Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Yea it's more one I'd grab for 20-25 in argos in 6 months or something, we all have these little values we assign and yea it's not always easy to properly verbalise the reasons behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I said it was on it's way. I didn't say it was there! The important thing is that the journey of 2500 steps (I'll bite at 25 quid :D ) starts with a single price drop on a single store....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Couple of more details have been revealed about Ultra Street Fighter II

- It has an 'Arcade Mode', where you are playing a 1 player game against a CPU, with this mode enabled players online can challenge you during the game replicating the old arcade feel or someone putting their 20p down.

- 4 types of Ranked matches:

Quick Match – Searches for players able to fight without setting any conditions.
    Custom Match – Set conditions and search for a player that you want to fight against.
    Create Match – Create a lobby where you set the battle rules and such, and wait for the players that you want to fight against to join.
    Friend Match – Searches for players that you can fight against now from your registered friends list.

You can also play against someone locally using wireless i.e. sitting in a park with your Switch and it can detect if their is another user nearby.

From the information revealed and screenshots it does seem you can matchmake and potentially lobby from the system itself so it hopefully may be a sign that this controversial app may not be the singular way to organise those. I know it's a port of an older game but it has some nice new features and the classic mode is a nice touch. Playing on the go is a great new experience with this game as well, hopefully the price comes down a bit and matches up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I've seen 1-2 Switch for 45 Euro, so that's €2.30 a game ish?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

/\/ollog wrote: »
    http://ign.com/articles/2016/09/20/pokemon-company-ceo-confirms-support-for-nintendo-nx

Pokémon Co. CEO confirmed the then NX would get a Pokémon game.

This means Pokémon snap, ranger, battle arena, pokken. Who knows?

People confuse Pokémon game with Pokémon red, diamond etc.

Then there's the rumour. Pokémon sun and moon gets a third version as Pokémon stars on the switch by Christmas. That part is only a rumour.

Also, GameStop went with it. They never said "a Pokémon RPG" they said "play Pokémon at home". You could do that with an N64 if you owned Pokémon Stadium.

Was Pokemon Star not confirmed as being a Switch game? It's basically the Switch version of Sun/Moon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Nope, it's still a rumour.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

World of Goo, Little Inferno, Human Resource Machine are all going to be available on launch day.

Xenji wrote: »
    World of Goo, Little Inferno, Human Resource Machine are all going to be available on launch day.

9 games at launch now? Or 10.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

World of Goo is probably older than some of the people posting here, well it's 9 years old so not quite, but does it still represent a game to be trumpeted about?

Well it's a game on the Switch for launch day. We're in double digits!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    World of Goo is probably older than some of the people posting here, well it's 9 years old so not quite, but does it still represent a game to be trumpeted about?

Pipe down you! If it's an old game nobody wants to pay more than a tenner.😂

• Registered Users Posts: 19,576 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

I remember reading great reviews when it came out on Wii. Kept meaning to get my hands on it, but never did.

So I'm happy enough to see that, yep.

(Although the 9 years ago bit makes me feel a bit sick).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Think this will be my 1st Nintendo purchase since the Gameboy Color (still use it the odd time) Looking forward to abit of Mariocart with the family and some Zelda (never played before).

Hope they will make a good Pokemon game for it.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/super-bomberman-r-nintendo-switch-39-95-thegamecollection-2606871#post-comment
    Bomberman's journey continues!

Join me as we set sail for £20-25 by launch day!

Stuff like this seems to get lost in the main thread, so shove it here. Release schedule for the Nintendo Switch from launch and best places to buy it. Worth noting since the Switch is region free, you can indulge in imports from US/Japan to your hearts desire. You wanna import, two reccomended sites are

https://www.amazon.com
    https://www.videogamesplus.ca

Anyway, up to date as possible, though there's still 6 weeks to go till launch.

Release (3rd March)

Legend Of Zelda Breath Of The Wild
    1-2 Switch.
    Super Bomberman R
    Skylanders Imaginators
    Just Dance 2017
    World Of Goo (Digital)
    Little Inferno (Digital)
    Human Resource Machine (Digital)
    I am Setsuna (Digital)
    Binding Of Issac (Currently Digital but might change)

Launch Window/Spring

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (28th April)
    Arms
    Snipperclippers
    Has-Real Heroes
    Fast RMX
    Disagea 5
    Rime
    PuyoPuyo Tetris
    Binding Of Issac

Summer

Splatoon 2

Autumn

The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Holiday/Vague 2017 dates

Arcade Archives
    FIFA Switch
    Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers
    Dragonball Z Xenoverse 2
    Farming Simulator
    Fire Emblem Warriors
    Minecraft Story Mode The complete adventure
    Minecraft
    Rayman Legends Definitive edition
    Shin Megami Tensei
    Siberia 3
    Steep
    Project Sonic
    Sonic Mania
    Super Mario Odyssey
    Lego City Undercover
    Xenoblade 2
    Fire Emblem Warriors
    State Of Mind
    Monster Boy

Obviously this doesn't include stuff not announced or confirmed, Pokemon Stars, Smash Bros port, Rabbids/Mario RPG, etc. Or virtual console stuff, since they haven't announced or confirmed anything about it.

Looks about right to me. Still 4 weeks to announce virtual console stuff and more digital games.

My problem with that launch line up (apart from the lack of retail games) is well, they're available on other consoles. For much less. Nintendo doesn't seem like its compelling me to buy them for the Switch. Binding Of Issac was given away on PS+ already, for example, and half of them have been discounted or free on PS+/XBL/Steam whatever.

I dunno, we'll see. You could make the same argument for the endless stream of remasters we've been treated to this generation and quite a few of them have turned out well.

Binding Of Issac was given away on PS+ already, for example, and half of them have been discounted or free on PS+/XBL/Steam whatever.

In semi-defense of Binding of Isaac, its Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+, which was released on January 3rd, and it includes all previous content, and is the first time BoI has been made available physically. (in the US at least, no word yet on if we're getting a physical version)

Star Lord wrote: »
    In semi-defense of Binding of Isaac, its Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+, which was released on January 3rd, and it includes all previous content, and is the first time BoI has been made available physically. (in the US at least, no word yet on if we're getting a physical version)

True. But I'm sure its all been on steam before for a fraction of €40. You could probably say that about any multiplatform game though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'd love to buy Binding of Isaac for the Switch, despite having it on the PS4 and Vita.
    It's possibly going to do a CaveStory 3D and be a relatively limited and soon to be expensive physical release.
    I am hesitant to bring it in from the US due to taxes and customs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

True. But I'm sure its all been on steam before for a fraction of €40. You could probably say that about any multiplatform game though.

But can you play it while having a **** on the loo on a gaming pc ?.

I think not ;)

But can you play it while having a **** on the loo on a gaming pc ?.

I think not ;)

Yeah, Vita remote play is a thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Yeah, Vita remote play is a thing.

Sadly now the Vita screen is smaller then my phone ;). So a 7 inch tablet on the loo with rumble feedback ;).

I really still get over everyone forgetting that the Vita cost the same when it came out 5 years ago .....

I dunno, the idea of HD rumble feedback while sitting on the loo just sounds like a recipe for disaster. I expect after 6 months Nintendo will have to do a safety release, like they did on the Wii - instead of a wrist band, maybe some sort of an anal valve that stops your intestines from being shaken out of you during extended play sessions?

RE: cost of the Vita - but no one bought the Vita....

I bought a vita :( Haven't played it since 2015, but still.

Several people have been told by different Gamestop's that launch day games are getting low allocations and its best to pre order. Obviously Gamestop would say that, but it might be worth pre ordering anyway, specially for midnight launches.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Several people have been told by different Gamestop's that launch day games are getting low allocations and its best to pre order. Obviously Gamestop would say that, but it might be worth pre ordering anyway, specially for midnight launches.

Was told the same this morning when went into pay more on the Switch. I was also shown a list of accessories and I mentioned about the 20%, he hadn't a clue what I was talking about. I'm pretty sure it's only a selected few 3rd party ones though, despite some being told different. I think the staff in the store may be getting mixed up with showing the list to plug accessories and it being a list for the 20%, or something along those lines.

I'd a missed call from them yesterday, and couldn't get through when I got a chance to call back. Just got them on the phone, and it was to inform people about low allocations of games/accessories, so to let people know that they may be better off pre-ordering accessories if they wanted any.

C3iyVoOWYAEwLrq.png

Splatoon is between July and September then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Project Fist? I'm afraid to ask.

Advertisement