Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

€10 20GB of 4g Data plus unlimited calls and texts Lycamobile

• 04-07-2020 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

As the headline unlimited calls, texts and 20gb of data only €10 for 30 days.
    Not bad for a pre-plan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,502 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

vectra wrote: »
    Link?
    https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/bundle/ireland-plus-online/

With the key take away being:
    Offer valid for new Customers only. First month plan €10/30 days Auto-Renewal must be enabled to receive two further consecutive months at €10/30 days. Price will revert back to normal €15/30 days from the fourth month on-wards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

48 is 40gb, unlimited texts and 300mins for 15 or a tenner for the same w/20gb. If you don't need all the mins.

Not putting down ops post, just incase people don't want to move again after 3 months as per t&cs above.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 blocstock

rizzee wrote: »
    48 is 40gb, unlimited texts and 300mins for 15 or a tenner for the same w/20gb. If you don't need all the mins.

Not putting down ops post, just incase people don't want to move again after 3 months as per t&cs above.

yeah but it hell getting phone credit .They no longer issue it in stores whixch is a pain

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

The Lyca offer a short-term promo for just 3 months.

Unless one wants to switch constantly (and Virgin have short term promo of 5 EUR for 5 months too), then people are better off with 48 if they are a light user or otherwise GoMo.

• Advertisement

JTMan wrote: »

Unless one wants to switch constantly (and Virgin have short term promo of 5 EUR for 5 months too), then people are better off with 48 if they are a light user or otherwise GoMo.

Exactly, life is too short for that.

DopeTech wrote: »
    Exactly, life is too short for that.

40kHu0Z.png?1

40kHu0Z.png?1

I'm on gomo 9.99 for life, now I don't need to switch ever again or at least not for a very long time. If I was to jump from every "cheapest option" all the time I would have to constantly be thinking about what credit I have, when it runs out, when I have to port etc. With gomo I signed up and can forget about it.

DopeTech wrote: »
    I'm on gomo 9.99 for life, now I don't need to switch ever again or at least not for a very long time.

Obviously you should only be porting if there are cheaper, better alternatives available for you. If a cheaper option arrives for you though, life is not too short to port over. :)
    DopeTech wrote:
    If I was to jump from every "cheapest option" all the time I would have to constantly be thinking about what credit I have, when it runs out, when I have to port etc.

Just port at the end of the month every time you switch and you will stay in sync with any 30 day contract offers.

People used to spend hours on the phone switching e.g. electricity providers every so often back in day to save a few punts, spending a minute to switch mobile providers is nothing in comparison. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

JTMan wrote: »

The Lyca deal is 12 months according to there website

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

There are 2 different offers...

Ireland Port In
    20GB, calls and text
    10e for 12 months
    https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/ireland-port-in/

Ireland Plus Online
    25GB, calls and text
    10e for 3 months, 15e thereafter
    https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/bundle/ireland-plus-online/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

Thanks for the clear post Ten Pin.

Typical Lyca to have 2 different, but very similar, 10 EUR packages and 1 is for 3 months and 1 is for 12 months. Are they deliberately trying to confuse?

Lyca do themselves no favours by having an endless list of different bundles and packages rather than clear simple packages like GoMo.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,502 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Are Lycomobile any good?
    I am currently a stick in the mud with Tesco mobile €15 per month. All calls, 10gb data, keep the €15. ( Only 3g though )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Are Lycamobile any good?
    I am currently a stick in the mud with Tesco mobile €15 per month. All calls, 10gb data, keep the €15. ( Only 3g though )

You can try out Lyca without porting. That would allow a comparison between 4G Lyca and 3G Tesco.

IMO you should hold on to that Tesco SIM as you will lose the keep credit plan if you port from Tesco.

Lyca also allow keep credit with 15e top up but it's not part of a plan and could be discontinued at any stage.
    https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/special-offers/special-offers-top-up-offers/

Other things to consider about Lyca....

- 2FA SMS compatibility (doesn't work on some networks)

- Tethering (they used to block it, maybe that's changed)
    See "5. Acceptable Use Policy"
    https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/termscondition/

- VOIP apps
    See "Can I use VoIP Services on my Lycamobile"
    https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/help/faq/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,300 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Lyca have been allowing tethering for a year now

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭longgonesilver

Does virgin allow tethering?

Well whatever deal people are getting. It's great to see we can run our smartphones for €10 per month. How times have changed.

Advertisement