Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COVID insurance refunds

• 19-06-2020 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭

Did everyone with AXA get your refund??
    Just wondering are all companies going to do the same?

Have You Received Covid19 Partial Refund 77 votes

Yes
    70% 54 votes
    No
    15% 12 votes
    No, but i'm calling them now about it!
    14% 11 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

blade1 wrote: »

I’m with Allianz, wife got hers and she’s with them , no word of mine

LillySV wrote: »
    I’m with Allianz, wife got hers and she’s with them , no word of mine

Same here both of us with Allianz, I got my refund. Received an email a while back and got a cheque in the post. My wife has heard nothing from them, she is though a broker through so I wonder if that makes a difference?

As an aside why on earth are they sending out cheques rather than just refunding to the card that was used to pay for the premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Got a 30 bob voucher for super valu off liberty, grand job

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I have car with an post this year and bike insurance with Carole Nash.
    Not a sniff from either yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Farrelk

35 quid one for all off FBD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

Got an e mail from AXA some time ago saying they were looking into the best way to administer the refund, not a word since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Blue850

30 euro all for one voucher in the post this morning from 123.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

EUR30 back from AXA
    Not car but EUR270 back from VHI

• Registered Users Posts: 5,030 ✭✭✭mikeecho

€30 cheque from AXA this morning

tossy wrote: »
    Got an e mail from AXA some time ago saying they were looking into the best way to administer the refund, not a word since.

They sent cheques out.
    Loads of people received it today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Same here both of us with Allianz, I got my refund. Received an email a while back and got a cheque in the post. My wife has heard nothing from them, she is though a broker through so I wonder if that makes a difference?

As an aside why on earth are they sending out cheques rather than just refunding to the card that was used to pay for the premium.

How did your wife pay? Did you pay on her behalf by any chance?

I got a rebate to my Revolut account. I paid my mothers motor insurance online with the same Revolut card, she received a cheque in the post. Both Allianz. So they may do a cheque if the card holder isn’t the policy holder. You select relationship of card holder to policy holder when paying online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Changed from AXA in the middle of this. Not expecting to get anything. The €200 reduction in premium more than makes up for it.

Boscoirl wrote: »
    Changed from AXA in the middle of this. Not expecting to get anything. The €200 reduction in premium more than makes up for it.

You wouldn't say no to another €30 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Yes I got my €30 cheque in the post today from Allianz direct, however Im with a broker though, heard nothing from said broker.

The payment is p1ss poor tbh, I was expecting more from Allianz.

Will have to lodge the cheque into bank on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,308 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

tossy wrote: »

The cheque's in the post!

I hadn't heard anything since they sent me an e-mail in March so checked their website just now and they are going to pay us €30 per motor policy, starting on June 15th (last Monday)......

You do not need to do anything to receive this refund.

If you pay by direct debit, we will transfer the payment directly to the bank account used to pay your premium. If you paid in full, we will issue a cheque to the last address we have on file for you.

We will start to issue payments from June 15th, please bear with us, processing this volume of payments may take several weeks to complete.

https://www.axa.ie/covid19/

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wanderer19

Nothing, and they've increased my insurance by €70, without reason. Renewal due in the next 2 weeks, will be shopping around

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

€10 from Liberty for a bike policy [voucher] and €30 from AXA for my car policy [check] Both came this week.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I got an SMS from BoI insurance this afternoon, apparently my one4all voucher is in the post, courtesy of RSA. Now all I have to do is Google what that is. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Wanderer19 wrote: »
    Nothing, and they've increased my insurance by €70, without reason. Renewal due in the next 2 weeks, will be shopping around

Reason is probably dodgy claims and a complicit legal ‘profession’.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

coylemj wrote: »
    The cheque's in the post!

I hadn't heard anything since they sent me an e-mail in March so checked their website just now and they are going to pay us €30 per motor policy, starting on June 15th (last Monday)......

You do not need to do anything to receive this refund.

If you pay by direct debit, we will transfer the payment directly to the bank account used to pay your premium. If you paid in full, we will issue a cheque to the last address we have on file for you.

We will start to issue payments from June 15th, please bear with us, processing this volume of payments may take several weeks to complete.

https://www.axa.ie/covid19/

Thanks for the update , hopefully there's a cheque waiting at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭KB22

Got an e-mail from Liberty ,a refund which would amount to the princely sum of €12.70. They kindly informed me if I chose not to seek this rebate they would give it to Pieta House! Very generous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Got €35 (voucher) from FBD today.

Wasn't overwhelmed by their generosity.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Pistachio19

Nothing from Allianz yet. I go through a broker but the broker website says the refund is to be sent directly from Allianz to the client. Fingers crossed for next week.

I have car with an post this year and bike insurance with Carole Nash.
    Not a sniff from either yet.

I’ve bike with Carole Nash too but didn’t hear them offering good will ..???

Hopefully they will :)

LillySV wrote: »
    I’ve bike with Carole Nash too but didn’t hear them offering good will ..???

Hopefully they will :)

Well I renewed with them on the 22nd of May and I asked were they going to give a discount due to lockdown.
    They said no but we're looking into refunding customers.

It's not too costly anyway but it is more than my car insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭enricoh

Purgative wrote: »
    Got €35 (voucher) from FBD today.

Wasn't overwhelmed by their generosity.

Paid e550 for the year, was parked up for the guts of 3 months. Didn't do honours maths in the leaving but was expecting a bit more!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

enricoh wrote: »
    Paid e550 for the year, was parked up for the guts of 3 months. Didn't do honours maths in the leaving but was expecting a bit more!

Same here. I'm trying to get mad enough to argue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

enricoh wrote: »

If an insurer has a bad year, will you give them extra for the year you previously paid for?

If an insurer has a bad year, will you give them extra for the year you previously paid for?

Did u go to school ? Or are u starting next year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,785 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Cheque for 30 euro from Paul Nolan of Axa today.

Sláinte Pól, cuidíonn gach rud beag.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Advertisement