Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Ninty Gets!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Finally picked up a Pokemon Typing Adventure to see if this Bluetooth Keyboard is all it's cracked up to be, also grabbed Dragon Quest 9 for a fiver in Argos too. Now to find a Steel Diver and I'll be set for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Cant recommend steel diver, thought it was rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

cloud493 wrote: »

Cant find it anywhere :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

isnt steel diver f2p now

isnt steel diver f2p now

Yeah, I just like physical copies

• Advertisement

cloud493 wrote: »

one for the pile that's all.

one for the pile that's all.

You better believe it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

'You sunk my battleship.'

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Steel Diver started out as a tech demo given out free at a trade show on the DS, then the game rom escaped and remains playable via dodgy flash card.
    The 3DS game is not that bad, probably needs to be loved little bit more, it has some issues but it's fun, especially at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Finally picked up a Pokemon Typing Adventure to see if this Bluetooth Keyboard is all it's cracked up to be, also grabbed Dragon Quest 9 for a fiver in Argos too. Now to find a Steel Diver and I'll be set for a while.

Be interested to hear about the quality of the bluetooth keyboard. Was considering it for my tablet and smart TV.

• Advertisement

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Be interested to hear about the quality of the bluetooth keyboard. Was considering it for my tablet and smart TV.

Still figuring out the kinks myself as I am trying to pair it with a Galaxy Note 10.1 and a Kobo Arc, will look up again later on how to do this and will update.

I got it to pair with my phone/nexus extremely easy. Hold FN when you turn the KB on then search for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

And in terms of actualy quality, is it any good?
    Like you're paying a tenner for the game and the keyboard so for that cheap, I'd nearly expect it to be made of cardboard and fall apart at the slightest touch!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The Keyboard is a solid chicklet style keyboard, very nice indeed.

I picked up Super Princess Peach today, only €12 in CEX Santry.
    I also picked up a current gen console that is inappropriate to mention in Nintendo territory, suffice it to say that my WiiU won't be neglected, I promise!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The Keyboard is a solid chicklet style keyboard, very nice indeed.

I picked up Super Princess Peach today, only €12 in CEX Santry.
    I also picked up a current gen console that is inappropriate to mention in Nintendo territory, suffice it to say that my WiiU won't be neglected, I promise!
    i-turn-my-back-on-you-o.gif

The_B_Man wrote: »
    And in terms of actualy quality, is it any good?
    Like you're paying a tenner for the game and the keyboard so for that cheap, I'd nearly expect it to be made of cardboard and fall apart at the slightest touch!

Don't forget this was once a full priced game. With a bigger tag. As for the keyboard, I find it to be perfect for what I need/want.

EDIT: I'm using it now, with my laptop across the room and it's working perfect. The keys feels pretty solid considering it's made of plastic. The only thing i would say is that it runs on batteries. Which for some people might be a deal breaker.

So got some stuff a bit back from the Gent that is Oisin, just never got around to posting.

14829296524_c1418aa219_z.jpg

14645115537_a051aca47a_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Cave Story 3D just arrived in the post. I heard that it is relatively rare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Cave Story 3D just arrived in the post. I heard that it is relatively rare.

Nice, where did you pick that up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Myrddin wrote: »
    Nice, where did you pick that up?

It was from Adverts.ie actually. The game is in pristine condition and the Nintendo Club Points haven't even been redeemed.

• Advertisement

It's a great buy, hard to find.
    That said....
    It's free on PC and there's a free version that will run on any PSP.

It's a great buy, hard to find.
    That said....
    It's free on PC and there's a free version that will run on any PSP.

Yeah but what's a collection without physical copies! Comon man, you're better than that :p

Yes, yes it's true.
    The game has two modes as well, an original and a rejigged one, only the visuals are affected.
    The 3d effect is pretty nice.
    While on the subject of 3DS titles, seek out Bit Trip Saga, well worth finding, cheap right now but I expect it'll be worth few bob later on.
    Another good one is the Pacman/Galaga collection, forget the dreadful 3DS only ports, worth the price of admission are the inclusion of Pacman Championship Edition and Galaga Legions.
    Also, there's the addition of 3D enhanced versions of the original Pacman and Galaga games, which is pretty nice.

Just picked up a lovely DSi XL, boxed and complete, to add to the collection, I now have a pretty complete Nintendo Handheld collection,

Gameboy
    Gameboy Pocket
    Gameboy Light
    Gameboy Color
    Gameboy Advance
    Gameboy Advance SP
    Gameboy Advance SP ags101
    Gameboy Micro
    DS
    DS lite
    DSi
    DSi XL
    3DS XL
    2DS

add in a couple of Game & Watches as well as the Pikachu Mini and it's all good!

Well, almost, sold my launch 3DS to fund my 3DS XL, and I need it back, or one very similar, once I have that the collection will be pretty much complete!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,790 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Don't judge me but I just had Sonic Lost World Wii U version delivered today

• Registered Users Posts: 28,790 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was in Game in Derry today and picked up a Turtle Beach Wii U gaming headset for £9.99. For that price, I figured why not?

Just picked up a lovely DSi XL, boxed and complete, to add to the collection, I now have a pretty complete Nintendo Handheld collection,

Gameboy
    Gameboy Pocket
    Gameboy Light
    Gameboy Color
    Gameboy Advance
    Gameboy Advance SP
    Gameboy Advance SP ags101
    Gameboy Micro
    DS
    DS lite
    DSi
    DSi XL
    3DS XL
    2DS

add in a couple of Game & Watches as well as the Pikachu Mini and it's all good!

Well, almost, sold my launch 3DS to fund my 3DS XL, and I need it back, or one very similar, once I have that the collection will be pretty much complete!

Just filled the slot, with a lovely Legand of Zelda themed black "classic" 3DS, very nice indeed.
    And what did I find out after thinking sweet sweet thoughts of my complete collection of Ninty handhelds, NEW 3DS/XL incoming!
    Bugger, I have to contrive excuses to need more of the same machine that can play the same games, more or less.
    Bugger!

So, question will be, in 2015....
    Do I splurge on a pair of 3DS consoles, all over again?
    Or do I buy an Xbox One at long last?

I think the smaller of the two new 3DS consoles might do the trick for the time being, depending on what they launch with it here, although I dare say it'll get plenty of use with Metal Gear Solid 3D

Got two nice finds yesterday for €9.99 and €14.99 respectively, kirby mass attack for ds
    and Harvest Moon a New Beginning for 3DS, both new.

Everytime you post a get without a picture a Retro Game is destroyed.

• Advertisement

marko93 wrote: »
    Everytime you post a get without a picture a Retro Game is destroyed.

I got a 400 in 1 cart for my AV modded Famicom last night and it's fantastic!
    Most of these carts are awful with dreadful hacks throughout and only a handful of actual titles included.
    This is almost the same except that it has 200/300 individual Famicom games on it, unhacked versions too, and a few forgettable rubbish in the last 100, but seperated from the rest.
    So it's a perfect companion to my original Famicom carts and serves as a pointer to upcoming games worth buying for the console.

Advertisement