Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about 2nd mission in combat evolved...

• 12-09-2014 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

Question for those of you that might remember.

On the 2nd mission "Halo" there is a tricky bit where you have to fight off 4 covenant dropships and defend the marines. I'm on legendary and this is proving difficult. Do I need to prevent the marines from dying or will I fail the mission?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Not at all they can all die and you will still pass the mission. On Legendary they are best seen as nothing more than mobile ammo caches anyway. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Yeah I let them go to an early grave. It didn't seem to matter :)

Also its true, they are good for ammo and also that better weapon when you accidentally melee them :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,074 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

There's an achievement in Halo 4 where you have to try keep a bunch of them alive and on a higher difficulty in one of the missions. By the end I just started shooting them myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

quarryman wrote: »
    Yeah I let them go to an early grave. It didn't seem to matter :)

Also its true, they are good for ammo and also that better weapon when you accidentally melee them :)

Yes. . . accidentally. ;) By all means keep them alive if you can, they can be great distractions. Just don't put yourself at risk.
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    There's an achievement in Halo 4 where you have to try keep a bunch of them alive and on a higher difficulty in one of the missions. By the end I just started shooting them myself.

Yeah it's in Spartan ops for keeping at least one alive on heroic or higher.

Advertisement