Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Warhammer: Total War

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Seriously pissed me off with that Pre Order DLC bs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

it's six months away though, if it was a day one dlc i'd be complaining - i dont see the harm in extra dlc for a preorder, i'd have preordered it anyway so happy days for me, even though i'll probably never play chaos

But you're paying for something that's already in the game, its not extra content.

These Chaos arnt the main faction chaos which will be in a later expansion, they are NPC which will be in the single player campaign.

I hate pre order and micro transactions in games which you have already payed full price for.

But you're paying for something that's already in the game, its not extra content.

These Chaos arnt the main faction chaos which will be in a later expansion, they are NPC which will be in the single player campaign.

I hate pre order and micro transactions in games which you have already payed full price for.

No you're not, you're buying the game prior to release and getting bonus content which may after launch be sold as DLC separate from the game, or it may not and may be exclusive to preorders. Either way you get the content for no extra fee when you preorder.

I don't like microtransactions either but this isn't a microtransaction.

edit: The preorder bonus is as follows according to steam
    Total War: WARHAMMER - Chaos Warriors Race Pack
    The Chaos Warriors Race Pack brings a new race with its own new Legendary Lords, units, mounts, items, quest chains and mechanics to Total War™: WARHAMMER®.

Three new playable Legendary Lords.
    New Chaos Warrior mounts, units and monsters.
    New quests, magic items and abilities.
    New horde campaign playstyle.

Lay waste to the Old World as the dreaded Chaos Warriors. This Pack includes a full roster of bloodthirsty units, terrifying mounts and monstrous creatures. Lead the corrupted Chaos hordes as one of three new playable Legendary Lords. Embrace the Ruinous Powers as you embark on brand new quest chains, unlocking powerful items and gaining glory in the name of the dark Chaos Gods.

Beyond Kislev, beyond Troll Country, beyond even the barren Norsca Peninsula lies a land shrouded in darkness, frozen in an unnatural, never-ending winter. Here, the mortal realm and the immaterial realm of Chaos overlap, creating an uncontrollable gateway to that infernal dimension from which all manner of nightmarish creatures spew forth.

It is a place where few mortals have dared to venture, and even fewer have returned. The wild people that live in the lands to the south are devout in their worship of the Chaos Gods and many seek to journey north and offer themselves up to become tools of their will. Those that do survive this unholy pilgrimage and live to tell the tale are irreversibly altered. Clad in dark armour bearing the dread marks of ruinous favour, possessed of an unwavering resolve to carry out the will of their malevolent deities, with the indomitable Archaon the Everchosen as their leader, these are the mighty Chaos Warriors!

This pack makes the entire Chaos Warrior race from the main game playable in the Grand Campaign and multiplayer matches; as well as adding entirely new Legendary Lords, Lords, Heroes, Units, Magic Items and more.

Three new Legendary Lords.
    Lead the Chaos Warriors as one of three new Legendary Lords, each with their own unique bonuses:

Sigvald the Magnificent:

Beautiful from birth, Sigvald’s fondness for hedonistic excess saw him exiled from his tribe but also gained him a powerful patron: Slaanesh. Now, he heads an army devoted to himself. Slaying anything he deems ugly or unsavoury, he fights as much for his perverse ego as he does for Slaanesh.

Kholek Suneater:

Kholek Suneater is a formidable figure to behold. A gigantic Dragon Ogre, believed by many to be the second eldest of all Dragon Ogres, he towers over the battlefield swinging his gigantic hammer with ease. He is considered by some to be a God.

Archaon the Everchosen:

A former Sigmarite Templar, Archaon stumbled upon an ancient doctrine that contained within the secrets of his faith. Renouncing his allegiance to Sigmar he journeyed north to the dreaded Chaos Wastes to offer his service to the Chaos Gods. Here, the Ruinous Powers gave him their blessing to set out on his quest to become the Everchosen; the Lord of the End Times.

New Horde playstyle
    Introduces Horde-style gameplay to Total War: WARHAMMER, allowing the Chaos Warriors to raze enemy settlements and set up encampments anywhere, taking their war spoils with them. The armies of Chaos rest only when exhaustion halts their marching, leaving nothing but corruption and ash in their wake.
    New units, buildings, items and technologies.
    Unlock new units, buildings and technologies. Seek out the powerful Artefacts of Chaos and become true Herald of the Apocalypse.
    Spread corruption in the name of Chaos!
    The foul energies that drive the Chaos Warriors leave ripples that permeate any place they pass through, influencing the populace. Use this to spread dissent amongst the enemies of Chaos, creating cultist uprisings through the proliferation of dark worship.

Key Units:

Chaos Warriors.

No longer fully human, the Chaos Warriors have been altered to become living weapons, honed perfectly to do their dark masters’ work. Imbued with the strength of chaos, enrobed in dark hell-forged armour, they can best several mortal warriors easily. They have no need for food, drink, sleep or other mortal comforts, subsisting on carnage alone.

Chaos Dragon (Mount).

Once, these great beasts sailed the skies as their brethren still do. Now, corrupted by change, these two-headed dragons are malevolent predators in their own right. One head spews forth dark flame, the other corrosive gas. Only the most powerful can ride such a monster, and even then it is only a temporary alliance, Chaos Dragons can never be tamed.

Forsaken.

Once proud men, their long-standing service to the Chaos Gods has left them altered. Where once they killed in the name of ambition and glory, their mutations have made them something less than human. Now they fight, whirlwinds of flailing flesh, hair and claw, only to satisfy their unending, unnatural hunger.

Dragon Ogres.

These magnificent, terrible beasts are amongst the most ancient and impressive of all living creatures. Their immortality is a gift from the Chaos Gods, given in exchange for an eternity of dark servitude. Seeking out lightning, they swing their gigantic weapons with ease, cleaving all but the most powerful warriors to ribbons.

Gorebeast Chariot.

A massive construction of hell-forged metal, mutant beast and jagged blade, the Gorebeast Chariot is ridden by some of the most powerful Warriors of Chaos and serves a single purpose: to shatter enemy lines with unstoppable force.

Hellcannon

The Hellcannon is a massive artifice of metal and daemonic power that hurls bolts of raw arcane energy across the battlefield, vaporising anything in range. Part war machine, part Daemon, this infernal construct is powered by the liquefied remains of fallen enemies and operated by a sturdy crew of Chaos Dwarfs.

Full Unit Roster:

Legendary Lords:

Archaon the Everchosen – Melee/Caster (Lore of Fire) (Race Leader)
    Prince Sigvald – Melee
    Kholek Suneater – Melee

Lords:

Chaos Sorcerer Lord – Caster (Lore of Death, Metal or Fire)
    Chaos Lord – Melee

Heroes:

Chaos Sorcerer – Caster (Lore of Death, Metal or Fire)
    Exalted Hero – Melee

Mounts:

Dorghar, Archaon’s War Horse (Archaon only)
    Gorebeast Chariot
    Manticore
    Chaos Dragon
    Chaos Steed
    Chaos Chariot
    Barded Chaos Steed

Melee Infanty:

Chaos Marauders
    Chaos Marauders (Great Weapons)
    Chaos Warriors
    Chaos Warriors (Great Weapons)
    Chaos Warriors (Halberds)
    Chosen
    Chosen (Great Weapons)
    Chosen (Halberds)
    Forsaken

Melee Monstrous Infantry:

Dragon Ogres
    Chaos Spawn
    Chaos Trolls
    Chaos Trolls (Armoured)

Melee War Beasts:

Chaos Warhounds
    Chaos Warhounds (Poison)

Melee Monsters:

Dragon Ogre Shaggoth
    Chaos Giant

Melee Cavalry:

Chaos Knights
    Chaos Knights (Lances)

Missile Cavalry:

Marauder Horsemen
    Marauder Horsemen (Throwing Axes)

Vehicles:

Chaos Chariot
    Gorebeast Chariot

Artillery:

Hellcannon

That's a pretty hefty preorder bonus imo

So a Day One DLC which is bull****.

I love Warhammer, i have Pre order so i feel im being blackmailed into getting Pre Order for Chaos which would be one of my favorite factions.

• Advertisement

If ye are preordering anyway you're getting this on top of the vanilla game. Tbh it's over 6 months from release anyway, so hang on til Christmas or January before ye put anything down on it - that preorder will be there until the minute before release anyway and maybe even after that too. Loads of time

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

All these pre-order bonuses, faction DLC, ect are the norm for the total war games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Oh, that's OK then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Anybody going to splash out for the grudge-bearer edition? Think it works out at close to €170!! Might end up picking mine up in a bricks and mortar shop, wouldnt mind getting the steel case edition. Will have to wait and see the price difference though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

As much as im looking forward to this not a chance in hell im going to preorder.

I preordered Rome 2 and regretted it. Even though its good now it took a long time to get there. Ill wait a month or two with this one to see how the release pans out before buying it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ayrtonf7 wrote: »
    Anybody going to splash out for the grudge-bearer edition? Think it works out at close to €170!! Might end up picking mine up in a bricks and mortar shop, wouldnt mind getting the steel case edition. Will have to wait and see the price difference though.
    Grudgebringers you mean? Does that version even exist or was it just fnboys fantasizing about it in the forums? I see Ragnars Wolves are a unit in the final game though, they used to ride with the Grudgebringers in Shadow of the Horned Rat and Dark Omen.

Thargor wrote: »
    Grudgebringers you mean? Does that version even exist or was it just fnboys fantasizing about it in the forums? I see Ragnars Wolves are a unit in the final game though, they used to ride with the Grudgebringers in Shadow of the Horned Rat and Dark Omen.

tww_hke_array_simple.jpg

This is what I meant.

Oh nice, never saw that before, that horn would look good on top of my fantasy bookcase...

Oh nice, never saw that before, that horn would look good on top of my fantasy bookcase...

It all looks good for sure! Honestly would've preffered some sort of statue as opposed to a drinking horn. I'm just finding it hard to shell out for it. Will have to wait and see closer to the time if I have that much cash lying around.

Its worth waiting till closer to release to pre-order? Tbh I dont normally buy games on release hence the uncertainty. I only ever really buy games that are two or three years old plus/when they come up on steam sales.

The chances of them releasing this in a well balanced state that doesn't need weeks and months of patching are very low.

The chances of them releasing this in a well balanced state that doesn't need weeks and months of patching are very low.

I dunno, they got a hammering after Rome2 and had to release a load of new free content and fix everything they made of a bollix of (i preordered that too and i wasnt happy with it on day one, or even day 351) If they haven't learned from that i'd be very surprised.

I assume we are talking about unit balancing? OR do you mean something else when you say it wasn't balanced? Wouldn't bother me to much if that was the case, Id be sticking with single player for the foreseeable future anyways.
    I dunno, they got a hammering after Rome2 and had to release a load of new free content and fix everything they made of a bollix of (i preordered that too and i wasnt happy with it on day one, or even day 351) If they haven't learned from that i'd be very surprised.

What about Atilla? How was that after launch?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Fool me once... shame on... shame on you. Fool me... you can't get fooled again

Ayrtonf7 wrote: »
    I assume we are talking about unit balancing? OR do you mean something else when you say it wasn't balanced? Wouldn't bother me to much if that was the case, Id be sticking with single player for the foreseeable future anyways.

What about Atilla? How was that after launch?

pretty decent actually, compared to rome2 it was a perfect launch

They are getting so much negative press over this, there is a good chance it will be changed. Its got 18k down votes on YT.

Ive no problem with the likes of The High King kind of stuff, its just when they have a whole faction, which 80% of the player base will want to play and a Pre Order DLC 6 months before the game is even released is a complete disgrace.

If i dont buy it now then what? 8 euro extra after release?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I think I could have forgiven a Chaos Dwarves Day One DLC. Or maybe a Squats crossover.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭blackwave

New Trailer for the Greenskins

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

As long as there's no "realm divided" ****e like in shogun then I'm happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Greenskins campaign gameplay walkthrough;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Another campaign map preview;

Really looking forward to this now. To the point where i've been tempted to pre-order or pick it up on release. Trying to stay strong though.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Really looking forward to this now. To the point where i've been tempted to pre-order or pick it up on release. Trying to stay strong though.:pac:

As much as I would love to get it on release day. I've learned my lesson at this point on buying Total War games before they've had a couple of big patches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Frisbee wrote: »
    As much as I would love to get it on release day. I've learned my lesson at this point on buying Total War games before they've had a couple of big patches.

I agree!

Still have memories of the Rome 2 pre-order. Might have turned out to be a great game in the end, but by then you'll probably get a better value, "game of the year" version anyway. Win Win

Yes my experience with the Rome 2 pre-order is pretty much what stopped me pre-ordering this, as tempting as it was. I do hope the release goes well though as i'd hate to have to wait nearly a year before the game is playable like with Rome 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I found that whole overworld and interface a bit bland :/

Was hoping for it to be more Fantastic in the literal sense of the word

Advertisement