Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Civilization 6

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Apparently embargo on twitch and youtube lifts tomorrow - Quill18 will be streaming from 10:00am EDT.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

TB had a go and gives his impressions. Sounds great, and is more complex thatn previous games, which i was worried wasn't going to be the case.

Confirmed.

Sean Bean is voicing research, movements, etc., for the game.

http://www.pcgamer.com/sean-bean-civ-6/

This will not make me buy it. Is this maybe customisable with the voices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Not that I'm aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

The last 2 civ games were fully mod supported via steam workshop so I imagine there will be a very quick mod out to turn off the narrator

for example some people in Civ 5 didnt like the new narrator so replaced him with the narrator from Civ 4 (leonard Nimoy) in a mod as can be seen here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121611292&searchtext=leonard+nimoy

I imagine something similar will be along with Civ 6.

• Advertisement

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    The last 2 civ games were fully mod supported via steam workshop so I imagine there will be a very quick mod out to turn off the narrator

for example some people in Civ 5 didnt like the new narrator so replaced him with the narrator from Civ 4 (leonard Nimoy) in a mod as can be seen here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121611292&searchtext=leonard+nimoy

I imagine something similar will be along with Civ 6.

Nimoy was class

Unfortunately I don't have the time to spend on this or the machine to do it justice so I will give it a pass for a while.

How times change... I took a day off for the last civilization launch and I was one of the first in the world to get beyond the sword.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Shiminay wrote: »
    I think it's a testament to Civ V when you see the bigger YouTube strategy people like Quill18 still playing that and doing almost nothing beyond what I'm sure was promotional partnership content for Beyond Earth. It's my highest played/most hours game on Steam for a reason :)

I've never played a Civ game.

IS V something I should probably look at(considering its probably cheaper and bundled in upcoming sales) or is the latest installment maybe a better shout?

Stupid Warcraft expansion taking up all my time, but I'm starting to get a hankering to go back to my routes to strategic single player games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

TheDoc wrote: »

IS V something I should probably look at(considering its probably cheaper and bundled in upcoming sales) or is the latest installment maybe a better shout?

Stupid Warcraft expansion taking up all my time, but I'm starting to get a hankering to go back to my routes to strategic single player games.

Civ 3 was the best IMO. Then 5. Skip 4... beyond earth wasn't bad, but for a alpha centauri reboot, it sucked gandhi's balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

It looks like Civ6 is worth waiting for, unless the price difference between it and Civ5+expansions makes a significant difference to you.

Early reviews and reports are suggestion 6 is the better game, and there'd be little point in having both.

• Advertisement

Civ 3 was the best IMO. Then 5. Skip 4... beyond earth wasn't bad, but for a alpha centauri reboot, it sucked gandhi's balls.

Civ 2, the Culture advisor

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Just pre-ordered this on Steam.

Bring back the city council advisors!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

oh
    my
    god

Goodshape wrote: »
    It looks like Civ6 is worth waiting for, unless the price difference between it and Civ5+expansions makes a significant difference to you.

Early reviews and reports are suggestion 6 is the better game, and there'd be little point in having both.

I guess I just figure that Civ 5 and expansions will get a good discount in the winter sale, but I might actually hold off for this version.

I like the visual style and there seems to be some significant changes. It's a game I've always wanted to get into, so might be better getting into the latest version when everyone else is playing it

Im just pissed this is out the same day as Battlefield 1. This gets priority for me though. Have both on preorder :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Just received my key from GreenManGaming, including the Aztec Civilization pack. :) Pre-loaded and my body is ready for Thursday at midnight. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'm eyeing up getting this on Amazon digitally (the deluxe edition) as it is considerably cheaper

£60 on Amazon (which is like €67)... on Steam its €79.99

Does anyone have any feedback on getting digital games from Amazon? Do the email the key at exactly midnight?

Will this game have any pre-loading?

I need some advice. I normally get my PC games as discs but dont want to wait this time :/

EDIT: Actually, just read Falthyron post.... might use that site instead.... are they very reliable and above board?

When does this come out, dont think I get paid until next week :(

21st

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Cormac... wrote: »
    EDIT: Actually, just read Falthyron post.... might use that site instead.... are they very reliable and above board?

Quite possibly one of the most reliable and safe key-selling sites out there. I have used them for years and never had an issue. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I know I'm everything that's wrong with gaming, but I hard a hard day.

I pre-ordered.

The digital deluxe edition.:o

I don't want to have to wait on Friday after work.

It'll be straight into my underpants and then ensconcing myself in front of the computer until 6 am Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

In my infinite wisdom, I (a month ago, well after I knew Civ 6 was coming out this weekend) scheduled a Scout camp for the entire weekend that I have to go on.

Dave, you f*cking tool, you've surpassed yourself this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Haven't used GreenManGaming myself but it's a couple euro cheaper (€62.09 for the "Digital Deluxe" version) on CDKeys, and I've used them plenty - http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/sid-meiers-civilization-vi-6-digital-deluxe-pc-steam-cd-key

What you're purchasing is a Steam product key, which you paste into Steam and download the game as normal from there.

It's out on Friday.

Can I just get some more info from you guys about how unreleased DLC Works on these Key Selling sites?

Is it like a "Season Pass" where you get key for core game, key for pre-order DLC and key for Season Pass which covers 4 downloads and is linked to your steam account right from the off?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Games I've purchased in the past have provided a key for the main game and then a second key for season pass DLC. You can usually see the DLC once activated as 'added' in your steam library under the main game but obviously no install option until it is actually released.

I've used Kinguin and G2A in the past with no issues but now only use Greenman.

Might go with greenman myself for this, only want the base game, not interested in the Deluxe at this point

I ordered it there off Green man, was showing as €64 for deluxe, when I went to checkout it was €59.99.

Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Can I just get some more info from you guys about how unreleased DLC Works on these Key Selling sites?

Depends on the game. For Fallout 4, base game and season pass were two separate keys. For Civ, digital deluxe is all one key, while the Aztecs are separate.
    I ordered it there off Green man, was showing as €64 for deluxe, when I went to checkout it was €59.99.

Happy days!

Same here - even more of a saving compared to Amazon's approximate €67!

• Advertisement

Back of the net!

Advertisement