwide ancestry or access to newspapers look up any further information regarding the death of David Addison, an American pilot who died in a plane crash in co tipp on the 19th November 1968.

There is results from 'deaths of American citizens abroad' but alas I cannot access.

I have information from the limerick leader newspaper, just looking for any other info to accompany this.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

You've presumably looked at his death cert as well - which should be on irishgenealogy.ie

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/185867764

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

pinkypinky wrote: »
    You've presumably looked at his death cert as well - which should be on irishgenealogy.ie

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/185867764

Cheers. Thanks very much.

Completely forgot about the cert.

Interested in any additional newspaper material too

Advertisement