Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Ninty Gets!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Went on a bit of binge this week.

I picked up the following:

Okami (Wii)
    Madworld (Wii)
    Resident Evil 4 (Wii)
    Muramasa: The Demon Blade (Wii)
    The World Ends With You (DS)
    Starfox 64 3D (3DS)

You can't beat a good bulk buy. Curse my Mt. Olympus backlog though!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Went on a bit of binge this week.

I picked up the following:

Okami (Wii)
    Madworld (Wii)
    Resident Evil 4 (Wii)
    Muramasa: The Demon Blade (Wii)
    The World Ends With You (DS)
    Starfox 64 3D (3DS)

You can't beat a good bulk buy. Curse my Mt. Olympus backlog though!

Okami is simply amazing, probably the best Zelda game that didn't feature Link or.... Zelda!
    RE4 is great on the Wii, plus widescreen and 480p support, afaik
    Muramasa, I'm playing it on the Vita right now and it has almost converted me on the subject of sidescrolling beatem ups! In fact, it's one of a series of purchases from the developer Vanillaware that includes Muramasa Rebirth, Dragons Crown and Odins Sphere, on the Vita, PS3 and PS2 respectively.
    There's another called Princess Crown that's also gorgeous but it's only on the jap Saturn so I'm waiting for a patched version in english.
    Starfox 3D is great, feels just a little like a missed opportunity, why couldn't they have included the Snes game too??

How much did your haul cost btw?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Okami is simply amazing, probably the best Zelda game that didn't feature Link or.... Zelda!
    RE4 is great on the Wii, plus widescreen and 480p support, afaik
    Muramasa, I'm playing it on the Vita right now and it has almost converted me on the subject of sidescrolling beatem ups! In fact, it's one of a series of purchases from the developer Vanillaware that includes Muramasa Rebirth, Dragons Crown and Odins Sphere, on the Vita, PS3 and PS2 respectively.
    There's another called Princess Crown that's also gorgeous but it's only on the jap Saturn so I'm waiting for a patched version in english.
    Starfox 3D is great, feels just a little like a missed opportunity, why couldn't they have included the Snes game too??

How much did your haul cost btw?

It cost €70 in total delivered, all second-hand though from CEX however all in great condition. They seemed to be the cheapest around by a fair bit when compared other sites. Muramasa for example has held onto it's value quite well.

Those are a few titles you mentioned which are new to me. Look well though from the screenshots.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Picked up Heroes of Ruin in CeX today for 3DS for €12 and Sonic Chronicles on DS in a charity shop for princely sum of €3, no book but did have the box.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

When I find a great great game, like Dragons Crown, I look at the developer and see what else they've released and in their case it has bee a series of innovative RPGs that are played out like a Arcade brawler, but much better.
    Similarly, Grasshopper have released so many good games, and plenty of weirdness but always worth picking up.
    The granddaddy of this is Treasure, so many amazing games with only one or two ropey numbers, well worth investigating in Gunstar Heroes or Dynamite Heady

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

It cost €70 in total delivered, all second-hand though from CEX however all in great condition. They seemed to be the cheapest around by a fair bit when compared other sites. Muramasa for example has held onto it's value quite well.

Those are a few titles you mentioned which are new to me. Look well though from the screenshots.

So CEX can deliver now? I guess it will be a great for bargain hunting!

So CEX can deliver now? I guess it will be a great for bargain hunting!

Yes they do. Although it's less of a hunt and more of a grenade in a barrel of fish! Still, it's a great resource to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Yes they do. Although it's less of a hunt and more of a grenade in a barrel of fish! Still, it's a great resource to have.

I spent €40 today on ps2 games. My wallet hates you all.

Great resource for those of us who only get near a cex every blue moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭smokingman

Picked up lego city on Saturday for 25 quid in gameshtaap. Second hand but heard it was good. Bloody load times are the worst I've seen though...

That's a great price there.
    I was thinking of picking it up myself, though loading times would put me right off tbh.

• Advertisement

Lego city will be on my radar too. I love lego and that game supposed to be good.

I almost bought on amazon zombieU, Re revelations and Raymon legends. Was working out only 45eu in total. Had to stop myself though, as I realised that I am on crack called monster hunter and those games will never be played... :(

Just a word on Lego City. That game has no right to be as good as it is. It is the first game I can remember in my adult life where I actually laughed out loud, many many times. The humour has a very Leslie Nielsen feel about it which I love. I didn't think I would like the general gameplay either but the simple act of collecting Lego bits is unusually satisfying.

It's a simple and enjoyable love letter to all of those cheesy cop shows of the 80's and 90's and it makes no apologies for it. 'Tis full of movie parodies too. Have a look at this cut-scene to make yee open your wallets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izws3AY23U4

The narrators name in this clip is 'Blue'. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

4 Copys of Mario Kart 8 for €30 euro each

So i got thanks to the free codes

Pickman 3
    The wonderful 101
    Zelda Hd
    Sonic

Trade in 3 copys of Mario kart and will be left with 5 games for the Wii U for about €15 euros so how bad is that ?.

Well + the €15 euro Hard drive i got for it so €30 euro

Pickman 3
    The wonderful 101
    Zelda Hd
    Sonic

Trade in 3 copys of Mario kart and will be left with 5 games for the Wii U for about €15 euros so how bad is that ?.

Where did you get it for €30?

Pickman 3
    The wonderful 101
    Zelda Hd
    Sonic

I have to say it was sneaky, but fair play to you sir. I though codes were one per account.

Where did you get it for €30?

Amazon had it last week for £25 pound and i picked up 4 copys of it so i said why not ?. Stock up on Wii U games.
    I have to say it was sneaky, but fair play to you sir. I though codes were one per account.

Set up 4 accounts and just put each code into my account i have on my Wii U and download them so i have 4 extra games now.

I was reading there on HUKD that some people used 10 codes on there account to get every game that they had on the offer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I've heard that Ninty have been removing the free games from peoples' accounts citing "eBay code abuse" - there was a guy on HUKD I think talking about having redeemed 5 codes and the last 2 disappearing from his eShop history.

So take a photo of yourself holding your 4 copies of MarioKart before you sell them on :) Amazon Abuse may not be regarded as a crime yet in Nintyland!

Edit : here it is
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/mario-kart-8-game-promotion-codes-choose-from-10-digital-games-11-95-cheapest-ebay-1958035
    MadonnaProject about halfway down the comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Was thinking of picking up the Circle Pad for my XL, is it worth getting? I have MH and I really want to get RE:R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Picked up Pikmin 3 for 28 euros today

hopefully to grab some of the games I held off for like Zombi u which is 12 euros now , wonderful 101 , rayman legends and rebuy mario 3d world

Picked up Pikmin 3 for 28 euros today

hopefully to grab some of the games I held off for like Zombi u which is 12 euros now , wonderful 101 , rayman legends and rebuy mario 3d world

I want to get zombieU from amazon, but when you add delivery it becomes about 12eu too. Will need to bring it up to 25£ for free delivery.... MORE Wii U GAMES! :D

• Advertisement

Got myself a blue 3ds xl with firmware 4.5 on it ;). Not going to say anything more about that as I think I would get a ban for it lol

Only 140 In a pawn shop in Waterford delighted with it the body is not the best but I will probably replace that down the line.

Have to sell my white 3ds xl with Mario kart on the sd card now lol. Was thinking 150 ? Are they worth that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I wanna see photos of all your ninty goodness guys! :D

Got myself Resident evil revalations for wii u. I already own it on 3ds, but what's the fun of owning it only one nintendo system lol.

My latest venture on the 3DS :cool:

35kv7ya.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

tumblr_n99ie7MRtX1tgnob8o1_500.jpg

Hey Cloud did you get Pokemon in Argos too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I did indeed. Not bad price.

I'll have to pick one of them up, great price

How much did you pay for sonic and did you get an xl yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I could not find wonderful 101 in town so I picked up Donkey Kong Tropical freeze, Loved country returns on the wii so I cannot wait to jump on this :D

Advertisement