Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

RossieMan wrote: »
    That's why you see all the pros using him? Never seen him in any decent team where others were available. Obviously in this case it's not the same, but no way is he worth an icon Campbell who himself probably cost 700k to do plus about 700k worth of players.

He'll be out of that team come TOTS.

Pro players are meta players they play the system similar to yourself. Someone like tsc or myself like different styles or have different styles and a defender that can pass and move might be way more beneficial then a defender that just is a brick wall but not much good in any other way. Campbell is an awesome player don't get me wrong but blanc is way better.

Anyone tried Cannavaro this year? His primer Icon is tempting me and I’ve heard good things about him despite his height

Nope couldn't ever use a short defender in the game myself it would be suicide in my opinion imagine if he was your man up against a tots Harry Kane on a free kick or corner... you be dead :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Apparently that middle icon sbc is back in the code (or whatever it’s called)

Should see it at 6 today or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

That's my main team at the minute. 4231 in game.

Haven't played in the last month but if Rashford gets an IF or 2 then I might be tempted to come back and play a few games.

Bench is Ramos, RTTF Aurier, Keane, Neymar, Mbappe, Headliner Rashford, Europa Falcao

Reserves are Futurestars Davies, RTTF Lingard, IF Martial, Futurestars Ndombele, SBC Depay

*usually sub on Keane and 2 attackers

6zrcpj.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Team hasn't really changed much, haven't logged in in over a month or so.

8yyvdj.jpg

• Advertisement

@Redzer

6 chem Hullit?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    @Redzer

6 chem Hullit?

Usually have him at cdm to give van dijk full chem but just wasn't arsed :pac:

Screenshot-20190329-120143.jpg[/url]

My team!!!! Obviously all yours are way better I can't even afford contracts. :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Screenshot_20190329-121655.png

Shoehorning Messi into the team after packing him last week, haven't really played it to test properly. Normally Eriksen would be CAM with Kane in place of Higuain, bought Higuain to help Messi settle in the area :)

Screenshot_20190329-121702.png

Screenshot_20190329-121710.png

Liam you could start as a 451 with Messi ST and all will be full chem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

dLhb70F.png

As I'm lacking in Icons I have all those Loan Icons!

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

476588.png

Just completed Birthday Werner and am going to use him in a 4-2-2-2 formation with Flashback Ibra up top.

My subs are Aubameyang, SIF Ben Yedder, Red SIF Lozano, Red TIF Pepe, Futmas Firmino, Fabinho and TOTY Nominee Vrsaljko.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

jayo26 wrote: »
    Anyone tried Cannavaro this year? His primer Icon is tempting me and I’ve heard good things about him despite his height

Nope couldn't ever use a short defender in the game myself it would be suicide in my opinion imagine if he was your man up against a tots Harry Kane on a free kick or corner... you be dead :o

Neither could I.... but I’m contemplating it. Heard he still wins headers, and his 98 defending is very tempting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

3-7

Just having one of those days where I’m making stupid mistakes. Not getting thrashed. Just loads of 4-3 losses.

Jayo, think you said Blanc was a quicker Campbell and agree with you. Really loving him. Great physical presence but way quicker and agile.

DDG going straight onto the market though. Just find him such a liability :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Lord TSC wrote:
    DDG going straight onto the market though. Just find him such a liability

He's the best of a bad bunch, unfortunately.

Goalies are worse than ever this year. Van der Sar suppose to be the best of them.

RossieMan wrote: »
    He's the best of a bad bunch, unfortunately.

Goalies are worse than ever this year. Van der Sar suppose to be the best of them.

I've got the EoaE Cech who i prefer, and I've spoke before about prefering Neuer over DDG too.

Cech might be a bit slower, but he's at least a unit in the box. I trust him to throw himself round a bit on corners and stuff. Neuer seems to rush out quicker too.

DDG just seemed to have decent distribution, great stopping of long range shots....but everything else just seemed to frustrate me. He let in loads of low shots, he seemed to fumble a few balls he should have caught, and he was responsible for a few of the losses.

I'll probably leap at the VDS SBC from a United point of view though. Hogey (I think) said his baby had the sweeper trait, so I'd love to hear his OP does too.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Here's my team currently. Toying with the idea if getting Messi. Prob be better off going for an icon though. Any suggestions?

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    Here's my team currently. Toying with the idea if getting Messi. Prob be better off going for an icon though. Any suggestions?

Doesn’t seem to have the attachment of your team there?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Ha ha sorry. On mobile and having a mare.

Robben card looks unreal.... and very expensive

• Advertisement

OP Henry
    SBC Robben

Objective players

Guarin, Right Back SMS, CDM Boateng

Lord TSC wrote: »
    OP Henry
    SBC Robben

Objective players

Guarin, Right Back SMS, CDM Boateng

See the new format for icons seems to be just adding extra high rated teams to get the price up rather than icons.

Henry needs a total of 20 totw players along with the high rated squads plus 1 icon.
    Makes my prep of getting a few icons ready a bit of a waste if they do the same for R9 and gullit

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    Ha ha sorry. On mobile and having a mare.

It looks very good, I’d hold off on Messi a couple of weeks to see what costa gets as his final boosts and Bale is gone fairly cheap now (around 120k I think) you could get him for the rm slot.

Imagine the price of Gullit and viera given the price of Henry. Theyve really ****ed the market up this year.

Robben has great face stats, but his 2 star weak foot will kill that card.

Half tempted by the mid Icon SBC too.... would completely gut my club, but I do enjoy seeing an icon walk out of a pack.

84, 85, 86 squads needed, 1 IF in each.

Tbh, that's the spine of an OP Icon, and I think I'd rather just put the coins into getting a player I know I'll use....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Lord TSC wrote: »
    84, 85, 86 squads needed, 1 IF in each.

Tbh, that's the spine of an OP Icon, and I think I'd rather just put the coins into getting a player I know I'll use....

About 380k and if someone has a bunch of tradeables sure why not trade it in for mid icon Nakata! :eek:

Lord TSC wrote:

Not anymore. You wouldn't shave half off any of the icons coming now. Theyre going to be insane prices.

Just goes to show how insane Zola and co were value wise. Even if they weren't very good for some people.

Yeah the way they’ve restructured the icon sbc’s makes doing that medium icon sbc pointless for anyone who already has an icon to submit.

When the baby icon sbc came out I did it twice thinking “well at least I can use these in the top tier icon sbc’s that will require 5 or 6 icons”
    It looks now like they’ll just keep adding as many 88, 89 teams as they need to get the price up.

I shared a link from reddit on Tuesday that showed only something like the 10 best icons have a transfer value higher than 500k for medium icon so unless you pack one of them it’d be cheaper to buy the icon you want.
    And if, the likes of Ronaldinho, R9, Eusebio etc only require 1 icon, the prices of the lower icons will really drop as they won’t have the sbc’s to keep their ceiling up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Did one, got Mexican Hernandez 87. Anyone use him before?

Advertisement