Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Halo Wars 2 (xbox One & PC)

Options
  • 11-06-2016 2:19pm
    Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

This isn't too far off now, they'll likely announce when the beta is during E3.

An album of images has emerged and it's looking good: http://imgur.com/a/Jsd1A

Been a long tome since I played an RTS so I'm looking forward to it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

looks good alright, the thought of playing rts with a gamepad doesnt appeal though i assume theyve made it easy somehow

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

IvoryTower wrote: »
    looks good alright, the thought of playing rts with a gamepad doesnt appeal though i assume theyve made it easy somehow

Agreed, definitely not a type of game that lends itself well to a gamepad. Might look into getting this for PC instead of Xbox, though maybe MS will announce keyboard and mouse support and PC cross play later today :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

This and Civ Rev were two strategy games I played the sh!t out of on the 360. Always thought the cutscenes in 1 were miles ahead of anything else on the 360 at the time. There was talk of this being released as episodes, is that still the case?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Turtyturd wrote: »
    This and Civ Rev were two strategy games I played the sh!t out of on the 360. Always thought the cutscenes in 1 were miles ahead of anything else on the 360 at the time. There was talk of this being released as episodes, is that still the case?

Not sure, don't think they mentioned anything like that yesterday.

The beta is available to download and play for the rest of the week by the way, haven't tried it yet though. 13GB download.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I haven't heard anything about it being released as episodes since around the time the game was first announced so it's most likely been scrapped. Would be the difference between picking it up at launch and waiting until all episodes had been released.

Have the beta downloaded and will give it a go tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Anyone playing this on Xbox still. I am playing it for months in Ranked 3v3. I only play with random people which can be annoying for tactics etc.

Any groups on boards that play 3v3 on a regular basis?

Advertisement