Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Slagcoin -> Panel Layout

That said, please follow the SRK Team Tech Talk motto:

6 button is cooler.
    8 button is dick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Nice little visual upgrade for those that use Hyperspin.
    Install these joystick graphics to improve the look of that little joystick that pops up when you're browsing games.
    These were done by 8BitMonk over on the Hyperspin forum.

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15321
    How to install & notes

Be sure to make backups of your original swf animations.
    Copy the 4 swf's in the mame folder to media-->mame-->images-->special.
    Copy the 2 swf's in the main menu folder to media-->main menu-->images-->special.
    You may want to nudge them up a bit in HQ so the bottom of the dust cover doesn't get nipped off.

This is the default stick image/animation:
    originalhsblue.pngoriginalhsred.png

This is the improved stick image/animation:
    new_joystick.pngnew_joystick_2.png

Preview:

Well thats just poo that is.

Apparently the best Sega Saturn emulator (SSF)wont run in 640x480 so I cant run it in my cab :(

Had a good look online and it seems that everyone else has the same issue.

Anyone ever get it working at that resolution?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Steve SI wrote: »
    Well thats just poo that is.

Apparently the best Sega Saturn emulator (SSF)wont run in 640x480 so I cant run it in my cab :(

Had a good look online and it seems that everyone else has the same issue.

Anyone ever get it working at that resolution?

Can't you run it at 800x600 instead?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Can't you run it at 800x600 instead?

The cab res doesn't go above 640 x 480 afaik.

• Advertisement

The arcadeVGA can output 800x600
    I've hyperspin running at 800x600 on my polo21 15khz monitor anyway

Interesting, is that what your Windows resolution is set to also?

But isnt 800x600@60hz not 35-37khz and most trisync mons top out at 31khz.

800x600 or higher will just make a high pitch sound and kill the monitor after a while, No?

No Idea
    According to http://www.ultimarc.com/avgainst.html the arcadeVGA has 800x600 @15khz, resolution built in.

My windows resolution is set to 800x600, my hyperspin is also set to that, any emu I've ever tried I ran at this resolution too.
    I've been running it for years without problems

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

No Idea
    According to http://www.ultimarc.com/avgainst.html the arcadeVGA has 800x600 @15khz, resolution built in.

My windows resolution is set to 800x600, my hyperspin is also set to that, any emu I've ever tried I ran at this resolution too.
    I've been running it for years without problems

I think i've the same monitor and I can't get to do that.:(

• Advertisement

LoGiE wrote: »
    I think i've the same monitor and I can't get to do that.:(

strange, I'll have a look at my driver version in device manager tomorrow and post the version number as I know I had trouble before with resolutions above 640x480 and andy in ultimarc helped me out

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Question, im trying to come up with some sort of Bezel setup for my cab im building. Has anyone ever spray painted Glass, or Plexiglass? I was thinking of cutting out a square the size of my monitor screen, then taping that down in the correct position on the glass and spray painting everything outside this. can you spray paint glass?

Yep, done that with my old bezel, lift the card off when paint is still wet and use a black to clean up

cool, whats a black?

keithgeo wrote: »
    cool, whats a black?

Lol iPhone autocorrect
    A blade, not a black

ah right, haha, so just scrape off the paint with a blade, if its over running the square? while its still wet?

Right, so i just got my Audio/Video switch setup for the candy so I can switch between the Hyperpsin PC and X360 at the flick of a switch.

I used this and it works perfectly with no signal degradation and nice clear audio:
    41VQlSP9euL.jpg
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000ZBHXZ4

Now I'd like to be able do do the same for the JAMMA harness, as in switch between Jpac and real JAMMA pcb's etc.

This looks promising but it powers both JAMMA connectors at once and thats not what I want. I wouldn't want my MVS powering up all the time if I'm just using the Jpac etc.

GBS8118_2in1_MultiJAMMA_Switchboard_640x480_2.jpg
    http://www.jammaboards.com/store/2-in-1-multijamma-switcher-pcb-gbs-8118-/prod_324.html

Anyone know what my best bet is on this front?

I presume you spotted the 6 in 1 version they sell with the wireless remote? It says it cuts power to the active pcb and transfers to the one selected. Not sure if a 6 slot is what you want though.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I presume you spotted the 6 in 1 version they sell with the wireless remote? It says it cuts power to the active pcb and transfers to the one selected. Not sure if a 6 slot is what you want though.

I've seem them alright. Seems like overkill for what I want and a bit of a space hog inside an already packed candy.

I might just leave it and swap the JAMMA as needed as its not exactly that hard.
    I'm just a bit mad when it comes to these things.

On another note, was it you Andrew that got that Blue glass/acrylic SEGA sign a while back?
    How is powered as a matter of interest as I'm thinking of getting one*.

*One means two

Aye that was me with the Sega sign. Mine has a 2 pin Euro plug on the end that you just plug into the wall socket. Well, I got one of those 3 pin adapters so it plugs in easy, this type of thing: link.

One thing about them is the power cable is it's pretty short, just under 4 ft, so you might need an extension cable depending on where you're going to put it.

• Advertisement

Aye that was me with the Sega sign. Mine has a 2 pin Euro plug on the end that you just plug into the wall socket. Well, I got one of those 3 pin adapters so it plugs in easy, this type of thing: link.

One thing about them is the power cable is it's pretty short, just under 4 ft, so you might need an extension cable depending on where you're going to put it.

Cheers, I think I'll get one. Not going for the SEGA one though but its exactly the same size, build etc.

I went for this sign by the way.

zeldasign.jpg
    e040.jpg

12 inch x 9 inch so I think its the exact same as the SEGA one.

Very nice indeed. :)

Very nice indeed. :)

Yeah, I went for red as I've already got a lot of blue lighting going on in the Nerd Cave.
    Free delivery as well :)

where did you get the sign? looks great

keithgeo wrote: »
    where did you get the sign? looks great

Ebay (Hong Kong)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I very nearly bought a SEGA one from .hk the other day. I wanted to use it on my Astro cab where the marquee holder goes but the mounting is all odd apparently. :(

Talking of cabs. I'm very worried. I've just seen a Capcom Mini Cute and my brain just exploded... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Wanty me one of those Sega signs for my Astro as well.
    Pyongyang,
    What problems are there mounting?
    I was thinking that it will line up with the screws on the back of cab and I could make holes.
    Is it to short or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Yup the holes don't align right. You need to mount it on something and mount that mount to the cab. It can be done, I saw a cab on AO with it but I am not sure how it was achieved.

Failing that some nice Ibara art would be good! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Cheers,thought that was the case
    Think i'll just get those one of those plexi custom marquee holders so.

Advertisement