Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

mrcheez wrote: »
    that seems to give me a 500 error.

This one seems to work though: https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/samurai-shodown-neogeo-collection/home

They both resolve to the same URL, but the site is getting a lot of traffic at the moment! I got it after a few tries :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭RedXIV

CastorTroy wrote: »
    itch.io doing a crazy bundle for Racial Justice and Equality

Minimum $5 donation gets 743 games (and seems a lot more to come)
    https://itch.io/b/520/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality

Can't say I know a lot but ones I do recognise include Minit, Night in the Woods and Oxenfree

I bought this and downloaded the launcher but I can't seem to find the games in the library, it says I own nothing. Anyone more familiar with this? Am I missing something?

RedXIV wrote: »
    I bought this and downloaded the launcher but I can't seem to find the games in the library, it says I own nothing. Anyone more familiar with this? Am I missing something?

Go to the link you quoted and you should see a piece of text saying "You bought this X days ago" and a download button.
    Click that Download button to be brought to the bundle :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭RedXIV

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Go to the link you quoted and you should see a piece of text saying "You bought this X days ago" and a download button.
    Click that Download button to be brought to the bundle :)

Legend! thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

eyerer wrote: »
    ARK: Survival Evolved it is on the EGS for free this week

Intall size for this on steam.....its quite large.

516216.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

EoinHef wrote: »
    Intall size for this on steam.....its quite large.

516216.png

Is that with the expansions? That is a fair chunk, is the game even any use I wonder?

Another one of these freebies I will prob never install ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Is that with the expansions? That is a fair chunk, is the game even any use I wonder?

I installed and played it for about 30 minutes before deciding its not for me. I'm much more into strategy games though so your mileage may vary

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

I installed and played it for about 30 minutes before deciding its not for me. I'm much more into strategy games though so your mileage may vary

I was really looking forward to this, but it's quite bad.

There's zero background or tutorial, you're just dumped on an island and work everything out. Normally I'd enjoy that, less so when I keep getting murdered every 2 minutes by the same dino which is 30 levels above me. Or sometimes murdered by another dino 4 levels below me. If you're leaving players to work things out you really need to give them time to do so.

And make it logical. Lot of it is very unintuitive - that dino running towards me has a little red heart over it. Does that mean I can tame it? No, after I'm murdered again I google and discover that means it's part of a mated pair and is getting an attack boost from being close to its mate which was attacking me from behind. Silly me for not guessing that.
    I might be old fashioned but I feel if I have to go watching YouTube videos to work out how to play your game, then that's a flaw in your game design.

Found it not very optimised either. I've been playing a lot of Satisfactory lately and it looks a lot better and runs a lot smoother, even around a massive factory setup. Ark was a bit juddery with dinos frequently suddenly popping in quite close.

There's a lot i'd forgive if it was still early access, but for something costing 50+ quid that's been in full release for a couple of years it feels far from finished. I might give it one more shot, but even for free I'm not sure it's worth the disk space.

Sorry for the long chat, deals:
    Hitman Absolution free for today on GOG (click on "go to giveaway" and then there's a banner halfway down the page)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

2ndcoming wrote: »

Its one those games that you download everything,expansions included even if you don't have access to them.

I like the premise but as someone already said,the game kinda gets in its own way. Having to look things up is a regular occurrence. Playing solo can be quite difficult aswell. I've managed about 50hrs over the years but a lot of sessions ended in frustration.

In saying all that there's some people out there that have loved the game. If you like survival games and are willing to put the time in it might click for you but it definitely has its flaws.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

CastorTroy wrote: »
    itch.io doing a crazy bundle for Racial Justice and Equality

Minimum $5 donation gets 743 games (and seems a lot more to come)
    https://itch.io/b/520/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality

Can't say I know a lot but ones I do recognise include Minit, Night in the Woods and Oxenfree
    About 12 hours left on this. It's up to 1,704 items now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,316 ✭✭✭VanZan

Aer and Stranger Things 3 free on Epic until 2 July.

Hue free on Epic until 9th July.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I see EGS also have a free remake of Trackmania Nations. I loved that game back in the day, I'd play it if the numbers were there online

Outer Wilds is down to 13.99 on Steam

Watch Dogs 2 free on uPlay if you tune in to their Ubisoft Forward Event on Sunday 12th July:

Tune in to the dedicated Ubisoft Forward stream starting at 6:30 PM with a packed pre-show and free rewards. The Ubisoft News team and friends will be playing Trackmania live on stream, followed by exclusive news, interviews, and a look at upcoming content, including intel about the AI teammates coming to Ghost Recon Breakpoint, news from Just Dance 2020, a deep dive into a much-loved Easter egg from The Division 2, and more!

Don't forget to log in with your Uplay account anytime after Trackmania and before the end of the main show to claim a free copy of Watch Dogs 2 on PC, and to get a chance to answer trivia questions and win some rewards for a variety of Ubisoft titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

So if I'm timezoning correctly, 8pm our time is the main show, so if we just log on then and go idle we should be cool?

I believe that is correct.

• Advertisement

Three games free on Epic this week for some reason.

Killing Floor 2
    Lifeless Planet
    The Escapists 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

So if I'm timezoning correctly, 8pm our time is the main show, so if we just log on then and go idle we should be cool?

So, its the 12th, where exactly do you tune in to claim the free game?

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/forward

Trackmania now!
    Proper thing begins at 8pm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,647 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Anyone else having problems logging in to their account?

Yup :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,647 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Getting nowhere with this. Keeps going back to the login screen :rolleyes:

• That game ain't very good anyway.

Looks like when they started flashing game keys up on screen that things went mental.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,297 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Advertisement