Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Switch sold out everywhere?

• 14-04-2020 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭

Answer seems to be Yes, but checking to see if anyone knows where I might be able to get one.

Looking for a regular console rather than a lite.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

They've been popping up periodically all week - Amazon (UK, France and Germany I think), Smyth's, Curry's in the UK, argos's eBay outlet. You just have to periodically sweep the sites and cross your fingers. Hot UK deals will alert you but it's usually too late by the time you read about it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭Polar101

Yeah, I've been thinking of getting one after listening to a friend, and been checking on Amazon, but they don't seem to have one. I guess we'll be waiting a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Peckham

Banjo wrote: »

Coming up as out of stock now!

• Advertisement

Yep. Smyth's UK got them in yesterday afternoon, gone inside 10 minutes. You have to move like a cobra. Strike without mercy!

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭carq

littlewoods have switch lite available but holding out for real switch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Banjo wrote: »
    Yep. Smyth's UK got them in yesterday afternoon, gone inside 10 minutes. You have to move like a cobra. Strike without mercy!

Thank you for that. Sisters birthday coming up next week so managed to get one. Shipped and all! Appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Have to laugh at the people selling them above RRP on Adverts and they have crap like "dont bother telling me its cheaper in store", and since its a new ad I can only imagine they were getting dogs abuse on a previous ad

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭tbahh

FYI
    tbahh wrote: »
    This is on Smyth's Irish website for the neon red and blue Switch with improved battery life:

Out of Stock. Expected in stock: 17 April - 20 April

For the grey version, just a vague date of May 2020 is given. So for those still on the hunt for a regular Swith, I'd recommend keeping an eye on their site over the coming days.

Link: https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-gaming/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-consoles/nintendo-switch-neon-red-blue-with-improved-battery-life/p/182022

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Peckham

Now in stock in Smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Keithdwat

In stock in SMYTHS now, just thought I’d let you all know!

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭carq

got mine there with mario kart and super mario bros

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Thank you to this thread! Just ordered one and 3 games, hopefully that will help everyone with the boredom

All sold out again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Wow. Fast selling cause of Corona.
    Tempted to buy one myself. But steep at 300

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Wow. Fast selling cause of Corona.
    Tempted to buy one myself. But steep at 300

That’s what we thought back in March, a few weeks with kids driving us up the walls changed our minds. That and not going out to work means we’re not spending as much

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Anyone know a place that has them in stock, been looking for a week now, cant find anything.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

dan786 wrote: »
    Anyone know a place that has them in stock, been looking for a week now, cant find anything.

In stock in Smyth's now and available for home delivery. Even the limited edition animal crossing set is in stock.

Be quick!

tedpan wrote: »
    In stock in Smyth's now and available for home delivery. Even the limited edition animal crossing set is in stock.

Be quick!

Neon and grey gone already. Just Animal crossing ed left.

dan786 wrote:

All in the space of an hour. Madness!

• Advertisement

tedpan wrote: »
    All in the space of an hour. Madness!

I am sure it all by resellers. The demand on them is crazy.

dan786 wrote:

Definitely, classic Nintendo, they always limit supply and send customers crazy for their games. Very clever!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

that is mental - i checked at 8am and saw animal crossing (which i wanted anyway) was the only one and got it straight away
    it's sold out now as well

bluewolf wrote:
    that is mental - i checked at 8am and saw animal crossing (which i wanted anyway) was the only one and got it straight away it's sold out now as well

Yep! I knew it would be quick :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

One such turd has wasted no time in putting the Animal Crossing Console up for sale on Adverts for an extra €105. I hate people like that.

sligeach wrote:
    One such turd has wasted no time in putting the Animal Crossing Console up for sale on Adverts for an extra €105. I hate people like that.

There's quite a few of them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Maybe Smyths are selling at markup on adverts etc !!!
    Bit like tickmaster and that reseller site they own ...

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭WAW

They have them on eglobal central but they take about 4 weeks to arrive!

bluewolf wrote:
    that is mental - i checked at 8am and saw animal crossing (which i wanted anyway) was the only one and got it straight away it's sold out now as well

The Animal Crossing bundle has been removed from the Smyths website which means no future stock and a possible increase in resale prices.. :(

• Advertisement

WAW wrote:
    They have them on eglobal central but they take about 4 weeks to arrive!

For 530e and no game. Madness!

Advertisement