Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cities: Skylines

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Though Cities in Motion 2 is good and quite in depth, its not without its bugs and graphical flaws.

I remain cautious about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Gotta love seeing Paradox full on slap EA in the face with the trailer, specifically the play offline bit, modding mention and then that pan shot showing the huge map thats gonna be available, cannot wait for this

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Though Cities in Motion 2 is good and quite in depth, its not without its bugs and graphical flaws.

This is very true but Maxis badly need competition other than the rather unfortunate Cities XL in this sub-genre. It may make EA step up their game a nice bit if they lose some market share.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Big fan of Cities in Motion 2. Some of the small bugs were very annoying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Gotta say, this is looking promising.
    Really looking forward to it. Won't be a day one buy tho. After Sim city them days are over.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aqQ0fNy0KZU

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cant wait for this :) looks amazing

Looks like this has proper terrain editing tools. One of the best bits of sim city 4 was creating a map you like. I used to have some zones as ocean and some as mountains etc. Then build massive cities on a collection of zones and some rural zones. Like a small country. Hopefully this will offer something similar.

Plus it seems to have city ordinances like sim city 4 had. I was expecting a big improvement in the newest sim city with them but they took them out altogether!

God, I hate that game so much

I read they were thinking of having a same sex marriage one but they werent sure if it would make the final game!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Tempted to pre order off steam as it 28 but I'll hold off I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Julez

About €15 on Nuuvem.

http://community.simtropolis.com/topic/65942-simtropolis-qa-about-cities-skylines-with-paradox-interactive/

Q & A with Paradox interactive.

No regions which is a bit disappointing for me but not a deal breaker by any means.

Modding tools available from launch which is great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Great stuff. The more I read about the game and developer the better this sounds.

Really looking forward to this

The Video Embargo for Reviewers and streamers was lifted yesterday. After watching some streams, it looks brilliant !

Its everything a city builder/management game should be! and more !

Roll on the 10th !

Korvanica wrote: »
    The Video Embargo for Reviewers and streamers was lifted yesterday. After watching some streams, it looks brilliant !

Its everything a city builder/management game should be! and more !

Roll on the 10th !

Was watching a few on twitch yesterday. None of them had any massive issues with the game from what I seen. All seemed to be enjoying it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Likewise it looks impressive on streams.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

€22 on Gamesplanet

It's about €17 on Nuuvem but you'll need a VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Not since Sim City 4 have I been tempted to dip my toes back into the city simulation genre, but I fear my toes are about to get wet.

Not since Sim City 4 have I been tempted to dip my toes back into the city simulation genre, but I fear my toes are about to get wet.

I almost totally lost faith in game devs after that fiasco.
    Everyone should be entitled to a refund.

Cannot stop watching the streams, probably will grab it off GMG today using their march 20% discount

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Really looking forward to this. There hasn't been a decent city builder since Sim City 4 imo. I tried Cities XXXL a couple of weeks back and it was pure muck.

• Advertisement

VinLieger wrote: »
    Cannot stop watching the streams, probably will grab it off GMG today using their march 20% discount

Is there a code for this ? Or is it automatic ?

Korvanica wrote: »
    Is there a code for this ? Or is it automatic ?

Theres a code on their front page you cant miss it, just used it for Cities and Hotline Miami 2 but its only good until about 4 today though

VinLieger wrote: »
    Theres a code on their front page you cant miss it, just used it for Cities and Hotline Miami 2 but its only good until about 4 today though

Sound, ordered. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Very tempted to pick this up. Its years since i really played a sim game like this (maybe even as far back as Sim City 2000), but the streams looks excellent and i could do with something slower paced. Its out on the 10th, yeah?

Kiith wrote: »
    Very tempted to pick this up. Its years since i really played a sim game like this (maybe even as far back as Sim City 2000), but the streams looks excellent and i could do with something slower paced. Its out on the 10th, yeah?

Yep, 10th.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭Wossack

its looking great - but so did sc5 at this stage! burnt before, so will hold out to see how reviews look

Benn watching quills streams, very impressed and can't wait too play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Looks nice indeed and just start messing about in SC4 again. Hopefully this will live up to expectations.

Wossack wrote: »
    its looking great - but so did sc5 at this stage! burnt before, so will hold out to see how reviews look

It was evident after a few hours of playing SC it wasnt anything like they promised and had serious issues.
    Skylines has been streamed for well over a week now and nothing but positive feedback so fingers crossed.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    It was evident after a few hours of playing SC it wasnt anything like they promised and had serious issues.
    Skylines has been streamed for well over a week now and nothing but positive feedback so fingers crossed.

I was dead set against pre-ordering due to the sim city debacle but with all the streams going that look awesome plus Paradoxes pedigree in DLC and mod support i decided to break my rule

Advertisement