Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Allianz refund for premium overcharge - house insurance

• 16-03-2019 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭

I got a small cheque in post on Friday saying refund for premium overcharge under your policy as per our previous letter.

I didn't get any previous letter. Anybody else get this or have more information please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ring the company using the number on their website, it could be a mistake or scam of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Delta2113

biko wrote: »
    Ring the company using the number on their website, it could be a mistake or scam of some sort.

- It's not a scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

How do you know? It seems from OP you don't know what the letter was.
    Do you have a house policy with Allianz?
    Why don't you just ring and ask?

Either way, moved from vehicle insurance forum to accommodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭highdef

Delta2113 wrote: »
    I got a small cheque in post on Friday saying refund for premium overcharge under your policy as per our previous letter.

I didn't get any previous letter. Anybody else get this or have more information please?

What were the dimensions of the small cheque? I'd always thought that cheques were all the same size or at least very similar in size.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

highdef wrote: »
    What were the dimensions of the small cheque? I'd always thought that cheques were all the same size or at least very similar in size.

I presume they mean small amount of money. The dimensions are not fixed - companies with cheque printing rights from their bank often go for the bottom quarter or third of an A4 page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭mr_cochise

I also got a cheque in the post from Allianz. There was also reference to a previous letter that I did not receive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

mr_cochise wrote: »
    I also got a cheque in the post from Allianz. There was also reference to a previous letter that I did not receive.

I got one too but the letter I got was from my bank not Allianz. Both arrived at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Delta2113 wrote: »
    - It's not a scam.
    Did the letter have your account number, or what makes you think it's not a scam?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Finally got a letter saying it was a system error and they would send out a cheque. They already sent out the cheque so correspondence skills are lacking as well as whatever the system error was.

Anyway 100% not a scam.

Advertisement