Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Valorant

• 13-04-2020 5:28pm

Anybody get a key for this? Gun play is counter-strike basically, grenades are replaced with abilities.

Few of us have it on here: https://discord.gg/tZhHfG2

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Was hoping for a key but no joy, watched a few streams hoping for a drop no luck, looks good though.

Dcully wrote: »
    Was hoping for a key but no joy, watched a few streams hoping for a drop no luck, looks good though.

Make sure you login to riot too. I know some people had their twitch account linked but weren't actually signed up for the beta on their site.

Yeah had that done thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Yeah been playing a bit too. Enjoying it a lot, plays like cs 1.6 just a bit slower. Which is fine by me! Have to wait and see how the abilites work once people get the hang of the characters.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,133 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What way do the drops on twitch work? Do you just get randomly sent a code by riot or does a streamer have to send it to you?

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    What way do the drops on twitch work? Do you just get randomly sent a code by riot or does a streamer have to send it to you?

Yeah its random, you sign up for the beta and link that to your twitch account, watch a stream with drops enabled and you should get a notification/email saying you are in the beta. I got one fairly quickly but a mate took abour 3 days of constant streaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Burgo wrote: »
    3 days of constant streaming.

F that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I played 1.6 and currently playing CSGO, so really keen to give this a try.

I've been watching Twitch and enjoying it but no drop yet unfortunately.

If I get a key I'll jump in Discord and try get a few games in.

5 hours yesterday with streams on no joy lol.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,133 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is there any talk of when it's going to open beta or be released outright? Having it be closed in the first place seems like a marketing ploy more than anything else.

• Advertisement

Is there any talk of when it's going to open beta or be released outright? Having it be closed in the first place seems like a marketing ploy more than anything else.

No firm release date, but they've said it'll be out Summer 2020.

I left streams minimized, muted and at 160p for 72 hours before I got a key.

Any former cs players should be all over this. It's as if they reskinned cs with new maps. Feels great to play. 128 tick servers too. I hope they don't roll back on that when the servers get overloaded. I'm still getting the hang of the abilities and dying as a result of trying to use them. There is no toxicity in the game at present as everybody is a newb and everyone seems grateful to be playing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The Anti Cheat is interesting, am sure like 5ghz towers it will infringe on someones rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

The game seems to be incredibly well optimised.
    A friend installed it on an old dell optiplex with a GT 1030 and set it at 1080p low and got over 100fps average.

All potato friendly games are a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I was told you only need to watch a drop stream for like 2hrs to be entered into the draw to get a code, and they do the codes in batches.

So last week i left streams open on a tablet for about 2-3 days, then i heard you only need to watch for 2hrs so turned the tablet off and left it off. That was on Saturday or so and i got a code on Wednesday.

I dont think they dispatch codes randomly/constantly, i think its a big batch every few days, so id advise streaming for a few hours and then just forget about it until you get the email notification. As you will just get annoyed/stressed over it otherwise..

4 days plenty of tabs open and unmuted no key, joke!

0-EA1-A600-350-D-4489-AB65-5-CF0-BD9-A9-AC1.png

Spray patterns for anyone interested, a lot more side to side than CS for example.

Dcully wrote: »
    4 days plenty of tabs open and unmuted no key, joke!

Stopped watching streams today and got a key :D

I got a key in Friday and played some games over the last two days. Really enjoying it.

Took to it pretty quickly as I've played a lot of CS over the years, but still learning the abilities, classes & maps.

Looking forward to playing some more. Up for playing with some boardies, I'll get onto Discord above some evening.

Adam88s is my riot handle if you want to add me for a game.

Since this game runs on a potato and I can't leave the house due to some virus going around, I've decided to start streaming... https://www.twitch.tv/neeel23

Apologies for the plug, you are welcome to slag my balding corona haircut

• Advertisement

Since this game runs on a potato and I can't leave the house due to some virus going around, I've decided to start streaming... https://www.twitch.tv/neeel23

Apologies for the plug, you are welcome to slag my balding corona haircut

I watched for about ten minutes a little while ago and just got an email with a beta key at last :D

Ah them few through the gap at the top of the door are filthy.

That was in this game. I got matched with some complete donkeys.

Untitled.png?width=1207&height=677

I'm so good that they created a patch to stop me:

Added curtains to the top of double doors on Haven to remove the Sage Barrier Orb boost that allowed players to see through a sliver of the door at the top

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Stop cheating Neeel.

Full release of this was yesterday, new map, game mode and operator added too. Not tried the new game mode yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Homelander

Played for an hour and as someone who loves Overwatch and finds CSGO fairly okay, I didn't like this at all. Feels clunky and slow, just....not fun. Won't uninstall it just yet but can't see myself going back to it.

Anybody get a key for this? Gun play is counter-strike basically, grenades are replaced with abilities.

Few of us have it on here: https://discord.gg/tZhHfG2

I joined this Discord after getting a beta key and have enjoyed playing Valorant with a friendly group on there, along with some other games.

If your looking for people to play with (any skill level) I'd recommenced joining. I'm certainly glad I did, especially given lock down!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,342 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I like it but the progression/unlock system is confusing.

Advertisement