Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards PES 2019 League - Season 5 Fixtures and Results

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Group A

Palace 2 - 4 Benfica

Palace went 2 up in the 1st half through Batshuyi (28) & Townsend (45+2). In the 2nd half, it was Benfica all guns blazing. Sakho gets booked on (49), Jonas gets one back on (68), then Sakho gets his 2nd yellow on (69) and down to 10 men.

Jonas makes it 2-2 on (75), then Seferovic makes it 3-2 to Benfica on (79), Palace are all out attack to try and equalise but get hit again on the counter with very little defensive cover and Jonas completes his hat trick on (84)

Another defeat for palace, their 8th in a row. The manager is on thin ice before he gets the sack

gg kingosh

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Division B

Betis 4 - 3 Nantes

Good game that one - could’ve went either way

Thought Steven might put up his home match - I’ll put it up if that’s ok!

Nantes 2 - 2 Betis

Another very fun game. I went down to 10 men @ 0-1 after 15 mins for an absolute farce of a red in the middle of the pitch.. was actually kinda funny.

Went 0-2 up until the 83rd min thru a bit of luck and a lot of patience/passing.

Conceded my first goal to one of those one where everything just seemed to freeze in my goalmouth and then ball fell to his player .. 2-2 then in 88 with a good passing move.

Was sickened in the end but it was a great result in hindsight since I didn’t know how he was doing in the league.

4 points badly needed in my two games with Nantes

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Divison B

Wolves 4 - 1 Villarreal (az)

Great game this, Villarreal with lots of early pressure but couldn't get the early goal, mostly because of good goal keeping from Patricio! Jimenez would strike from outside the box to put Wolves one up just before half time and Jota would strike soon after. Wolves needed a third to finish off the game but AZ would score through Toko Ekambi and the game was back on with about 20 minutes left. Az couldn't get the equaliser and Jimenez would strik twice late to seal a hard fought victory for Wolves

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Gameweek 5 Fixtures

Group A

IMG-20190218-124545.jpg

Group B

IMG-20190218-124437.jpg

See webpage here for groups and fixtures: Boards PES League

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Beastermc 2.0

Colemania wrote: »
    Gameweek 5 Fixtures

Group A

IMG-20190218-124545.jpg

Group B

IMG-20190218-124437.jpg

The man's commitment knows no bounds!!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭az1234

Group B
    Villarreal (az1234) 0 - 0 Bournemouth (philamental)

I've no idea how this one finished nil all as there were so many misses for both sides! Wilson missed a one on one right at the death which would have sickened me!

Good game phila!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

Fulham 1-1 Sevilla
    A game that never really got going til the second half vietto opening the scoring for Fulham with a quick counter attack but late on Sevilla would get their goal a lovely low cross Big Ben yedder on hand to drive it into the bottom corner
    Sevilla almost won it with the last kick Fabri made a good save and just lost the run of himself then haha thankfully the ball would hit him as apposed to him saving it
    Great game Pizzaburn a point each

• Registered Users Posts: 14,220 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Leicester 1 - 3 Wolves

I went a goal up then felt bad and decided to let Damo win. I knew he couldn't handle the double over him. Well placed dude

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Sevilla 3 Torino 6

Managed to go in level at 2-2 at half time , then to my amazement I went 3-2 ahead , made a stupid mistake to allow the 3-3 equaliser, then got slaughtered !!

Even tried to play in snow right gain an advantage!!!

• Advertisement

Group B

Nantes 3-1 Leicester

Nantes got off to a flyer with two early goals from Coulibaly and Roniger. Coulibaly I think then made it 3-0 just before half time. Leicester would get one back with 10 mins to go and had a few chances after that but nantes managed to hold on. Great game Meath!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Div A

Benfica 0-1 Sevilla

Mad game this, not sure how I lost it or at least didn’t score. Had a good few clear chances throughout the game, especially in first half. But just was hitting the post or going narrowly wide. One chance I think I hit the post, got the rebound and hit the post again.

After fluffing a few great opportunities ended up going 1-0 down and as the game wore on I think I tried forcing it too much as was annoyed at the misses. Could have conceded more too later in second half when went more attacking looking for the equaliser.

Gg Stryker

Division B

Betis 2 - 1 Villarreal

Good game - did well to hold on since I was down to 10 men for a while. If I had an attack with any pace I was scoring a 1-on-1 but sadly I got caught up on.

Div A

Benfica 3-2 West Ham

Another close game between these two sides and Benfica round off their campaign with a win. Gabriel opened the scoring on 14 mins and that was the score at the break but West Ham did have two decent chances to get a goal.

Arnoutivic got the equaliser on 60 mins but that seemed to rouse the Benfica players. Seferovic got the second on 69 and Krovinovic got the third on 73. Was looking safe then and I had a good spell towards the end of the game where I had a few decent opportunities to score again, but in the end it was Diop who pulled one back for West Ham in the first minute of injury time. Too late on to get the other they needed though.

Good game jipo

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

Fulham 0-6 Torino
    Poor Fulham couldn't mix it with torino
    Found myself 1 nil down after 10mins having been given 3 or 4 chances to clear it I couldn't and was punished
    Torinos second came from a handling error by Fabri a whipped ball too hot to handle Berenguer on hand to finish
    No complaints other than my own bad start to the game in the end Torino showing why they are top of the league
    Plucky Fulham still hoping for a 4th spot while Torino go marching on
    Great game thegifted1dblin

Group A

Palace 4 - 8 Seville

Vidal scores to make it 1-0 after (13), McArthur gets it level after (20), Vidal again after (24) before Benteke makes it 2-2 after (35).

A quick brace by Zaha on (39,41) makes it 4-2 to Palace at HT. I think Pizzaburn was shell shocked and fired a rocket under his players at the break.

In the 2nd half, it was all one-way traffic as palace forgot how to defend just like they do in every game :D. It's most prob down to my attacking tactics and I should really try close out games instead of trying Kevin Keegan approach of we score more than you :D.

Silva (50), Ben Yedder (53, 71, 79) Navas (75) and Vidal also got his hat trick on (86).

gg Pizzaburn :)

I HATE THIS GAME :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,220 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Leicester 2 - 3 Betis
    Another loss for Leicester, disaster of a league campaign for me. Roll on next season

Palace 5 - 4 Fulham

This is not a drill, I repeat this is not a drill :).

After 9 defeats on the bounce, Palace somehow managed to steal this game at the death. Just like in our reverse fixture.

Both teams came out with the attitude of fcuk any defending :)
    Palace opened the scoring through Townsend after (10) and with plenty of chances for both teams it stayed that way until HT. Benteke put Palace 2 up after (50) and they looked to be comfortable and get their win. As with all Palace games they don’t do comfortable :).

Vietto got one back on (56) before Ayite made it 2-2 on (59). Benteke made it 3-2 on (63) before a double sub by Fulham changed things up.

Schurrle made the game 3-3 after (70) before Van Aanholt edged palace ahead once again on (74) for 4-3.

There were chances end to end when Mitrovic levelled the game at 4-4 on (85). Palace players looked stunned and went all out attack. Deep in injury time and the last kick of the game Benteke produced a bit of magic to break Fulham hearts on (90+5)

What a game.
    Thanks Ken.

One thing games are never boring when Palace are involved :D

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Torino 7 Ajax 2
    Tough start for Ajax with Torino 3 nil up inside 10 mins, 4 nil at ht. The game itself was scrappy enough with lots of offside and last minute blocks or saves. Torino can still be caught by Coleman so nervous times for the run in.
    Good game potter

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭az1234

Group B
    Villarreal (az1234) 0 - 2 Porto (niallym)

Goals from Aboubakar and Adrian gave Porto a comfortable win. Not many chances for Villarreal but Casillas decided to try and punch the ball into his own goal from the penalty spot in the first half but unfortunately he just missed the post!

Well played Niall!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Divison b

Wolves 1 - 1 Porto (niallym)

Scrappy game this with both teams nullifying each other. wolves took the lead but Porto would battle back and equalise. There wasn't really any clear chances after that and a draw was a fair result. Great game Bud !

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Group B

Porto 3-3 Nantes

See saw of a game here. Nantes went up after 14 minutes. Porto equalised on 38 when the Nantes keeper kicked in to his own net. Second half, 1-2, 2-2, 3-2, 3-3. A gilt edged chance apiece for both sides to win it late on, but 3-3 at full time, a fair result in the end I reckon.
    Good game Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Boards League Knockout Stages

PES Champions Cup

IMG-20190302-150527.jpg

PES Shield

IMG-20190302-150450.jpg

Shield QF 1st leg

Palace 4 - 4 PSV

What a barnstormer of a match, both keepers were shocking and defending went out the window :D

Ramselaar opened the scoring for PSV on (9) before Zaha equalised for Palace on (43). They thought they were going into the dressing rooms level only for De Jong to edge PSV ahead once again on (45) and get PSV 2-1 up

Batshuayi got Palace back on even keel on (55) to make it 2-2, but just 6 minutes later Romero made it 3-2 to PSV on (61).

Chances both ends before De Jong made it 4-2 after (78). It looked to be curtains for Palace before they got a 2nd wind and 2 goals in 3 minutes Kouyate on (86) & Benteke on (89) levelled the game yet again.

PSV looked shellshocked and the game ended a draw.

GG Dan

Should be an interesting 2nd leg :)

Champions Cup First Leg

Benfica 1 - 3 Nantes

Bad scoreline for me given the way the game went. Started out with a goal from Jonas after 2 mins, and had most of the play first half with over 60 % posession and 4 shots to 0 in my favour.

Second half Nantes came into it more, and got the equaliser through Koulibaly on 60 mins. Was even enough then for most of the game but for some reason late on my defence decided to go walk about and I conceded twice, on 86 and 90 mins, wasn't even going attacking.

So not great in the end, but still all to play for in the second leg.

GG Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Sorry on my phone so report will be short!

Shield 2nd Leg

PSV 2-2 Crystal Palace

Game finished 2-2 but Palace go through as we tried a previous game which was abandoned due to really bad lag so I gave Palace a 2 goal start as he was winning the game at the time.

Another fantastic game with next to nothing between the sides. PSV took the lead but Palace bounced back with a quick equaliser and took the lead early in the 2nd half. PSV huffed and puffed and finally pulled a goal back late in the game to earn the draw. De Jong missed an absolute sitter from about 5 yards out while another effort somehow managed to be cleared off the line. Well played and good luck in the semi final.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Ajax 0 - 8 Wolves

No need for a second leg

I'm also announcing my retirement from the league, no point getting so far just to get my arse handed to me two years in a row

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

First leg
    Torino 6 real bettis 4
    Torino 2 up after 8mins. David lashed on the pressure and it was 4 2 at ht. Missed chances at both ends but Torino snuck it 6 4 at the end.
    Second leg
    Real bettis 2 Torino 2
    A very tough game with David bashing the Torino defence. A final kick in the but A for bettis at the end when through 1 on 1 after ripping the defence apart they hit the post. I'm knackered after that
    Good game david

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Villareal advance

West Ham 1 - 2 Villareal

Myself and AZ had played leg 1 on Sunday where he won 4-0, however it was marred by lag, so AZ without me asking no fly offered to scrap the result and go again mid week. However I only had time for 1 game, so decided on a winner takes all with this game.

West Ham went ahead early in this game through some good pressure, Arnie managing to evade a few tackles and poke into the bottom corner.
    The horrible happened then, villareal pounced on a mistake in defence and punished West Ham with a tidy finish, I believe we went into half time at 1-1.
    2nd half felt like I had a different team, everybody was so slow and always 2nd to the ball, not sure if it was down to AZ waking up or not, but he went 2-1 up early on in 2nd half, the rest of the game was 50/50 West Ham had a few scrappy chances near the end.

Well won fella, deserved anyway after the 1st game

• Advertisement

Quarter final 2nd leg

Nantes 2-2 Benfica

A great game this, filled with tension throughout. Benfica knew they had to come out of the blocks flying going into this with a 2 goal deficit, but It was Nantes who almost finished the tie in the first few minutes with a great chance for Coulibaly going wide. The game quickly settled into a rhythm where Benfica were having more ball and Nantes were looking to protect their lead and counter.

As this wore on Benfica got the goal their efforts deserved with a fine header from Jonas. The tie was now 3-2 overall and Benfica were rightly up for it now. First half ended 1-0 with Benfica not wanting half time to come, but they managed to make it 2-0 on the night shortly after halftime through another fine header, this time from Conti. Tie level at 3-3 and Nantes were most certainly shaking in their boots.

From kick off however, Nantes went straight up the pitch and made it 2-1 in the match and got their lead back. Coulibaly finishing well after some nice passes. Benfica then threw caution to the wind in search of the equaliser but were caught out again by Coulibaly after a mad Diego Carlos through ball put the big man clean through to slot home for 2-2. It finished like that and ended 5-3 to Nantes on aggregate. Great games Osh!

Advertisement