Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team (Part 2)

• 29-06-2020 6:42pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The old thread is reaching its limit so time for a new one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

My final squad is getting closer and closer to being completed... Fabinho added so all that’s left is about 200k for TOTS CR7 and I’m all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,410 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I spent about 15 minutes trying to figure out why I couldn’t write in the old thread. :) i couldn’t see Axwell’s post due to a boards and iOS bug which they won’t even acknowledge. Tossers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Blazer wrote: »
    I spent about 15 minutes trying to figure out why I couldn’t write in the old thread. :) i couldn’t see Axwell’s post due to a boards and iOS bug which they won’t even acknowledge. Tossers.

Same here, I can’t see posts when they go onto a new page until a 3rd post is on it.

Occasionally I just post a dot and then delete it so I can see what was posted. Apologies to anyone who happened to be reading when I posted a dot :D

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Same here, I can’t see posts when they go onto a new page until a 3rd post is on it.

Occasionally I just post a dot and then delete it so I can see what was posted. Apologies to anyone who happened to be reading when I posted a dot :D

You on iPhone as well?
    It’s a bloody nuisance.

Anyway I was just having a laugh with 5212 but damn it’s a great formation.
    I’m on a 7-8 unbeaten run and absolutely hammering my opponents. Defense just can’t handle Zlatan, Bobby and Fernandes coming at them.
    I might run it for WL just to see how it goes,
    I’d love that Fabinho part to take over from Petit but it would completely unbalance my team.

You on iPhone as well?
    It’s a bloody nuisance.

Yep, thought it was just me having issue.

Anyway, did Fabinho and sarr sbc, trying to just have a bit of fun with newer players for last few weeks so at moment trying to put together a team of summer heat only players, getting there, have Diaby, kubo and perisic too.

Had a lot of fun playing with it earlier rather than my usual mbappe/Ben yedder etc

56-A4-D1-B3-7-E21-4944-AADD-E94-D9-FDA3270.png

• Advertisement

Yep, thought it was just me having issue.

Anyway, did Fabinho and sarr sbc, trying to just have a bit of fun with newer players for last few weeks so at moment trying to put together a team of summer heat only players, getting there, have Diaby, kubo and perisic too.

Had a lot of fun playing with it earlier rather than my usual mbappe/Ben yedder etc

56-A4-D1-B3-7-E21-4944-AADD-E94-D9-FDA3270.png

Jesus, that Eusebio up top :eek:

Jesus, that Eusebio up top :eek:

Haha yeah he’s sensational! Just scores for fun, I can only imagine the damage someone who’s really good at the game would do with him.

Haha yeah he’s sensational! Just scores for fun, I can only imagine the damage someone who’s really good at the game would do with him.

That’s like me with Ben Yedder... even finding it hard dropping him to put immobile + Insigne up top for Ibra objectives :pac: he made Mendy and Fernandes a lot easier to do.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

They finally updated Diaby. Saul and Mertens headliners upgraded also as expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

managed to do an icon pack, got so excited when i seen the dutch flag then seen cb :(:( haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Finally finished Bruno Fernandes and also managed to pick up Zlatan

Decided to put 92 Fernandes + others into an icon pack

90 Pep Guardiola, No thank you straight into another Icon pack with pretty much all the fodder I have left

Feckin JACKPOT

n9FlTL.jpg

Giggsy_ wrote: »
    Finally finished Bruno Fernandes and also managed to pick up Zlatan

Decided to put 92 Fernandes + others into an icon pack

90 Pep Guardiola, No thank you straight into another Icon pack with pretty much all the fodder I have left

Feckin JACKPOT

n9FlTL.jpg

I can’t see it as it’s so small...is it Ferdinand?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Got Zlatan done and Fabinho SBC as well. Switched Dybala to CAM and tried a 4-2-2-2 in order to accommodate 94 Bruno as well in a Serie A/PL hybrid team with Zlatan and Ronaldo up front, Dybala and Bruno as CAMs with Kessie or Fabinho and Jordan Henderson as CDMs.

Bruno feels super smooth but I couldn’t get him to work as a wide CAM in that formation - I find him more effective in central areas.

Went back to a full Serie A team and it worked better with Zlatan and Ronaldo as the STs with Dybala as the central CAM. Ronaldo suffering a dip in form for me at the moment as goal ratio dropped to below 1 per game but Zlatan has made an instant impact with 8 goals in 9 games.

Nice to see Mertens get an upgrade too - one of my favourite cards

That’s like me with Ben Yedder... even finding it hard dropping him to put immobile + Insigne up top for Ibra objectives :pac: he made Mendy and Fernandes a lot easier to do.

Oh yeah, defo still bring out the big guns for objectives, yesterday was the first day in a while I had all objectives complete and free to just play without needing a win or some objective requirement.
    It was nice for a change :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Hi all,

Any thoughts on NealGuides and his 4-2-3-1 custom tactics? The defensive video of his that you shared with me was a huge help and I've read very good things so decided to implement them with solid improvements so far.

I got a bit bored of my Bundesliga team. Well, in truth I just found I was getting pasted in Rivals and the gold card Lewandowski and Werner just weren't cutting it. I sold up a bit of my squad and purchased Mbappe and Neymar who feel so much better than the aforementioned but it feels like I'm sort of back to square one now :o

Anyway, I'm now running the below until I can save up some more coins to improve it. Can anyone offer some help on where I could maybe go next in terms of players? I like the formation (although I usually always play 2 strikers so it's challenging getting used to a lone ST) and only lost 1 of 6 games in Rivals last night (division 8) but feel like the chemistry kills it, or does it even make much difference? I hate seeing the red lines! :pac: Debuchy is just there as a French placeholder for the moment, don't worry I'm not that much of a novice! :pac:

f7b76028a46419a52549f6499cd10f0a.png

RB, RM (I don't really like Di Maria at all) and CDM need big improvements. I'm thinking Shapeshifters Moura for RM (as I like to cut inside with my wingers), maybe Gueye for CDM who will be cheap until I can save for someone better? I'll have the 85 Mendy today and then will get working on his objectives.

Maybe it's a case of just needing to be realistic and change the formation based on what I have?

Thanks all, your help has been great!

BrentMused wrote: »
    Hi all,

Any thoughts on NealGuides and his 4-2-3-1 custom tactics? The defensive video of his that you shared with me was a huge help and I've read very good things so decided to implement them with solid improvements so far.

I got a bit bored of my Bundesliga team. Well, in truth I just found I was getting pasted in Rivals and the gold card Lewandowski and Werner just weren't cutting it. I sold up a bit of my squad and purchased Mbappe and Neymar who feel so much better than the aforementioned but it feels like I'm sort of back to square one now :o

Anyway, I'm now running the below until I can save up some more coins to improve it. Can anyone offer some help on where I could maybe go next in terms of players? I like the formation (although I usually always play 2 strikers so it's challenging getting used to a lone ST) and only lost 1 of 6 games in Rivals last night (division 8) but feel like the chemistry kills it, or does it even make much difference? I hate seeing the red lines! :pac: Debuchy is just there as a French placeholder for the moment, don't worry I'm not that much of a novice! :pac:

RB, RM (I don't really like Di Maria at all) and CDM need big improvements. I'm thinking Shapeshifters Moura for RM (as I like to cut inside with my wingers), maybe Gueye for CDM who will be cheap until I can save for someone better? I'll have the 85 Mendy today and then will get working on his objectives.

Maybe it's a case of just needing to be realistic and change the formation based on what I have?

Have you been doing the objectives? I think Kubo is still available and can be done easily via squad battles. Even if you can’t/don’t use him at the very least he gives you high rated fodder.

The 82-88 rated SBC is good for recycling unwanted players into and only 7 non rare golds needed for that and the rest can be silvers or bronze players. The last 3 I’ve done have given out 3 TOTW players - an 82, 84 and 87 player.

I’m just continually ploughing in duplicates and untradeables in the hope of hitting something big

Has anyone tried the upgraded Diaby yet? Was wondering how he compares to Perisic. I have both but haven’t been using my Bundasliga team a lot lately as been concentrating on the Mendy/Bruno/Zlatan objectives.

I think I’d still lean towards Perisic but a 95 Diaby is not to be sniffed at?

I made it to Division 4 for the first time this Fifa yesterday. I was so happy to see the PS trophy pop up when I played my first game in it :pac:

I'm back down in 5 now after doing objectives but have all objective players now (until tomorrows new one).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Mr Moon wrote: »
    They finally updated Diaby. Saul and Mertens headliners upgraded also as expected.

Actually packed that Mertens card recently enough. Used it a few times now while I’m getting the Ibra objectives done but even at 91 it doesn’t feel good enough at this stage of the game compared to what’s available. Real shame too, I packed 96 lewandowksi as well that I haven’t played with whereas a couple of months ago you’d think you’d hit the jackpot.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Actually packed that Mertens card recently enough. Used it a few times now while I’m getting the Ibra objectives done but even at 91 it doesn’t feel good enough at this stage of the game compared to what’s available. Real shame too, I packed 96 lewandowksi as well that I haven’t played with whereas a couple of months ago you’d think you’d hit the jackpot.

I was lucky enough to pack him when he came out first, he was so good at the time. Doing the Ibra objectives with him you can see he's a bit behind, his 95 would be perfect.

• Advertisement

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I was lucky enough to pack him when he came out first, he was so good at the time. Doing the Ibra objectives with him you can see he's a bit behind, his 95 would be perfect.

I actually still find him to be useful. He’s one game shy of 300 games for me and has 251 goals. I thought I was going to phase him out as was using Joao Pedro at CAM but I brought Mertens back when I was finding Pedro a bit clunky. He’ll still be a good back up to Dybala for me

Boulders8 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the upgraded Diaby yet? Was wondering how he compares to Perisic. I have both but haven’t been using my Bundasliga team a lot lately as been concentrating on the Mendy/Bruno/Zlatan objectives.

I think I’d still lean towards Perisic but a 95 Diaby is not to be sniffed at?

I find him a lot better although Perisic is right
    Footed isn’t he?
    I prefer my LW to be right footed for cutting in.

I find him a lot better although Perisic is right
    Footed isn’t he?
    I prefer my LW to be right footed for cutting in.

I'm playing him on the right on 7 chem. Haven't been overly impressed with him yet.

Hi all,

Great to see you playing around with your team. I'd highly recommend doing all the player objectives. Some amazing players to build a team around.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Hi all,

Convert Neymar to a LF and put him at striker and convert mbappe to a CF and play him at CAM that way neymar will get 7chem and mbappe will get full chem.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

3 games
    Three long shot goals with Bruno.
    Three disconnects costing me wins :/

Servers are so bad at the moment.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I noticed today I had way more silver Belgian league players than I had realised. As in, 7 or 8 for every team.

So running through the league SBCs, and it's crazy the drop rate.

Rakatic from the first. IF Donarumma from the second. OTW Sarabia from the third.

Nice boost to coin reserves.

Boulders8 wrote: »
    I actually still find him to be useful. He’s one game shy of 300 games for me and has 251 goals. I thought I was going to phase him out as was using Joao Pedro at CAM but I brought Mertens back when I was finding Pedro a bit clunky. He’ll still be a good back up to Dybala for me

I just played a few games with him, I don't know if it's the way I'm playing, the setup with Ibra in the team or the upgrade but he's feeling a lot better than yesterday.

Anyone bother with the party bag sbc?
    Mad that an 83 squad is now costing near 60k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Anyone bother with the party bag sbc?
    Mad that an 83 squad is now costing near 60k

I did it and got 91 Christian Eriksen

Advertisement