Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Halo 4: First Impressions

Options
  • 06-11-2012 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭

What's people's impression of Halo 4 so far? Wont get back up to Dublin until Friday, so I'll have to wait till then to try it. What price is it on sale at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

I checked in extravision was 60 euro went to HMV and it was 45 so got it there.

Will start it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭martomcg

Happy I saw this thread, I was going to get it in Gamestop for €54.99.

Browning2010 just saved me a tenner! :D

Any trouble just grabbing a non pre-ordered copy?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

martomcg wrote: »
    Happy I saw this thread, I was going to get it in Gamestop for €54.99.

Browning2010 just saved me a tenner! :D

Any trouble just grabbing a non pre-ordered copy?

No problems for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

I checked in extravision was 60 euro went to HMV and it was 45 so got it there.

Will start it tonight.

Cheers, HMV it is so :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Gonna get stuck into Legendary campaign this evening, can't wait to get out of work :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Goog stuff HMV it is!

Anywhere else for prices fellas?? I'd Imagine 45 is the best

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Got mine in gamestop today! :mad: Should of went to HMV apparently :L Didn't matter had mine pre-ordered anyways! There was none left on the shelves in my local gamestop when I went! It seems to have sold well! :)

Haven't started campaign yet! Promised I'd wait for my friend :rolleyes: Had a look at some of the maps and stuff though, and they're actually quite good! There's no sand map though! :'O but the forge options seem way better than Halo 3! :') So excited to get stuck in! :D

At least there's no question about Halo 5 and Halo 6 coming out! :D Reclaimer trilogy here I come :D

If anyone wants a DLC code for female avatar Spartan armor PM me

EDIT: Code gone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I'm still waiting on my copy:( but just wondering would people mind giving their first impressions on it here from campaign, multiplayer and spartan ops. Hope someone can tell us about the new COD ish systems now in the multiplayer and how they work

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Argos have it for €43.99 and they have it in most stores

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Wasn't sure which thread to post this question in (mods move at will!)

Just want to know if the controller options for Halo 4 allow you to use the left-trigger to zoom/aim weapons a la COD or Battlefield.

Love the series but would have a real difficulty moving back to the joystick zoom which I always hated since playing the aforementioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ArPharazon

I have 2 questions.

My copy came with no manual. Should there be a manual?

Should I install both discs or just one disc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

ArPharazon wrote: »
    I have 2 questions.

My copy came with no manual. Should there be a manual?

Should I install both discs or just one disc?
    Mine didn't either :L

I just installed number two :)

Happened with Fifa 12 with me last year... Wondering where the manual was but you can read the manual on-screen

Saving paper I guess.. but as nerdy as it is, I kinda like reading them

Just finished first level. First impressions:

Magnum and BR are awesome
    Sound is fantastic, making me wish I hadn't sold surround sound
    HUD looks great

Loving it

Just started it and it feels and sounds cool. You know something is always gona down when you find a plethora of grenades floating about after a checkpoint.

The "Digging up the past" achievement was a nice reminder of events

AI has been good in parts, terrible in others. Have twice had elites just stand still as I kill them with a BR from afar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

sorry to hi jack the thread but would anyone be kind enough to give me a gold code if they arent going to be using it please. im waiting on my copy and want to get back into the groove with some reach multiplayer.thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Multiplayer is dirt. Feels and looks cheap and phoned in. Also too much CoD/BF nonsense going on. You even have to unlock the guns for christ sake. Every game lagged too.

Campaign seems fine so far. I'm only on the second level though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

campaign is pretty good so far.

The graphics & textures are a huge improvement and the environment is quite stunning. The music is very good too.

Some game-play improvements I think & the forerunner weapon animations are very cool.
    I liked the chief's first meeting with the Didact... tasty!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

The music is very good too.

I can't take to the music at all. Sounds more like Mass Effect. Its not that its bad or anything; it just doesn't sound like Halo.

Marty is sorely missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 wade_barrett

the game is epic , multiplayer is so much fun , ive been in some great team battles already , the weapons are awesome and the level design works very well i think i be playing this for a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Rob2D wrote: »
    Multiplayer is dirt. Feels and looks cheap and phoned in. Also too much CoD/BF nonsense going on. You even have to unlock the guns for christ sake. Every game lagged too.

Campaign seems fine so far. I'm only on the second level though.

I haven't played enough of the campaign to give a good account but the opening cinematic is amazing.

The Multiplayer is fantastic. Its the only FPS on console's that isn't reliant on you having the reflexes of a Cat. If someone see you first you have just as much of a chance of killing him.

The weapons feel fair and are all equally good in certain areas.

I'm not sure how I feel about the unlock system. Basically the weapons you unlock are only basic weapons you'd normally avoid in a normal match, so having to unlock them isnt a big deal I suppose.

Overall If your looking for a FPS that doesn't rely on twitch reactions and actually takes skill... This is the game for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Just finished it and i have to say 343 really have done a good job, always good to see as new devs can really mess a game up but i have to say its very well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Rob2D wrote: »

Are you actually complaining about lag in a game on the first day of release ? That was a joke right ?

On every map every one is using the DMR. seems more powerful and accurate than the BR :( ... Also when you get shot you are no longed forced out of zoom ! Which is annoying tbh as it noobs the game up a notch.

Do not like the new "ordinance" system. New weapons should only be on the map. The SAW is rediculous in MP. You've no chance against it ! At least with most other power weapons you could survive if they missed, the SAW lets them just spray and pray !

Only got to play about 8 games of slayer (a few of them big team) and had no lag at all. Gonna take me a while to get used to the ordnance, not sure if I like it yet. Really enoying the MP though :)

No SWAT though?! (or did I miss it?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

maximoose wrote: »
    No SWAT though?! (or did I miss it?)

SWAT will probably be added some time in the future. Along with MLG setting playlists etc

Anyone else initially think the new warthog noise was class only to have it start to annoy you 3 minutes later ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

MOD: Moved to Halo forum.

I love the sound of the Warthog :pac:

The sound in general I think is fantastic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I watched a dev walkthrough on SWAT gameplay so I would have assumed it was there.

DMR or BR as the two options.

Advertisement