Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High quality bed, mattress and headboard

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭KazDub

Hi,
    I've been looking at buying a King size Wellbeing pure gel bed from Harvey Norman. Had been thinking of the '23' model, but the '25' is now reduced in the sale. I have a bad back and need good support in my mattress and also want one that will stop me rolling down into the centre of the bed, as our current one does. I'm also looking for a good, sturdy bedframe, one with a headboard but nothing at the foot end. Something up to the impact of three kids bouncing up and down on the bed!
    Do you carry the Wellbeing range or something similar? Would you have any bedframes (preferable a natural or not too dark colour) that fit the description?

• Company Representative Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

hi big mickey, or any previous customers, how much of a discount is given at the sale, say if it a grand now what kind of price would i be looking at ? im hoping to get a super king in the feb sale but all depends on price ?

Hi firestarter51

Apologies for delay in getting back to you as we were in Uk since Sunday until yesterday. Slutmonkey57b has answered you as good as I could heve myself. We have complete superking beds from €299 (bed,mattress and headboard). We always advise customers to try before you buy. A bed is such an important purchase and if it's for your own use that you should at least try out several different models. We have hundreds of superking beds in stock all the time. WE probably sell the most superkings in Ireland and we also have all the bedding to fit them at knockdown prices too. Give a call and we will get you sorted.

Also due to go to Cork in the next week or so with other deliveries. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

Hi firestarter51

Apologies for delay in getting back to you as we were in Uk since Sunday until yesterday. Slutmonkey57b has answered you as good as I could heve myself. We have complete superking beds from €299 (bed,mattress and headboard). We always advise customers to try before you buy. A bed is such an important purchase and if it's for your own use that you should at least try out several different models. We have hundreds of superking beds in stock all the time. WE probably sell the most superkings in Ireland and we also have all the bedding to fit them at knockdown prices too. Give a call and we will get you sorted.

Hi,

Would you have a link to these super king beds including base ,mattress and headboard for €299. Thanks

KazDub wrote: »
    Hi,
    I've been looking at buying a King size Wellbeing pure gel bed from Harvey Norman. Had been thinking of the '23' model, but the '25' is now reduced in the sale. I have a bad back and need good support in my mattress and also want one that will stop me rolling down into the centre of the bed, as our current one does. I'm also looking for a good, sturdy bedframe, one with a headboard but nothing at the foot end. Something up to the impact of three kids bouncing up and down on the bed!
    Do you carry the Wellbeing range or something similar? Would you have any bedframes (preferable a natural or not too dark colour) that fit the description?

Hi KazDub

We have over a thousand beds in stock all the time. We don't stock the brand that you have asked about but we have many others. Our sister company stock Harrison. You will find alot of positive reports on boards about them. They are not cheap but they are the Rolls Royce of beds.

We also have a high quality range called Mayfair. They are manufactured in UK for us to NBF (National Bed Federation) standards. You have to see these.

Then we have all the other brands like Silentnight, Sealy, Rest Assured, Best Rest and so on. As regards frames, would it be something like the Condor on www.bigmickey.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Hi firestarter51

the ones i like on your site are fiono and vega, do you stock something similar in superking ?
    im planning to call up on the friday morning on your next sale day

• Advertisement

the ones i like on your site are fiono and vega, do you stock something similar in superking ?
    im planning to call up on the friday morning on your next sale day

Yes and can also get any bed custom made for you to your liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Hi,

Just found the thread.

Looking to get two wooden frame beds with ortho matresses in Rathmines area.

Bout 4'6

What can you recommend.

Looking at something similar to this we were going to buy today

http://www.harveynorman.ie/bedroom/beds/wooden-beds/wentworth-double-bed-frame-4ft6.html

shivers27 wrote: »
    Hi,

Would you have a link to these super king beds including base ,mattress and headboard for €299. Thanks

Hi

We have so many different ones to choose from. Most of the ones for €299 are either Airsprung or Silentnight. Example of the link below. Normally €1089.99 now €544.99 in Argos but always €299 with us for beds similar to this. .

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3258251/Trail/searchtext%3EAIRSPRUNG+SUPERKING+BED.htm

The wrappers on our stock may be torn from moving but the beds are generally perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭_Jumper_

Looking to get two wooden frame beds

Wooden bed frames look lovely but they're a pita.

Depending on yor height, you'll hit your head, mash your toes, if the corners are fancy/elaborate yokes you'll have bruised legs for a month till you get use to giving them a wide berth in the room and for same reason they're downright dodgy if you have very young kids as they will at some stage run into them.

_Jumper_ wrote: »
    Wooden bed frames look lovely but they're a pita.

Depending on yor height, you'll hit your head, mash your toes, if the corners are fancy/elaborate yokes you'll have bruised legs for a month till you get use to giving them a wide berth in the room and for same reason they're downright dodgy if you have very young kids as they will at some stage run into them.

No kids, nice apartment in Rathmines with wooden floors and more importantly the missus wants them so theyll be bought

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

Are you still running this deal? If so I want to order.
    http://www.donedeal.ie/bedroom-for-sale/bargain-bargain-bargain/7235063
    This is a once off offer while stocks last.. The headboard offered is a Stuart Jones Wave leather headboard. Google it and see what the prices are in all the big shops. What we are offering the complete bed for |(base, mattress and headboard) is the price some of the big shops are charging for the headboard alone. Free delivery to Kerry also.

Hi,

Just found the thread.

Looking to get two wooden frame beds with ortho matresses in Rathmines area.

Bout 4'6

What can you recommend.

Looking at something similar to this we were going to buy today

http://www.harveynorman.ie/bedroom/beds/wooden-beds/wentworth-double-bed-frame-4ft6.html

Hi Mr. Incognito

We got containers in yesterday but it will be Monday before we have all sorted. I know there are Kingsize frames in it that will be €150 but not sue if there are doubles. Thanks

percy212 wrote: »
    Are you still running this deal? If so I want to order.
    http://www.donedeal.ie/bedroom-for-sale/bargain-bargain-bargain/7235063

There will be a price increase next week due to sterling highs. When we offered these before sterling was €1.14 and now it's € 1.32 so a price increase is definately on the way in the next few days. We only have the headboard that is in the picture in Kingsize and Superkingsize but we have lots of other Stuart Jones ones that we can offer you instead if you need a double.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

Yeah, I need a double. Any other headboard is fine. I got a nice suede one from you before that had panels that leaned forward for reading etc. V nice. If you can send me a link to a headboard you could offer I can pay you over the phone tomorrow or Monday to secure the price. Thanks!
    There will be a price increase next week due to sterling highs. When we offered these before sterling was €1.14 and now it's € 1.32 so a price increase is definately on the way in the next few days. We only have the headboard that is in the picture in Kingsize and Superkingsize but we have lots of other Stuart Jones ones that we can offer you instead if you need a double.

percy212 wrote: »
    Yeah, I need a double. Any other headboard is fine. I got a nice suede one from you before that had panels that leaned forward for reading etc. V nice. If you can send me a link to a headboard you could offer I can pay you over the phone tomorrow or Monday to secure the price. Thanks!

Thanks. If you e mail us at info@bigmickey.ie we can send you a selection of pictures of double headboards. Thanks again.

Hi Mr. Incognito

We got containers in yesterday but it will be Monday before we have all sorted. I know there are Kingsize frames in it that will be €150 but not sue if there are doubles. Thanks

Drop me a pm when you know

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

Hi, looking to get a Silent night miracle 3 Holbein in double size, are they in stock and what price if so?

Hi, looking to get a Silent night miracle 3 Holbein in double size, are they in stock and what price if so?

Hi Hugo_Whoriskey

We only had this model in Kingsize. Do you know this mattress already ? We can recommend something similar but we always recommend to all our customers to try before you buy. What area are you from ? Can you call to try if not we may be able to call to you with a selection depending on where you live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Hi, any deal on a 'small double' bedframe and mattress?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

Hi Hugo_Whoriskey

We only had this model in Kingsize. Do you know this mattress already ? We can recommend something similar but we always recommend to all our customers to try before you buy. What area are you from ? Can you call to try if not we may be able to call to you with a selection depending on where you live.

Yeah I have one of them on another bed already, what do you have that's similar? I'm living in Rathgar, Dublin. Thanks

• Advertisement

Yeah I have one of them on another bed already, what do you have that's similar? I'm living in Rathgar, Dublin. Thanks

Best Rest 1000 pocket non memory @ €399. If anything it should be better and it's also twin sided so it should have a longer life. The Holbein is a non turn mattress.

We have had a price increase last week from Best Rest and also sterling is not in our favour these days so a price increase will be applied to this product within the next couple of days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭_Jumper_

Best Rest 1000 pocket non memory @ €399. If anything it should be better and it's also twin sided so it should have a longer life. The Holbein is a non turn mattress.

Are all the "best" mattresses not non turn?

Harrisons/Rolls Royce of beds are non turn?

_Jumper_ wrote: »
    Are all the "best" mattresses not non turn?

Harrisons/Rolls Royce of beds are non turn?

All bed manfacturer's make both turnable and non turn including Harrison.

Hi Mr. Incognito

Any update? Looking to purchase for delivery this weekend.

Any update? Looking to purchase for delivery this weekend.[/QUOTE

Is it dark wood like in the link that you want that you posted that you want ? We have 2 models in dark wood (mahogny colour) that I can do for you for €250 each. We would have a better selection of lighter wood beds though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Can you recommend a good value king size mattress?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Pacifico wrote: »
    Can you recommend a good value king size mattress?

Thanks

I'm looking for this also. I'm wondering too if you have a business premises that I could call in to have a look?

Thanks,
    Glenn.

Any update? Looking to purchase for delivery this weekend.[/QUOTE

Is it dark wood like in the link that you want that you posted that you want ? We have 2 models in dark wood (mahogny colour) that I can do for you for €250 each. We would have a better selection of lighter wood beds though.

Do you have a pic of the mahogony?

We are looking at two astro beds in 4'6

http://www.bigmickey.ie/shop/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=1907

For mattresses we would like something orthopedic but no springs.

What would you recommend? Looking for a deal all in for delivery to Rathmines this weekend or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭konline

Hi BigMickey, I am looking for a Small Double Divan Bed (optional two drawers) with an Extra Firm Mattress and a Headboard. I see Hilton Divan bed on your website.
    Can you please recommend a good quality one and give me a decent price, like you are doing for many here?
    Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Can I get a price on a double Hilton 2000 mattress, do you stock them? Thanks!

Advertisement