Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hella Mega Tour 2020 (Green Day, Fall Out Boy & Weezer) 29th June 2020 RDS Arena

• 10-09-2019 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,552 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

70302091_10157740528294548_3579529154413985792_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQn0lT9JRhkNxgfMgQ7n7ux1dqggXShQCbXJodrRtBkCG1vizAlIsnb3lqIQeyRWdG8&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=468a6c8df1dcdcdc65b26d8a7a804ef8&oe=5DFC756A

wow could be a great night. My innner teenage self is exploding now ha

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

PTH2009 wrote: »
    70302091_10157740528294548_3579529154413985792_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQn0lT9JRhkNxgfMgQ7n7ux1dqggXShQCbXJodrRtBkCG1vizAlIsnb3lqIQeyRWdG8&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=468a6c8df1dcdcdc65b26d8a7a804ef8&oe=5DFC756A

wow could be a great night. My innner teenage self is exploding now ha
    Unreal. Nothing against Fall Out Boy but would’ve preferred someone like The Offspring or Jimmy Eat World.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Unreal. Nothing against Fall Out Boy but would’ve preferred someone like The Offspring or Jimmy Eat World.

Reckon loads will spend Fall out boy at the bar.

Big fan of weezer and green day. Would rather not listen to fallout boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DylanB85

Reckon loads will spend Fall out boy at the bar.

Big fan of weezer and green day. Would rather not listen to fallout boy.

I think you’re underestimating just how big Fall Out Boy are....they’re above Wheezer on the poster sure. And headlined Reading/Leeds last year

• Registered Users Posts: 9,630 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Are any of these bands releasing new material soon??? Cause these 3 ripping through the hits would be a cracking night, but i don't have any interest in seeing anything they've done post 2011.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

Are the interrupters only playing the US leg of this tour?

• Advertisement

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Are any of these bands releasing new material soon??? Cause these 3 ripping through the hits would be a cracking night, but i don't have any interest in seeing anything they've done post 2011.......

Both weezer and green day are releasing new albums. Don't know about FOB

• Registered Users Posts: 21,012 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

DylanB85 wrote: »
    I think you’re underestimating just how big Fall Out Boy are....they’re above Wheezer on the poster sure. And headlined Reading/Leeds last year

Bit of a stretch to say they headlined considering they played second last both night on a co-headline. Was a bit of placating some egos and Biffy not bothered only being given co-grains status. Probably would be bigger than weezeralright though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Are the interrupters only playing the US leg of this tour?

Looks like it, if they were playing here it'd probably push me over the line to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Defo gonna be twiddling my thumbs in the middle. Don't know a single song of FOB.

Pity Weezer are gone to absolute sh*te.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

2000 me is doing backflips. Any idea on prices?

zuutroy wrote: »
    Defo gonna be twiddling my thumbs in the middle. Don't know a single song of FOB.

I only know they did a great cover of Beat it by Michael Jackson.

Doesn't appear on recent setlists though.

Pity Weezer are gone to absolute sh*te.

EWBAITE and White Album was good, last 2 (+covers) rubbish
    Duff wrote: »
    2000 me is doing backflips. Any idea on prices?

80 blips.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Remember when Green Day released a triple album?. Christ almighty, I remember thinking "who the hell do you think you are?". I can't remember a single tune off any of them.

Still, this sounds about right. Three dumb throwback bands in one fun night. One for the leftover xmas money, p'raps, if tickets are still floating.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,552 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'll be going for the grandstand this time not that bloody Angelesa stand

Mushy wrote: »
    Bit of a stretch to say they headlined considering they played second last both night on a co-headline. Was a bit of placating some egos and Biffy not bothered only being given co-grains status. Probably would be bigger than weezeralright though

Did they? Okay fair I was just going based off the poster. But yeah I think they’re bigger than Wheezer and there’ll be more people there for them than Wheezer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

Weezer, Weezer , Weezer !!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Fall Out Boy are great, stacked lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,012 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

5555555555 wrote: »
    Weezer, Weezer , Weezer !!!!!!!!

Wish were playing their own show tbh, id justify a trip to that I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

The name is a bit cringe..... I guess its being marketed as a sorta cheesy nostalgia thing.

• Advertisement

The name is a bit cringe..... I guess its being marketed as a sorta cheese nostalgia thing.

With Harley Davidson as the big Corp sponsor

By god hope they produce the security for this gigs. Drunk Irish lads would be really put in there place lol

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

For 80 euro you are def getting moneys worth for the 3 bands.

Agreed would have preferred Weezer in Trinity or Iveagh Gardens but still will pick up tickets for this at some stage

This is from €78.50 so that could be the price of about 50 cheap tickets and the rest will be €100+

they will prob go the whole hog with golden circle and all that ****e

Expect to pay more than €80

• Registered Users Posts: 12,301 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

zuutroy wrote: »

Try to keep it that way. Pure dirt. Hopefully I never meet that bassist in person. I'm not a violent person but he makes me want to punch things!

Literally any other band would've been better.

All 3 should be confined to their material pre 2000.

Try to keep it that way. Pure dirt. Hopefully I never meet that bassist in person. I'm not a violent person but he makes me want to punch things!

Listen to take 'this to your grave' too 2014s save Rock N roll albums (partially skip foile a deux) great tracks. Stuff after that doesn't appeal to me

30 year old is very happy right now after growing up listening to those bands. Fall out boy amazingly the only one I saw live and it was 2014

Last time I saw Green Day was in the SFX in 1998 :eek:

Always loved Weezer so I've seen in them in Toronto, Leeds, Dublin twice in 2005, and Amsterdam a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭aj89

Saw Weezer in Brixton in Jun. They were great.

Fall Out Boy played Download Festival 2014, and I was pleasantly surprised by them.

Can't wait for Hella Mega!!

So much negativity here, **** me

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Dow99

I'm a grunge kid (over 40) & Greenday and Weezer were the soundtrack to my teens! Circa 2007 I came across FOB's "Infinity on High" album and loved it!! This will be a great gig!

The only draw back is that this is on a Monday. Vulfpeck played 2 gigs (a Monday and Tuesday) in the Olympia last October. The difference in atmosphere was huge between the 2 nights, it seemed that people were still not over their weekend hangovers for the Monday gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

Had a look at the recent setlists - Green Day and Weezer seem to play the hits.
    Fall Out Boy a lot of "newer" stuff as in after the first 3/4 albums - could under stand
    them wanting to put in few new tracks but living out things like Grand Theft Autumn?

Wouldn't go pitch 2 again in RDS too far back so will try for pitch 1/Gold Circle nearer the time
    when people flogging them.

Advertisement