Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ryanair flight to Spain NOT cancelled but country is on lockdown

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Stern

Have a flight to Sweden next week. Not cancelled but already postponed once from May/June. Now that Phase 3 is still recommending essential travel only, I would’ve thought Ryanair would allow at least a reschedule, but nothing doing. There was no way I’d know when I originally postponed it that it’d still be so unsafe now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,636 ✭✭✭✭josip

Stern wrote: »
    Have a flight to Sweden next week. Not cancelled but already postponed once from May/June. Now that Phase 3 is still recommending essential travel only, I would’ve thought Ryanair would allow at least a reschedule, but nothing doing. There was no way I’d know when I originally postponed it that it’d still be so unsafe now.

The only thing that was known back then was that we're all dealing with RyanAir.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

josip wrote: »
    The only thing that was known back then was that we're all dealing with RyanAir.

Not quite true. Sweden's idiotic herd immunity strategy was clear and guaranteed to fail from a long time ago. I'd travel to Italy in a heartbeat but wouldn't go near Sweden if you paid me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

Stern wrote: »

Same, was supposed to be flying to France (Beauvais) next Wednesday. Campsite has cancelled the booking. Was hoping flights would be cancelled too, but appear to still be going ahead, despite DAA non essential travel directive. Booked the flights before Christmas so not even an opportunity to change with no change fee. €650 down the toilet. Cost to change is €450 before any additional flight costs are added. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BOR5

Due to fly to Spain on Monday next but as it's not in the green list, I won't be travelling as it was a non-essential trip. Trying to get onto Ryanairs customer agents but no luck. Tried for a few days.... At this stage, resigned that I won't get any refund or anything but thinking of Checking in for the heck of it as I've paid for the damn flights! Rant over!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,153 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

BOR5 wrote: »
    Due to fly to Spain on Monday next but as it's not in the green list, I won't be travelling as it was a non-essential trip. Trying to get onto Ryanairs customer agents but no luck. Tried for a few days.... At this stage, resigned that I won't get any refund or anything but thinking of Checking in for the heck of it as I've paid for the damn flights! Rant over!

They may allow you to rebook for free, currently all bookings made in July, August and September can be changed free.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭greep

Guys, I was after Ryanair for the 4th time since March RE the refund for flights.
    They finally confirmed the refund for 1 flight, but refused it for a second flight.

The 2nd flight to Lanzarote (19th March) was NOT officially cancelled though according to global news & Spanish Government, nobody was allowed to Spain after 14th March (official lockdown start).

Did anyone manage to received a refund in a similar case?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭paddy19

They may allow you to rebook for free, currently all bookings made in July, August and September can be changed free.

Have a look at rebooking.
    You have nothing to loose.
    Given the way Covid is going there is a chance that Ryanair will cancel more flights as the summer season ends.
    Might be worth looking at the pattern of cancellations with Ryanair, you expect midweek flights to be cancelled faster than weekends.

If you have the energy you can also look at the level of seats booked on a flight.

Advertisement